LOSS - Tampa Bay Buccaneers 23 St. Louis Rams 31
The Buccaneers endured the scurvy with a rash of penalties and big-plays given up via defensive turnovers.
Rams Case Keenum threw for 234 yards and two touchdowns for St. Louis on Thursday Night Football. The Rams jumped out to a 28-6 lead after three quarters.
Buccaneers Jameis Winston rallied Tampa Bay with a career high 363 yards passing, and threw two touchdown passes to trim the deficit to 31-23 with 1:34 left in regulation. An onside kick attempt failed, and the Rams ran out the clock to secure the victory.
The loss ended the Buccaneers slim chance of a wild-card placement and was our third consecutive loss on a prime-time Thursday night televised game.
It was the final home game for the Rams in St. Louis, as the team is relocating back to Los Angeles for the 2016 season.
- REFEREE: Jerome Boger
- UMPIRE: Richard Hall
- HEAD LINESMAN: John McGrath
- LINE JUDGE: Jeff Seeman
- BACK JUDGE: Tony Steratore
- FIELD JUDGE: David Meslow
- SIDE JUDGE: Walt Coleman IV
- REPLAY OFFICIAL: Carl Madsen
- VIDEO OPERATOR: NOT DOCUMENTED
- RAMS: 11:54-1Q Austin 17 pass from Keenum (Zuerlein kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 4:52-1Q Barth FG53
- RAMS: 3:15-1Q Britt 60 pass from Keenum (Zuerlein kick)
- RAMS: 2:09-2Q Gurley 3 run (Zuerlein kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 9:16-3Q Barth FG32
- RAMS: 5:35-3Q Austin 21 run (Zuerlein kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 13:05-4Q Stocker 3 pass from Winston (Barth kick)
- RAMS: 10:39-4Q Zuerlein FG19
- BUCCANEERS: 7:31-4Q Barth FG24
- BUCCANEERS: 1:34-4Q Seferian-Jenkins 9 pass from Winston (Barth kick)
- WR: #17 D. Dye
- LT: #76 D. Smith
- LG: #70 L. Mankins
- C: #68 J. Hawley
- RG: #74 A. Marpet
- RT: #78 G. Cherilus
- TE: #88 L. Stocker
- WR: #13 M. Evans
- QB: #03 J. Winston
- RB: #22 D. Martin
- TE: #84 C. Brate
- DE: #92 W. Gholston
- DT: #93 G. McCoy
- DT: #77 T. McDaniel
- DE: #56 J. Smith
- SLB: #45 O. Lemon
- MLB: #51 D. Lansanah
- WLB: #54 L. David
- CB: #26 S. Moore
- CB: #38 J. Adjei-Barimah
- SS: #23 C. Conte
- FS: #31 M. Wright
- 5 Schum, 10 Barth, 11 Humphries, 21 Verner, 24 Jenkins, 27 Banks, 30 McDougald, 34 Sims, 37 Tandy, 43 Rainey, 46 Lane, 48 DePaola, 52 George, 53 Glanton, 57 Keyes, 59 Brown, 62 Smith, 64 Pamphile, 87 Seferian-Jenkins, 89 Shepard, 90 Melton, 91 Bowers, 95 Jones
DID NOT PLAY
- 8 Glennon
- 4 Griffin, 50 Carter, 69 Dotson, 82 Myers, 83 Jackson, 94 Johnson, 97 Spence
- BUCCANEERS: Martin 18-91, Sims 7-50, Winston 2-5.
- RAMS: Gurley 21-48, Austin 4-32, Mason 3-13, Cunningham 2-8, Keenum 3-(-3).
- BUCCANEERS: Winston 50-29-363-1-2
- RAMS: Keenum 17-14-234-0-2.
- BUCCANEERS: Evans 9-157, Humphries 6-60, Seferian-Jenkins 3-29, Stocker 3-25, Sims 3-22, Brate 3-20, Dye 1-44, Martin 1-6.
- RAMS: Cook 4-64, Austin 3-41, Kendricks 3-27, Britt 2-71, Gurley 2-31.
- BUCCANEERS: none
- RAMS: Johnson 1-9.
- BUCCANEERS: Rainey 2-38.
- RAMS: Cunningham 4-188, Reynolds 1-0.
- BUCCANEERS: Rainey 0-0.
- RAMS: Austin 0-0.
- BUCCANEERS: Smith 1-1, McCoy 0.5-6, Jones 0.5-6.
- RAMS: none