WON - Tampa Bay Buccaneers 20 Seattle Seahawks 10
Tampa Bay appeared on NBC's Sunday Night Football for the first time, and hosted a primetime home game for the first time since 2003. At halftime, festivties were scheduled honoring retired player Mike Alstott.
Seattle took the opening kickoff, but the Buccaneer defense forced a punt. Jeff Garcia led the Buccaneers to a 7–0 lead on their first drive after a 47-yard touchdown pass. Seattle's two other first quarter drives were 3 & outs.
Early in the second quarter, Garcia drove the Buccaneers to the Seattle 4-yard line. Ike Hilliard caught a pass, but was knocked out by a helmet-to-helmet hit. After a replay challenge, it was determined that Hilliard also fumbled the ball. Seattle took over possession, but the drive went 3 & out. Seattle's punt was received by Tampa Bay at their own 41. Garcia quickly drove the Buccaneers to the endzone, with Earnest Graham upping the lead to 14–0.
Justin Forsett returned the ensuing kickoff for Seattle all the way to the Tampa Bay 31. On the first play of the drive, however, Seneca Wallace was intercepted by Aqib Talib. The turnover led to a Matt Bryant field goal and a 17–0 lead. With just over 2 minutes remaining, Seneca Wallace fumbled the center exchange at the snap, and Tampa Bay recovered. As time expired in the half, Matt Bryant attempted a 47-yard field goal into the wind, but it fell short.
Seattle earned good field position early in the third quarter, which led to an Olindo Mare field goal. On their next drive, Maurice Morris broke for a 45-yard rush. The Buccaneer defense stiffened in the red zone, however, and Seattle missed a field goal.
Tampa Bay dominated the fourth quarter, executing a clock-eating, 16-play, 9½-minute drive, culminating with a Matt Bryant field goal and a 20–3 lead. A late touchdown pass by Seattle trimmed the lead to 20–10, but an ensuing onside kick failed. Tampa Bay ran the clock down, and improved to 4–0 at home with the victory.
With the win, the Buccaneers improved to 5–2.
- REFEREE: Scott Green
- UMPIRE: Scott Dawson
- HEAD LINESMAN: Paul Weidner
- LINE JUDGE: Thomas Symonette
- SIDE JUDGE: Larry Rose
- FIELD JUDGE: Doug Rosenbaum
- BACK JUDGE: Jim Howey
- REPLAY OFFICIAL: Bobby Skelton
- VIDEO OPERATOR: unknown
- BUCS: 09:13-1Q Bryant 47 pass from Garcia (Bryant kick)
- BUCS: 06:32-1Q Graham 1 run (Bryant kick)
- BUCS: 03:12-2Q Bryant FG27
- SEAHAWKS: 10:21-3Q Mare FG26
- BUCS: 04:34-4Q Bryant FG27
- SEAHAWKS: 01:55-4Q Carlson 2 pass from Wallace (Mare kick)
- LT: #70 D. Penn
- LG: #78 A. Sears
- C: #52 J. Faine
- RG: #75 D. Joseph
- RT: #65 J. Trueblood
- TE: #81 A. Smith
- TE: #88 J. Gilmore
- WR: #89 A. Bryant
- QB: #07 J. Garcia
- RB: #28 W. Dunn
- FB: #34 E. Graham
- LE: #93 K. Carter
- DT: #95 C. Hovan
- DT: #71 J. Haye
- RE: #90 G. Adams
- SLB: #59 C. June
- MLB: #51 B. Ruud
- WLB: #55 D. Brooks
- LCB: #21 P. Buchanon
- RCB: #20 R. Barber
- SS: #23 J. Phillips
- FS: #36 T. Jackson
- 3 Bryant, 9 Bidwell, 10 Jackson, 17 Clark, 19 Hilliard, 21 Piscitelli, 25 Talib,26 Allen, 29 Bennett, 43 Mack, 48 Economos, 54 Hayes, 57 Hayward, 58 Black, 79 Mahan, 80 Clayton, 85 Stovall, 86 Stevens, 91 White, 97 Wilkerson, 98 Sims
DID NOT PLAY
- 12 McCown, 76 Zuttah
- 8 Griese, 11 Johnson, 35 Askew, 50 McCoy, 69 Davis, 77 Lee, 84 Galloway, 96 Peterson
- BUCCANEERS: Graham 23-52, Dunn 13-37, Garcia 2-8.
- SEAHAWKS: Morris 6-56, Jones 7-42, Wallace 2-6, Duckett 1-(-1).
- BUCCANEERS: Garcia 36-27-310-0-1.
- SEAHAWKS: Wallace 23-12-73-1-1.
- BUCCANEERS: Bryant 6-115, Stevens 4-55, Dunn 4-21, Clayton 3-30, Smith 2-25, Gilmore 2-20, Cook 2-15, Graham 2-13, Clark 1-12, Hilliard 1-4.
- SEAHAWKS: Carlson 3-11, Robinson 2-23, Colbert 2-18, Morris 2-12, Engram 1-8, Weaver 1-6, Jones 1-(-5).
- BUCCANEERS: Talib 1-19.
- SEAHAWKS: none.
- BUCCANEERS: D. Jackson 1-4.
- SEAHAWKS: Wilson 4-146, Forsett 1-24.
- BUCCANEERS: D. Jackson 2-3, Talib 1-0.
- SEAHAWKS: Forsett 2-36, Engram 1-6.
- BUCCANEERS: none.
- SEAHAWKS: Mebane 1-5.