WON - Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 Washington Redskins 16
Tampa Bay faced Washington, on a cold, rainy afternoon. The wet conditions saw Redskins kicker Graham Gano miss two field goals early. One hit the upright, and the second sailed wide left. Despite Ryan Torain already having rushed for 133 yards to that point, the score still remained 0–0.
On the Buccaneers next possession, LeGarrette Blount fumbled away the ball, which led to a Washington score. Donovan McNabb completed a touchdown pass to Logan Paulsen, and the Redskins took the lead 7–0. On the next play, Josh Freeman completed a 64-yard pass to Arrelious Benn, which led to a field goal, and the game went to halftime with Washington leading 10–3.
Connor Barth scored field goals on Tampa Bay's first two possessions of the second half. At the end of the third quarter, Washington clung to a 10–9 lead.
In the fourth quarter, Freeman drove the Buccaneers 79 yards to the Washington 1-yard line. After a 43-yard pass to Benn, which gave them 1st & Goal at the 1-yard line, Freeman fumbled away the ball and Washington recovered. However, Washington failed to score on their next two drives. With less than 4 minutes left, Tampa Bay took the lead 17–10 when Freeman threw a touchdown pass to Kellen Winslow II, then rushed in himself for the two-point conversion.
In the final minutes, Donovan McNabb drove the Redskins 75 yards for a potential game-tying score. McNabb threw a touchdown pass to Santana Moss with 9 seconds left in regulation. On the extra point try, the snap sailed over the head of holder Hunter Smith, and the attempt failed, giving the Buccaneers the victory by a score of 17–16.
- REFEREE: Peter Morelli
- UMPIRE: Ruben Fowler
- HEAD LINESMAN: George Hayward
- LINE JUDGE: John Hussey
- SIDE JUDGE: Don Carlsen
- REDSKINS: 04:51-2Q Paulsen 1 pass from McNabb (Gano kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 02:22-2Q Barth FG25
- REDSKINS: 00:10-2Q Gano FG25
- BUCCANEERS: 11:48-3Q Barth FG44
- BUCCANEERS: 04:11-3Q Barth FG35
- BUCCANEERS: 03:47-4Q Winslow 41 pass from Freeman (Freeman run)
- REDSKINS: 00:09-4Q Moss 6 pass from McNabb (kick failed)
- WR: #19 M. Williams
- LT: #70 D. Penn
- LG: #62 T. Larsen
- C: #76 J. Zuttah
- RG: #73 D. Hardman
- RT: #77 J. Lee
- TE: #82 K. Winslow
- WR: #17 A. Benn
- QB: #05 J. Freeman
- RB: #27 L. Blount
- FB: #34 E. Graham
- LE: #96 T. Crowder
- DT: #93 G. McCoy
- DT: #90 R. Miller
- RE: #91 S. White
- SLB: #58 Q. Black
- MLB: #51 B. Ruud
- WLB: #54 G. Hayes
- LCB: #31 E. Biggers
- RCB: #20 R. Barber
- SS: #26 S. Jones
- CB: #41 C. Lynch
- 1 Malone, 10 Barth, 11 J Johnson, 18 Stroughter, 23 Lewis, 24 Williams, 28 Lumpkin, 33 Mack, 37 Anderson, 48 Economos, 53 Koutouvides, 56 Watson, 57 Hayward, 65 Trueblood, 71 Bennett, 80 Purvis, 81 Spurlock, 85 Stovall, 87 Parker, 88 Gilmore, 95 Woods, 97 Magee
DID NOT PLAY
- 59 Raiola
- 12 Carpenter, 22 Asante, 29 Johnson, 44 Lorig, 60 Carter, 61 Barker, 78 Okam, 89 Briscoe
- BUCCANEERS: Blount 15-68, Benn 1-17, Freeman 6-10, Williams 3-6, Graham 1-2.
- REDSKINS: Torain 24-172, Williams 4-16.
- BUCCANEERS: Freeman 25-15-266-0-1.
- REDSKINS: McNabb 35-22-228-0-2.
- BUCCANEERS: Benn 4-122, C.Williams 4-34, Winslow 2-52, Gilmore 2-27, M.Williams 1-15, Stroughter 1-11, Graham 1-5.
- REDSKINS: Moss 7-82, Armstrong 4-30, Williams 3-60, Sellers 2-28, Cooley 2-22, Torain 2-10, Paulsen 1-1, Davis 1-(-5).
- BUCCANEERS: none.
- REDSKINS: none.
- BUCCANEERS: Spurlock 2-39, Parker 1-4.
- REDSKINS: Banks 2-44, Sellers 2-28, Wilson 1-0.
- BUCCANEERS: Spurlock 2-19, Parker 0-0.
- REDSKINS: Banks 3-19.
- BUCCANEERS: Black 1-12, Hayes 1-5.
- REDSKINS: Daniels 1-4.