WON - Tampa Bay Buccaneers 38 St. Louis Rams 35
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
Rated by BuccaneersFan.com one of the top10 most exciting regular season games in Buccaneers history.
The Buccaneers hosted the St. Louis Rams in one of the most memorable Monday Night Football games in history. It was a rematch of the previous season's NFC Championship (which was won by the Rams).
With 5:18 to go, Kurt Warner connected with a 72-yard touchdown pass to Torry Holt to take a 35–31 lead.
Tampa Bay, with no timeouts remaining, started their next drive at their own 20-yard line, with a playoff berth on the line for both teams. Quarterback Shaun King led the team on a remarkable 80-yard drive to win 38–35. The drive included a swing pass play from King to Warrick Dunn, which lost 14 yards, but Dunn pitched the ball backwards back to King, who scrambled 29 yards for a first down.
The win secured, at minimum, a wild card playoff spot for Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- REFEREE: Johnny Grier
- UMPIRE: Brian Balliet
- HEAD LINESMAN: James Wilson
- LINE JUDGE: Jeff Bergman
- BACK JUDGE: Billy Schmitz
- FIELD JUDGE: Duke Carroll
- SIDE JUDGE: Dean Look
- REPLAY OFFICIAL: Darryl Lewis
- VIDEO OPERATOR: Jim Pearson
- BUCCANEERS: 13:08-1Q Gramatica FG35
- RAMS: 6:25-2Q Faulk 2 run (Wilkins kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 0:52-1Q Dunn 2 run (Gramatica kick)
- RAMS: 11:00-2Q Faulk 16 run (Wilkins kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 4:12-2Q Johnson 8 pass from King (Gramatica kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 1:11-2Q Johnson 17 pass from King (Gramatica kick)
- RAMS: 0:21-2Q Faulk 27 run (Wilkins kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 0:00-3Q Dunn 52 run (Gramatica kick)
- RAMS: 10:55-4Q Faulk 9 run (Wilkins kick)
- RAMS: 5:18-4Q Holt 72 pass from Warner (Wilkins kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 0:48-4Q Dunn 1 run (Gramatica kick)
- WR: #81 J. Green
- LT: #79 G. Hegamin
- LG: #64 R. McDaniel
- C: #62 J. Christy
- RG: #73 F. Middleton
- RT: #71 J. Wunsch
- TE: #83 D. Moore
- WR: #19 K. Johnson
- QB: #10 S. King
- RB: #28 W. Dunn
- FB: #40 M. Alstott
- LE: #72 C. Ahanotu
- NT: #92 A. McFarland
- DT: #99 W. Sapp
- RE: #78 M. Jones
- SLB: #53 S. Quarles
- MLB: #59 J. Duncan
- WLB: #55 D. Brooks
- LCB: #21 D. Abraham
- RCB: #20 R. Barber
- SS: #47 J. Lynch
- FS: #24 D. Robinson
- 3 Royals, 7 Gramatica, 25 Kelly, 27 Abdullah, 31 Young, 33 Vance, 34 Jackson, 46 Gibson, 48 Kirby, 50 Gooch, 52 Webster, 58 Davis, 68 Unutoa, 75 Washington, 80 Yoder, 82 Hape, 85 Anthony, 86 Williams, 94 White, 97 Jackson, 98 Cannida
DID NOT PLAY
- 15 Zeier, 76 Curry
- 14 Hamilton, 22 Stecker, 51 Singleton, 60 Coleman, 65 Dogins, 69 Pierson, 87 Murphy, 95 McLaughlin
- BUCCANEERS: Dunn 22-145, King 7-58, Alstott 3-2.
- RAMS: Faulk 22-79, Bruce 1-11.
- BUCCANEERS: King 38-18-256-2-2.
- RAMS: Warner 32-20-316-3-2.
- BUCCANEERS: Johnson 7-116, Dunn 5-53, Green 4-55, Anthony 1-22, Moore 1-10.
- RAMS: Holt 9-165, Faulk 4-53, Bruce 3-36, Proehl 2-50, Williams 1-8, Hakim 1-4.
- BUCCANEERS: Barber 1-9, Lynch 1-2, Robinson 1-0.
- RAMS: McCleon 2-0.
- BUCCANEERS: Williams 6-146.
- RAMS: Blevins 4-73, Faulk 1-18, Moran 1-17.
- BUCCANEERS: Wiliams 1-6.
- RAMS: Hakim 1-8.
- BUCCANEERS: Sapp 2-18.
- RAMS: Bush 1-9, Carter 1-6.