WON - Tampa Bay Buccaneers 14 New Orleans Saints 07
The Buccaneers took on division foe New Orleans, and beat them for the first time since December 2001. The Tampa Bay defense sacked Aaron Brooks seven times and forced three fumbles, meanwhile running back Deuce McAllister was held to just 88 yards.
Buccaneers offense performed great, with Brad Johnson throwing two touchdown passes. The second of which was to tight end Warren Sapp, his second touchdown reception of his career. After losing the ball in the lights, he grabbed it and was able to pull it in as he fell to the turf.
The Saints were in the game until the waning seconds of the first half. With 1:49 to go in the second quarter, Joe Horn dropped a sure touchdown pass in the end zone. On the next play, Aaron Brooks was sacked and fumbled. Jermaine Phillips recovered the fumble, and returned it 20 yards. Tampa Bay took a 14–7 lead into halftime, and neither team scored again.
A couple days after the game, general manager Rich McKay was released by the team, allowed to pursue work elsewhere.
- REFEREE: Bill Leavy
- UMPIRE: Carl Madsen
- HEAD LINESMAN: Gary Slaughter
- LINE JUDGE: Charles Stewart
- SIDE JUDGE: Don carlsen
- BACK JUDGE: Phil Luckett
- FIELD JUDGE: Gary Cavaletto
- REPLAY OFFICAL: Bill McCabe
- VIDEO OPERATOR: Donald Langeloh
- SAINTS: 1:39-1Q Williams 31 pass from Brooks (Carney kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 1:25-2Q Dilger 14 pass from BJohnson (Gramatica kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 0:12-2Q Sapp 1 pass from BJohnson (Gramatica kick)
- WR: #82 C. Lee
- LT: #72 R. Oben
- LG: #71 K. Jenkins
- C: #76 J. Wade
- RG: #60 C. Coleman
- RT: #67 K. Walker
- TE: #85 K. Dilger
- WR: #87 K. McCardell
- QB: #14 B. Johnson
- RB: #22 T. Jones
- FB: #43 J. Cook
- LE: #94 G. Spires
- LT: #99 W. Sapp
- NT: #92 A. McFarland
- RE: #97 S. Rice
- SLB: #56 R. Nece
- MLB: #53 S. Quarles
- WLB: #55 D. Brooks
- LCB: #20 R. Barber
- RCB: #47 J. Lynch
- SS: #23 J. Phillips
- FS: #26 D. Smith
- 3 Shepherd, 7 Gramatica, 9 Tupa, 21 Frost, 27 Stecker, 28 Whitaker, 30 Barnes, 32 Pittman, 34 Gibson, 35 Ivy, 52 Webster, 57 Rudd, 65 Whittle, 66 Benjamin, 80 Yoder, 84 Barlow, 86 K Williams, 88 Dudley, 90 White, 91 Darby, 96 Wyms
DID NOT PLAY
- 10 King, 74 Green
- 2 Simms, 13 Minnis, 19 Johnson, 28 Robinson, 62 King, 79 Mahan, 81 R Williams, 89 Heller
- BUCCANEERS: Jones 20-89, Pittman 6-13, Lee 1-8, B.Johnson 2-(-3).
- SAINTS: McAllister 22-69, L.Smith 1-17, Brooks 1-4.
- BUCCANEERS: B.Johnson 34-20-213-1-2.
- SAINTS: Brooks 30-20-238-0-1.
- BUCCANEERS: McCardell 6-85, Lee 5-52, Pittman 3-29, Dilger 2-26, Jones 2-14, Dudley 1-6, Sapp 1-1.
- SAINTS: Horn 9-118, Williams 4-59, McAllister 3-19, Rasby 2-31, Pathon 1-8, T.Smith 1-3.
- BUCCANEERS: none
- SAINTS: Ruff 1-7.
- BUCCANEERS: Barlow 1-20, Jones 1-14.
- SAINTS: Lewis 3-86.
- BUCCANEERS: Barlow 2-5.
- SAINTS: Lewis 4-57.
- BUCCANEERS: Rice 3-14, McFarland 1-11, Spires 1-0, Brooks 1-0.
- SAINTS: Smith 1-6.