LOSS - Tampa Bay Buccaneers 20 Los Angeles Rams 26
Eric Dickerson earned his fourth career 200-yard rushing game with a 42-yard touchdown run to win the game in overtime for the Los Angeles Rams.
Steve Young led an 80-yard drive in the fourth quarter that ended in a Donald Igwebuike field goal and sent the game into overtime, but the Buccaneers were unable to stop Dickerson all day.
It was the second consecutive overtime loss for the Buccaneers. Nathan Wonsley rushed 18 times for 108 yards and a 59-yard touchdown run. Young also ran for a touchdown. Bennett was again criticized after the game for conservative play-calling, although the Buccaneers' total of 174 rushing yards was more than double the average the Rams had allowed in their previous four games.
The game left Wonsley as the NFL leader in rushing average, with 5.7 yards per carry. Dickerson continued to lead the NFL in rushing with 657 yards, 159 ahead of his record-setting pace from 1984.
- REFEREE: Pat Haggerty
- UMPIRE: Hendi Ancich
- HEAD LINESMAN: Frank Glover
- LINE JUDGE: Howard Boe
- BACK JUDGE: Jim Poole
- FIELD JUDGE: Don Habal
- SIDE JUDGE: Dick Creed
- RAMS: 8:04-1Q Redden 1 run (Lansford kick)
- RAMS: 4:24-1Q Dickerson 40 run (Lansford kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 9:43-2Q Young 4 run (Igwebuike kick)
- RAMS: 4:56-2Q Lansford FG34
- BUCCANEERS: 1:51-2Q Igwebuike FG26
- BUCCANEERS: 5:42-3Q Wonsley 59 run (Igwebuike kick)
- RAMS: 9:41-4Q Lansford FG40
- BUCCANEERS: 0:00-4Q Igwebuike FG37
- RAMS: 12:44-OT Dickerson 42 run
- WR: #89 K. House
- LT: #74 M. Powell
- LG: #66 G. Yarno
- C: #60 R. Grimes
- RG: #62 S. Farrell
- RT: #73 R. Heller
- TE: #88 J. Giles
- WR: #87 G. Carter
- QB: #08 S. Young
- FB: #86 C. Magee
- RB: #32 J. Wilder
- LE: #78 J. Cannon
- NT: #76 D. Logan
- RE: #98 T. Keys
- LOLB: #57 K. Browner
- LILB: #58 J. Davis
- RILB: #52 S. Brantley
- ROLB: #51 C. Washington
- LCB: #26 R. Easmon
- RCB: #22 R. Jones
- SS: #41 C. Swoope
- FS: #44 I. Sully
- 1 Igwebuike, 5 Garcia, 17 DeBerg, 20 Springs, 21 McKeever, 31 Curry, 34 Boatner, 36 Futrell, 46 Wonsley, 54 Randle, 56 Walker, 59 Murphy, 67 Morgan, 68 Mallory, 71 Nelson, 72 Taylor, 77 Maarleveld, 80 Williams, 81 Freeman, 82 Bell
DID NOT PLAY
- 23 Castille, 84 Harris, 90 Holmes
- BUCCANEERS: Wonsley 18-108, Young 8-37, Wilder 10-29, Springs 1-0.
- RAMS: Dickerson 30-207, Redden 11-50, Guman 1-(-1), Brown 1-(-5).
- BUCCANEERS: Young 20-8-83-0-0.
- RAMS: Dils 22-11-118-0-0.
- BUCCANEERS: Carter 5-52, Freeman 1-15, Giles 1-8, Wonsley 1-8.
- RAMS: Brown 3-32, Dickerson 2-38, Duckworth 2-23, Redden 2-11, Young 1-10, Hill 1-(-4).
- BUCCANEERS: none
- RAMS: none
- BUCCANEERS: Freeman 5-120.
- RAMS: Brown 2-40, Guman 1-16, White 1-2, Love 1-(6).
- BUCCANEERS: Futrell 3-27.
- RAMS: Sutton 4-37, Johnson 0-0.
- BUCCANEERS: Browner 1-12.
- RAMS: Greene 2-12, Reed 1-9, Miller 1-2.