LOSS - Tampa Bay Buccaneers 20 Los Angeles Raiders 27
A high tenson game with 25 yellow-flag penalties for 187 yards and two players being ejected from the game. The on-field violence spilled over into the crowd of 40,532 with fights breaking out. "That was not a football game," Wyche said "That was a fight that we played for four quarters."
Buccaneers linebacker Hardy Nickerson was ejected from the game, after shoving an official during a fight with Raiders tackle Gerald Perry. "The next thing I know I'm thrown out of the game," Nickerson said. "I don't remember shoving an official.". Raiders guard Max Montoya was ejected from the game for fighting also.
With twenty-yellow flags thrown, Wyche said there should've been more. "It was bizarre," Wyche said. "I've never seen a man have his helmet thrown 30 or 40 yards (as Bucs running back Mazio Royster did by the Raiders Nolan Harrison) and it's not called because the referee tells me it was after the play. I suppose after the whistle you've got a license as long as it's not an open wound."
The Buccaneers had several players injured during the game - guard Ian Beckles (knee), cornerback Martin Mayhew (hip) and safety Jerry Gray (groin). The Buccaneers defense held the Raiders to 17 yards rushing. They sacked quarterback Jeff Hostetler three times.
The loss gave the Buccaneers (4-10) its 11th straight season of double-digit defeats.
- REFEREE: Dick Hantak
- UMPIRE: Neil Gereb
- LINE JUDGE: Lloyd McPeters
- SIDE JUDGE: Nate Jones
- HEAD LINESMAN: Dale Williams
- BACK JUDGE: Scott Steenson
- FIELD JUDGE: John Robison
- RAIDERS: 05:20-1Q Wright 27 pass from Hostetler (Jaeger kick)
- RAIDERS: 03:51-1Q McCallum 5 run (Jaeger kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 11:42-2Q Cobb 5 run (Husted kick)
- RAIDERS: 02:32-2Q Jaeger FG50
- BUCCANEERS: 00:10-2Q Husted FG57
- RAIDERS: 11:11-4Q Jaeger FG33
- RAIDERS: 10:01-4Q Hostetler 1 run (Jaeger kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 07:15-4Q Cobb 2 run (Husted kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 01:35-4Q Husted FG31
- LE: #83 D. Moore
- LT: #74 P. Gruber
- LG: #66 B. Reimers
- C: #61 T. Mayberry
- RG: #62 I. Beckles
- RT: 76 S. Dill
- TE: #82 R. Hall
- WR: #28 C. Buckley
- QB: #07 C. Erickson
- FB: #46 V. Workman
- RB: #34 R. Cobb
- LE: #92 S. Price
- NT: #77 M. Wheeler
- UT: #71 S. Dotson
- RE: #98 R. Seals
- LLB: #54 J. Williams
- MLB: #56 H. Nickerson
- RLB: #27 B. Bussey
- LCB: #29 R. Reynolds
- RCB: #35 M. Mayhew
- SS: #23 M. Carter
- FS: #20 J. Gray
- 4 Stryzinski, 5 Husted, 21 Mack, 24 Jones, 33 Royster, 41 King, 43 Harris, 44 Anderson, 47 Lynch, 51 Thomas, 53 Brady, 55 Brownlow, 67 Sullivan, 70 McRae, 72 Taylor, 84 Wilson, 85 Hawkins, 87 Thomas, 88 Copeland, 90 Ahanotu, 93 DuBose, 96 Wilson
DID NOT PLAY
- 11 Weldon
- 13 Vlasic, 50 Burnette, 73 Adams, 75 Curry, 79 Love, 86 Armstrong,, 89 Collins, 91 Hall
- BUCCANEERS: Cobb 22-59, Erickson 2-20, Workman 3-16, Royster 3-6.
- RAIDERS: McCallum 6-16, Bell 7-14, Jordan 4-1, Hostetler 6-(-14).
- BUCCANEERS: Erickson 34-21-295-0-0.
- RAIDERS: Hostetler 30-19-260-0-0.
- BUCCANEERS: Workman 7-62, Copeland 5-74, Hawkins 3-94, Hall 2-25, Cobb 2-15, Wilson 1-19, Royster 1-6.
- RAIDERS: Wright 6-104, Brown 4-44, Horton 4-27, Ismail 3-49, Jett 1-23, Bell 1-13.
- BUCCANEERS: none.
- RAIDERS: none.
- BUCCANEERS: Royster 4-50, Wilson 1-13.
- RAIDERS: Ismail 1-0.
- BUCCANEERS: Hawkins 1-8.
- RAIDERS: Brown 0-0.
- BUCCANEERS: Dotson 1-7, Wheeler 1-5, Reynolds 1-0.
- RAIDERS: Townsend 1.5-8.5, Long 1.5-7, McGlockton 1-8, Smith 0.5-6, Harrison 0.5-0.5.