LOSS - Tampa Bay Buccaneers 14 New Orleans Saints 31
Hoping to rebound from their road loss to the Giants, the Buccaneers went home for an NFC South rematch with the New Orleans Saints.
In the first quarter, the Buccaneers trailed early as Saints QB Drew Brees completed a 15-yard TD pass to WR Marques Colston and a 52-yard TD pass to WR Devery Henderson. In the second quarter, kicker John Carney helped New Orleans improve its lead with a 46-yard field goal. Buccaneers would valiantly fight back, as QB Bruce Gradkowski completed a 44-yard TD pass and a 17-yard TD pass to WR Joey Galloway, but that would be as close as they would get.
In the third quarter, Saints pulled away with RB Deuce McAllister completing a 3-yard TD run and Bree completing a 45-yard TD pass to Henderson. With a scoreless second half, the Buccaneers would fall to 2–6.
- REFEREE: Bill Leavy
- UMPIRE: Richard Hall
- HEAD LINESMAN: Gary Slaughter
- LINE JUDGE: Darryll Lewis
- SIDE JUDGE: Mike Weatherford
- BACK JUDGE: Kirk Dornan
- FIELD JUDGE: Rob Vernatchi
- REPLAY OFFICAL: Jim Lapetina
- VIDEO OPERATOR: NOT DOCUMENTED
- SAINTS: 8:11-1Q Colston 15 pass from Brees (Carney kick)
- SAINTS: 5:35-2Q Henderson 52 pass from Brees (Carney kick)
- SAINTS: 14:12-2Q Carney FG46
- BUCCANEERS: 3:01-2Q Galloway 44 pass from Gradkowski (Bryant kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 0:07-2Q Galloway 17 pass from Gradkowski (Bryant kick)
- SAINTS: 5:59-3Q McAllister 3 run (Carney kick)
- SAINTS: 0:33-3Q Henderson 45 pass from Brees (Carney kick)
- WR: #80 M. Clayton
- LT: #69 A. Davis
- LG: #79 S. Mahan
- C: #76 J. Wade
- RG: #75 D. Joseph
- RT: #65 J. Trueblood
- TE: #88 A. Beckt
- TE: #81 A. Smith
- QB: #07 B. Gradkowski
- RB: #24 C. Williams
- FB: #40 M. Alstott
- DE: #94 G. Spires
- DT: #95 C. Hovan
- DT: #96 E. Wyms
- DE: #97 S. Rice
- MLB: #53 S. Quarles
- OLB: #55 D. Brooks
- LCB: #21 J. Bolden
- RCB: #20 R. Barber
- CB: #27 T. Cox
- SS: #23 J. Phillips
- FS: #26 W. Allen
- 3 Bryant, 9 Bidwell, 19 Hilliard, 31 Buchanon, 32 Pittman, 34 Graham, 39 Pearson, 46 Adams, 50 Winborn, 51 Ruud, 52 Cash, 54 Mallard, 56 Nece, 71 Haye, 74 Green, 82 Warren, 83 Moore, 84 Galloway, 86 Jolley, 90 White, 98 Bradley
DID NOT PLAY
- 13 Rattay, 72 Buenning
- 12 McCown, 29 Zemaitis, 33 Sowell, 70 Penn, 77 Terry, 85 Stovall, 89 Jones, 91 Jenkins
- BUCCANEERS: Williams 12-39, Gradkowski 2-12, Graham 2-12, Pittman 1-3, Clayton 1-2.
- SAINTS: McAllister 15-32, Brees 6-9, Copper 1-8, Karney 2-5, Bush 11-(-5).
- BUCCANEERS: Gradkowski 31-18-185-0-2.
- SAINTS: Brees 32-24-324-0-3.
- BUCCANEERS: Pittman 6-27, Galloway 4-97, Clayton 4-38, Smith 2-8, Hilliard 1-10, Williams 1-5.
- SAINTS: Colston 11-123, Bush 4-22, Henderson 3-111, Campbell 2-16, McAllister 2-12, Miller 1-19, Copper 1-11.
- BUCCANEERS: none
- SAINTS: none
- BUCCANEERS: Pittman 3-72, Cox 1-17.
- SAINTS: Lewis 2-33, Lake 1-8.
- BUCCANEERS: Hilliard 3-12.
- SAINTS: Lewis 4-34, Bush 2-20.
- BUCCANEERS: none
- SAINTS: Smith 2-10, Grant 1-14, Young 1-3.