WON - Tampa Bay Buccaneers 42 Oakland Raiders 32
HISTORIC MARKER: Doug Martin became the only player in NFL history to have 250 rushing yards and four touchdowns in a single game. He also became the first player in NFL history to have rushing touchdowns of 70+, 65+, and 45+ yards in the same game. Martin's 251 rushing yards are tied for third-most by a rookie in NFL history.
Doug Martin rushed for 251 yards and four touchdowns. Martin's 251 yards rushing broke the franchise record previously held by James Wilder with 219 rushing yards in a single game. Martin's 251 rushing yards set a new franchise record. James Wilder had the previous record with a 219 rushing yard performance in 1983.
Martin had 272 total yards in the game including the 21 yards from receptions. . Adrian Peterson (296 yards in a 2007 game) and DeMarco Murray (253 yards in a game last year) are the only rookies to rush for more yards in a game than Martin. Martin's four rushing touchdowns was also a new franchise record.
Martin became the first player in NFL history with three rushing touchdowns of 45 or more rushing yards in a game. Doug Martin and Mike Anderson are the only players ever to rush for 250 yards and four touchdowns in a single game. Josh Freeman passed for 247 yards and two touchdowns. He is the third quarterback in franchise history to throw for a touchdown pass in each of the first eight games of the season. Brad Johnson in 2003 and Doug Williams in 1979 were the other two.
Tampa Bay's 515 yards from offense ranks second on the team's all-time list. The record is 573 in a 1980 game against Minnesota. LaVonte David set a Tampa Bay single-game rookie record with 16 tackles. Ahmad Black and E. J. Biggers both had an interception and a forced fumble in the game. Leonard Johnson had another interception, which was two consecutive games with interceptions. DaQuan Bowers and Michael Bennett each had a sack.
The Buccaneers added six tackles for a loss which remains best in the NFL. The Tampa Bay defense held the Raiders rushing offense to 22 total rushing yards. This was the fourth game of the season in which the Buccaneers scored more than 30 points in a single game (Giants 34, Chiefs 38, Vikings 36, and Raiders 42). The victory was the first time the Bucs defeated the Raiders in Oakland.
- REFEREE: Walt Anderson
- UMPIRE: Butch Hannah
- HEAD LINESMAN: Steve Stelljes
- LINE JUDGE: Buron Boston
- SIDE JUDGE: Michael Banks
- FIELD JUDGE: David Meslow
- BACK JUDGE: Billy Smith
- REPLAY OFFICIAL: Tom Sifferman
- CAMERA OPERATOR: not documented
- RAIDERS: 00:45-1Q Janikowski FG29
- BUCCANEERS: 12:54-2Q Jackson 20 pass from Freeman (Barth kick)
- RAIDERS: 01:20-2Q Streater 25 pass from Palmer (Janikowski kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 12:09-3Q Martin 45 run (Barth kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 07:12-3Q Williams 4 pass from Freeman (Barth kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 02:15-3Q Martin 67 run (Barth kick)
- RAIDERS: 14:11-4Q Myers 4 pass from Palmer (Janikowski kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 13:51-4Q Martin 70 run (Barth kick)
- RAIDERS: 09:48-4Q Myers 1 pass from Palmer (Janikowski kick)
- RAIDERS: 03:51-4Q Reece 13 pass from Palmer (Criner pass from Palmer)
- BUCCANEERS: 01:49-4Q Martin 1 run (Barth kick)
- WR: #86 V. Jackson
- LT: #70 D. Penn
- LG: #76 J. Zuttah
- C: #62 T. Larsen
- RG: #79 J. Meredith
- RT: #69 D. Dotson
- TE: #44 D. Clark
- WR: #19 M. Williams
- QB: #05 J. Freeman
- WR: #11 T. Underwood
- HR: #22 D. Martin
- LE: #71 M. Bennett
- DT: #93 G. McCoy
- DT: #90 R. Miller
- RE: #50 D. Te'o-Nesheim
- SLB: #58 Q. Black
- MLB: #59 M. Foster
- WLB: #54 L. David
- LCB: #31 E. Biggers
- RCB: #21 E. Wright
- SS: #24 M. Barron
- FS: #20 R. Barber
- 9 Koenen, 10 Barth, 12 Parrish, 17 Benn, 23 Lewis, 27 Blount, 28 Ware, 33 McDonald, 35 Grimm, 41 Lorig, 43 A Black, 48 Economos, 56 Watson, 57 Hayward, 58 Black, 65 Trueblood, 74 Wallace, 82 Byham, 88 Stocker, 91 Bowers, 95 Gibson, 96 Irvin, 98 Morgan
DID NOT PLAY
- 6 Orlovsky
- 34 Smith, 36 Gorrer, 37 Tandy, 51 Cutrera, 53 Goode, 73 Allen, 80 Owusu
- BUCCANEERS: Martin 25-251, Freeman 5-22, Blount 2-5.
- RAIDERS: McFadden 7-17, Palmer 1-3, Jones 1-2, Goodson 2-0.
- BUCCANEERS: Freeman 30-18-247-0-2.
- RAIDERS: Palmer 61-39-414-3-4, Lechler 1-1-4-0-0.
- BUCCANEERS: Williams 4-68, Martin 4-21, Jackson 2-84, Clark 2-22, Byham 2-15, Underwood 1-12, Ware 1-12, Lorig 1-11, Stocker 1-2.
- RAIDERS: Reece 8-95, Myers 8-59, Goodson 6-52, Heyward-Bey 5-74, Moore 4-66, Streater 4-54, McFadden 2-0, Gordon 1-8, Hagan 1-6, Jones 1-4.
- BUCCANEERS: A.Black 1-34, Johnson 1-3, Biggers 1-0.
- RAIDERS: none.
- BUCCANEERS: Benn 2-59, A.Black 1-3.
- RAIDERS: Goodson 1-22.
- BUCCANEERS: Parrish 3-46.
- RAIDERS: Adams 2-0.
- BUCCANEERS: Bowers 1-9, Bennett 1-7.
- RAIDERS: Carter 1-10.