WON - Tampa Bay Buccaneers 35 Minnesota Vikings 31
***HISTORIC MARKER*** The Buccaneers gave up record amounts of yardage to the Vikings, but stayed in the game by capitalizing on Viking turnovers. The Vikings' 543 yards and Tommy Kramer's 386 passing yards were the most ever gained against Tampa Bay in a regulation game.
Leading 21–7, Kramer gave up an interception and a fumble in quick succession, each time giving the Buccaneers the ball inside the Viking 15-yard line and allowing them to easily tie the score. The Vikings committed 13 penalties for 101 yards. A Viking penalty for having 12 men on the field during a punt attempt gave Tampa Bay fourth-and-2 at the Viking 31, which led to the Buccaneers' first touchdown.
Viking guard Ron Sams, filling in at center, was overwhelmed by Dave Logan and was called for holding five times. Logan got past him for sacks two other times. Kevin House had his ninth 100-yard game, with seven catches for 126 yards and a touchdown. Scot Brantley suffered a knee injury, while Sammy White and Darrin Nelson both pulled hamstrings.
- REFEREE: Pat Haggerty
- UMPIRE: Hendi Ancich
- LINE JUDGE: Walt Peters
- HEAD LINESMAN: Frank Glover
- BACK JUDGE: Jim Poole
- FIELD JUDGE: Don Habel
- SIDE JUDGE: Dick Creed
- VIKINGS: 10:22-1Q Brown 1 run (Stenerud kick)
- VIKINGS: 06:15-1Q Brown 13 pass from Kramer (Stenerud kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 00:40-1Q Armstrong 1 run (Ariri kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 12:24-2Q House 7 pass from DeBerg (Ariri kick)
- VIKINGS: 09:53-2Q Mularkey 1 pass from Kramer (Stenerud kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 05:15-2Q Wilder 11 run (Ariri kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 05:29-3Q Carter 6 pass from DeBerg (Ariri kick)
- VIKINGS: 08:27-4Q Stenerud FG20
- BUCCANEERS: 05:05-4Q Wilder 10 run (Ariri kick)
- VIKINGS: 01:10-4Q Anderson 6 run (Stenerud kick)
- WR: #87 K. House
- LT: #74 G. Sanders
- LG: #72 S. Courson
- C: #50 S. Wilson
- RG: #62 S. Farrell
- RT: #73 R. Heller
- TE: #88 J. Giles
- WR: #82 J. Bell
- QB: #17 S. DeBerg
- FB: #46 A. Armstrong
- TB: #32 J. Wilder
- LE: #78 J. Cannon
- NT: #76 D. Logan
- RE: #63 L. Selmon
- LOLB: #56 C. Johnson
- LILB: #58 J. Davis
- RILB: #52 S. Brantley
- ROLB: #57 K. Browner
- LCB: #23 J. Castille
- RCB: #21 J. Holt
- LS: #43 B. Reece
- RS: #34 C. Brown
- 2 Ariri, 5 Garcia, 16 Kiel, 20 Morton, 24 Harvey, 27 Acorn, 29 Bright, 33 Cotney, 41 Thomas, 51 Washington, 54 Wood, 55 Spradlin, 60 Grimes, 65 Jackson, 67 Morgan, 71 Braggs, 79 Kaplan, 81 Tuttle, 83 T Bell, 85 Witte, 86 Carroll, 87 Carter
DID NOT PLAY
- 14 Thompson, 25 Dierking, 53 Green, 70 Thomas, 75 Manor
- BUCCANEERS: Wilder 25-89, Morton 3-16, Armstrong 1-1, DeBerg 2-(-4).
- VIKINGS: Brown 9-80, Anderson 18-78, Waddy 2-13, Manning 1-0, Kramer 2-(-2).
- BUCCANEERS: DeBerg 29-16-212-0-2.
- VIKINGS: Kramer 47-27-386-2-2, Manning 2-1-7-0-0.
- BUCCANEERS: House 7-126, Wilder 6-40, Giles 1-22, J.Bell 1-18, Carter 1-6.
- VIKINGS: Brown 8-71, Jones 6-110, Lewis 4-72, Jordan 4-54, White 3-71, Nelson 2-14, Mularkey 1-1.
- BUCCANEERS: Holt 1-25, Brantley 1-13.
- VIKINGS: none.
- BUCCANEERS: Morton 4-79, Wood 1-14.
- VIKINGS: Waddy 3-64, Anderson 3-48.
- BUCCANEERS: Bright 1-6.
- VIKINGS: Lewis 2-18, Waddy 1-(-3).
- BUCCANEERS: Logan 2-15, Selmon 1-4.
- VIKINGS: none.