WON - Tampa Bay Buccaneers 24 Los Angeles Rams 14
Running Back #32 E. Rhett, celebrating his 24th birthday, had another 100-yard game (119 on 31 carries); the offensive line continued to be a threat with solid running & pass-blocking. The Buccaneers rejuvenated defense shut down the Rams ground game (63 yards).
Buccaneers WR C. Wilson replaced injured starter C. Hawkins after straining a knee ligament on a first-quarter punt return, Wilson responded with four catches for 176 yards, including the Buccaneers first and last touchdowns on receptions of 71 and 44 yards.
The Buccaneers were officially eliminated from the NFL playoffs, but the Buccaneers accomplished all of the following against the Rams: Its first three-game winning streak since beating Buffalo, Detroit and Chicago, all at home, to qualify for the playoffs at the close of the strike-abbreviated 1982 season.
At 5-9, the Bucs equaled Sam Wyche's win total in each of his two previous seasons with Tampa Bay, claiming back-to-back home wins for the first time since Wyche's opening two games in 1992.
- REFEREE: Ed Hochuli
- UMPIRE: Neil Gereb
- HEAD LINESMAN: George Hayward
- LINE JUDGE: Bama Glass
- BACK JUDGE: Jim Poole
- FIELD JUDGE: Ron Spitler
- SIDE JUDGE: Mike Carey
- REPLAY OFFICIAL: NOT DOCUMENTED
- BUCCANEERS: 11:13-2Q Husted FG20
- BUCCANEERS: 9:04-2Q Wilson 71 pass from Erickson (Husted kick)
- RAMS: 4:52-2Q Drayton 22 pass rom Chandler (Zendejas kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 0:50-2Q Rhett 8 run (Husted kick)
- RAMS: 12:42-4Q Hester 12 pass from Chandler (Zendejas kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 1:34-4Q Wilson 44 pass from Erickson (Husted kick)
- WR: #85 C. Hawkins
- LT: #74 P. Gruber
- LG: #70 C. McRae
- C: #61 T. Mayberry
- RG: #62 I. Beckles
- RT: #76 S. Dill
- TE: #86 T. Armstrong
- WR: #80 L. Dawsey
- QB: #07 C. Erickson
- RB: #32 E. Rhett
- TE: #83 D. Moore
- LE: #72 C. Ahanotu
- NT: #77 M. Wheeler
- UT: #73 B. Culpepper
- RE: #75 E. Curry
- LLB: #55 L. Marts
- MLB: #56 H. Nickerson
- RLB: #27 B. Bussey
- LCB: #35 M. Mayhew
- RCB: #39 C. Dimry
- SS: #23 M. Carter
- FS: #22 T. Everett
- 4 Stryzinski, 5 Husted, 21 McGruder, 25 Covington, 26 Green, 28 Buckley, 31 Royster, 33 McDowell, 46 Workman, 47 Lynch, 53 E Brady, 57 J Brady, 67 Sullivan, 71 Dotson, 84 C Wilson, 87 Thomas, 88 Copeland, 89 Bishop, 91 K Wilson, 93 DuBose, 94 McIntosh
DID NOT PLAY
- 12 Dilfer, 60 Pyne
- 11 Weldon, 30 Turner, 43 Harris, 69 Pierson, 79 Love, 90 Jones, 92 Price, 95 Powe
- BUCCANEERS: Rhett 31-119, Workman 1-5, Erickson 2-4, Royster 1-(-3).
- RAMS: Bettis 13-23, Chandler 5-13, Lester 5-12, Griffith 2-9, Bailey 1-6.
- BUCCANEERS: Erickson 22-10-231-0-2.
- RAMS: Chandler 34-18-199-0-2.
- BUCCANEERS: Wilson 4-176, Dawsey 2-21, Copeland 1-18, Workman 1-7, Thomas 1-5, Rhett 1-4.
- RAMS: Hester 6-82, Drayton 3-40, Anderson 3-36, Kinchen 3-19, Bettis 2-16, Bailey 1-6.
- BUCCANEERS: none
- RAMS: none
- BUCCANEERS: Wilson 2-48, Buckley 1-19.
- RAMS: Lang 3-104.
- BUCCANEERS: Everett 2-2.
- RAMS: Hawkins 1-9.
- BUCCANEERS: Dotson 1-1.
- RAMS: Jones 1-1.