WON - Tampa Bay Buccaneers 20 Washington Redskins 17
Hoping to rebound from their three-game losing streak, the Buccaneers came home for rematch of last year's NFC Wildcard match-up with the Washington Redskins.
In the first quarter, the Buccaneers drew first blood with kicker Matt Bryant nailing a 26-yard field goal, while Redskins kicker Nick Novak got a 45-yard field goal.
After a scoreless second quarter, Washington took the lead in the third quarter with QB Jason Campbell completed a 3-yard TD pass to TE Chris Cooley. Tampa Bay would respond with QB Bruce Gradkowski completed a 2-yard TD pass to TE Anthony Becht. In the fourth quarter, the Bucs managed to wrap-up the game with Gradkowski completing a 34-yard TD pass to WR Joey Galloway, while Bryant kicked a 31-yard field goal.
Even though the Redskins would get a 4-yard TD pass from Campbell to TE Todd Yoder, the Bucs held on to win and advance to 3–7.
- REFEREE: Peter Morelli
- UMPIRE: Darrell Jenkins
- HEAD LINESMAN: George Hayward
- LINE JUDGE: Charles Stewart
- SIDE JUDGE: Jeff Lamberth
- BUCCANEERS: 03:50-1Q Bryant FG26
- REDSKINS: 01:01-1Q Novak FG45
- REDSKINS: 09:34-3Q Cooley 3 pass from Campbell (Novak kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 00:58-3Q Becht 2 pass from Gradkowski (Bryant kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 09:35-4Q Galloway 34 pass from Gradkowski (Bryant kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 03:50-4Q Bryant FG31
- REDSKINS: 00:32-4Q Yoder 4 pass from Campbell (Novak kick)
- WR: #11 D. Jackson
- LT: #76 D. Smith
- LG: #62 E. Smith
- C: #74 A. Marpet
- RG: #73 J. Sweezy
- RT: #69 D. Dotson
- WR: #13 M. Evans
- TE: #80 O. Howard
- QB: #03 J. Winston
- RB: #32 J. Rodgers
- FB: #45 A. Cross
- DE: #91 R. Ayers Jr.
- DT: #93 G. McCoy
- DT: #98 C. McDonald
- RE: #92 W. Gholston
- DE: #53 A. Glanton
- SLB: #51 K. Beckwith
- MLB: #54 L. David
- WLB: #28 V. Hargreaves III
- CB: #29 R. Smith
- S: #23 C. Conte
- S: #37 K. Tandy
- 3 Bryant, 9 Bidwell, 19 Hilliard, 31 Buchanon, 32 Pittman, 33 Sowell, 34 Graham, 39 Pearson, 46 Adams, 50 Winborn, 52 Cash, 54 Mallard, 56 Nece, 71 Haye, 74 Green, 79 Mahan, 80 Clayton , 83 Moore, 85 Stovall, 86 Jolley, 91 Jenkins, 93 Bennett
DID NOT PLAY
- 13 Rattay
- 12 McCown, 29 Zemaitis, 53 Quarles, 70 Penn, 77 Terry, 82 Warren, 96 Wyms, 97 Rice
- BUCCANEERS: Williams 27-122, Alstott 6-28, Pittman 2-17, Gradkowski 6-9, Clayton 1-5.
- REDSKINS: Duckett 5-26, Betts 7-18, Campbell 5-11, Sellers 2-6, Randle-El 1-3.
- BUCCANEERS: Gradkowski 21-14-178-1-2.
- REDSKINS: Campbell 34-19-196-0-2.
- BUCCANEERS: Galloway 4-64, Williams 2-34, Pittman 2-31, Becht 2-9, Clayton 1-14, Hilliard 1-12, Alstott 1-8, Sowell 1-6.
- REDSKINS: Cooley 5-58, Betts 5-48, Thrash 4-46, Lloyd 2-24, Randle-El 1-14, Yoder 1-4, Sellers 1-2.
- BUCCANEERS: none.
- REDSKINS: Springs 1-4.
- BUCCANEERS: Pittman 3-51.
- REDSKINS: Cartwright 3-65.
- BUCCANEERS: Hilliard 2-13, Buchanon 1-7.
- REDSKINS: Randle-El 1-(-2).
- BUCCANEERS: White 1-3.
- REDSKINS: none.