WON - Tampa Bay Buccaneers 13 Tennessee Titans 10
The Buccaneers hosted the Titans at Raymond James Stadium, their second inter-conference matchup in two weeks. Buccaneers running back Earnest Graham was a part of the starting lineup for the first time in his career, replacing the injured Michael Pittman, who sat out the game.
The first half was a defensive struggle, with neither team scoring in the first quarter. Early in the second quarter, Tennessee drove to the Buccaneers 32-yard line, but quarterback Vince Young fumbled the ball and the Buccaneers recovered. Jeff Garcia connected on a 39-yard pass play to Michael Clayton, to help set up a 23-yard Matt Bryant field goal, the first points of the game. Moments later, Phillip Buchanon intercepted Vince Young with 1:29 remaining in the half, to maintain a 3–0 halftime lead.
Tennessee took the second half kickoff, and executed a 12-play, 45-yard drive which resulted in a 48-yard field goal by Rob Bironas. On their next possession, Vince Young ran out of bounds, and suffered a strained quad. He would have to leave the game, and was replaced by Kerry Collins. On Tampa Bay's next drive, Garcia connected with Joey Galloway for a 69-yard touchdown catch. On the ensuing drive Ronde Barber intercepted a pass by Kerry Collins, but it ruled incomplete after review.
With less than four minutes remaining in regulation, Collins drove the Titans to the Buccaneers 23-yard line. For the second time, Ronde Barber intercepted Collins, this time in the endzone, but it was again ruled incomplete after review. The drive continued, and with 1:24 remaining, LenDale White tied the game 10–10 with a touchdown run. With only one timeout, Garcia drove the Buccaneers 55 yards on seven plays. With 11 seconds remaining, Matt Bryant kicked a game-winning 43-yard field goal.
- REFEREE: Scott Green
- UMPIRE: Scott Dawson
- HEAD LINESMAN: Tony Veteri
- LINE JUDGE: Ron Marinucci
- SIDE JUDGE: Larry Rose
- BACK JUDGE: Lee Dyer
- FIELD JUDGE: Borls Cheek
- VIDEO REPLAY OFFICAL: Bobby Skelton
- VIDEO OPERATOR: not documented
- BUCCANEERS: 06:07-2Q Bryant FG23
- TITANS: 07:52-3Q Bironas FG48
- BUCCANEERS: 02:29-3Q Galloway 69 pass from Garcia (Bryant kick)
- TITANS: 01:17-4Q White 2 run (Bironas kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 00:11-4Q Bryant FG43
- WR: #84 J. Galloway
- LT: #70 D. Penn
- LG: #78 A. Sears
- C: #76 J. Wade
- RG: #75 D. Joseph
- RT: #65 J. Trueblood
- TE: #81 A. Smith
- WR: #19 I. Hillard
- QB: #07 J. Garcia
- RB: #34 E. Graham
- TE: #86 J. Stevens
- LE: #93 K. Carter
- DT: #95 C. Hovan
- DT: #71 J. Haye
- RE: #94 G. Spires
- SLB: #59 C. June
- MLB: #51 B. Ruud
- WLB: #55 D. Brooks
- LCB: #20 R. Barber
- RCB: #31 P. Buchanon
- FS: #23 J. Phillips
- FS: #28 T. Jackson
- 3 Bryant, 9 Bidwell, 11 Jones, 22 Davis, 26 Allen, 27 Cox, 30 Crockett, 35 Askew, 36 Gates, 39 Pearson, 48 Economos, 54 Chukwurah, 56 Nece, 58 Black, 68 Lehr,80 Clayton, 85 Stovall, 88 Becht, 90 Adams, 91 White, 96 Peterson
DID NOT PLAY
- 5 Gradkowski, 69 Davis
- 12 McCown, 25 Kelly, 32 Pittman, 50 Trotter, 57 Hayward, 72 Buenning, 73 Roland, 98 Sims
- BUCCANEERS: Graham 13-29, Garcia 2-1.
- TITANS: White 25-64, Brown 5-26, Young 3-6.
- BUCCANEERS: Garcia 31-20-274-0-1.
- TITANS: Young 14-11-120-1-0, Collins 20-10-125-0-0.
- BUCCANEERS: Graham 6-17, Galloway 4-97, Hilliard 4-59, Askew 3-33, Clayton 2-53, Smith 1-15.
- TITANS: Moulds 6-49, Williams 5-44, Gage 4-82, Sciafe 3-45, White 2-9, Hartsock 1-16.
- BUCCANEERS: Buchanon 1-(-1).
- TITANS: none.
- BUCCANEERS: Jones 1-33.
- TITANS: Griffin 3-60, Cramer 1-22.
- BUCCANEERS: Jones 3-12.
- TITANS: Davis 3-16.
- BUCCANEERS: Carter 1-13, Haye 1-7, Adams 1-4.
- TITANS: none.