LOSS - Tampa Bay Buccaneers 32 Los Angeles Rams 37
With Los Angeles leading 37–32 at two minute warning, the game was suspended for an hour and ten minutes due to lightning in the area. When the game resumed, the Rams faced 3rd & 11 at their own 5 yard line. Case Keenum threw an incompletion, and the Rams punted to Tampa Bay.
Jameis Winston had a solid game as he passed for over 400 yards and three scores, both Mike Evans and Adam Humphries pulled in a 100-yqrd passing game, however, in the final clicks of the clock Winston drove the Buccaneers to the Rams 15 yard line. With 4 seconds left in regulation, Winston rolled out to his left, but with no receivers open, scrambled 10 yards downfield, and was tackled at the 5 yard line to end the game.
The disappointing opener loss was weighted much towards the two missed fildgoals of Roberto Aguayo, fans were clearly stressed as they left the stadium chanting the Buccaneers would do better with one of the Florida college kickers.
- REFEREE: Ed Hochuli
- UMPIRE: Clay Martin
- HEAD LINESMAN: Greg Bradley
- LINE JUDGE: Rusty Baynes
- BACK JUDGE: Scott Helverson
- FIELD JUDGE: Dale Shaw
- SIDE JUDGE: Alex Kemp
- REPLAY OFFICIAL: Tom Sifferman
- VIDEO OPERATOR: NOT DOCUMENTED
- RAMS: 11:58-1Q Quick 44 pass from Keenum (Zuerlein kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 8:45-1Q Alexander 38 interception return (kick failed)
- RAMS: 2:26-1Q Zuerlein FG53
- BUCCANEERS: 12:23-2Q Sims 1 run (Aguayo kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 6:03-2Q Brate 3 pass from Winston (Aguayo kick)
- RAMS: 0:22-2Q Gurley 1 run (Zuerlein kick)
- RAMS: 0:48-3Q Gurley 1 run (Zuerlein kick)
- RAMS: 11:39-4Q Westbrooks 77 fumble return (Zuerlein kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 8:55-4Q Brate 1 pass from Winston (pass failed)
- RAMS: 4:38-4Q Austin 43 pass from Keenum (run failed)
- BUCCANEERS: 2:15-4Q Evans 7 pass from Winston (pass failed)
- WR: #83 V. Jackson
- TE: #82 B. Myers
- LT: #76 D. Smith
- LG: #64 K. Pamphile
- C: #68 J. Hawley
- RG: #74 A. Marpet
- RT: #69 D. Dotson
- WR: #13 M. Evans
- TE: #84 C. Brate
- QB: #03 J. Winston
- RB: #34 C. Sims
- DE: #75 D. Lambert
- DT: #93 G. McCoy
- DT: #98 C. McDonald
- DE: #92 W. Gholston
- MLB: #58 K. Alexander
- WLB: #54 L. David
- SLB: #51 Da Smith
- CB: #28 V. Hargreaves
- CB: #24 B. Grimes
- S: #23 C. Conte
- CB: #30 B. McDougald
- 9 Anger, 11 Humphries, 16 Martino, 19 Aguayo, 21 Vermer, 26 Robinson, 27 Banks, 29 R Smith, 32 Rodgers, 37 Tandy, 38 Adjei-Barimeh, 43 Barber, 45 Cross, 48 DePaola, 50 Keyes, 53 Glanton, 57 Spence, 62 E Smith, 71 Ward, 78 Cherilus, 89 Shepard, 95 Jones, 97 Spence
DID NOT PLAY
- 8 Glennon
- 4 Griffin, 10 Shorts, 22 Martin, 66 Wester, 77 Benenoch, 88 Stocker, 91 Ayers
- BUCCANEERS: Sims 13-55, Rodgers 5-15, Wiinston 4-13.
- RAMS: Gurley 27-85, Cunningham 2-29, Austin 2-22, Keenum 2-1.
- BUCCANEERS: Winston 58-36-405-1-3.
- RAMS: Keenum 26-14-190-1-2.
- BUCCANEERS: Evans 10-132, Humphries 9-100, Sims 6-69, Brate 5-46, Jackson 3-37, Rodgers 1-8, Myers 1-7, Shepard 1-6.
- RAMS: Austin 5-82, Britt 4-38, Quick 2-53, Marquez 1-12, Cunningham 1-10, Gurley 1-(-5).
- BUCCANEERS: Alexander 1-38.
- RAMS: Barron 1-7.
- BUCCANEERS: none
- RAMS: Cunningham 1-44, Austin 1-5.
- BUCCANEERS: Humphries 2-26.
- RAMS: Austin 2-12.
- BUCCANEERS: David 1-7.
- RAMS: Quinn 1-10, McDonald 1-6.