LOSS - Tampa Bay Buccaneers 16 Oakland Raiders 18
The Raiders entered the game having set a postwar NFL record of three consecutive games without scoring.
Breakdowns on Buccaneers special teams helped the Raiders to take a 15–0 halftime lead, and eventually to win the game.
The Buccaneers could not manage even a first down on offense until Doug Williams' 77-yard touchdown pass to Kevin House in the third quarter. They took the lead on a Jimmie Giles touchdown reception and a Bill Capece field goal.
After the Raiders answered with a Chris Bahr field goal, Tampa Bay drove to the Raider 14-yard line, where Ted Hendricks deflected Capece's potentially game-winning last-minute field goal attempt.
The loss dropped the Buccaneers out of their first-place tie with the Minnesota Vikings in the NFC Central.
- REFEREE: Tom Dooley
- UMPIRE: Dave Hamilton
- LINE JUDGE: Jim Osborne
- HEAD LINESMAN: Tony Veteri
- BACK JUDGE: Banks Williams
- SIDE JUDGE: Grover Klemmer
- RAIDERS: 11:57-1Q Bahr FG51
- RAIDERS: 10:17-1Q Safety - Christensen blocked punt through the endzone
- RAIDERS: 06:16-1Q Jensen 12 run (Bahr kick)
- RAIDERS: 00:00-2Q Bahr FG20
- BUCCANEERS: 07:31-3Q House 77 pass from Williams (Capece kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 10:16-4Q Giles 13 pass from Williams (kick failed)
- BUCCANEERS: 05:01-4Q Capece FG26
- RAIDERS: 02:21-4Q Bahr FG44
- WR: #83 T. Bell
- LT: #74 G. Sanders
- LG: #72 R. Snell
- C: #50 S. Wilson
- RG: #61 G. Roberts
- RT: #73 C. Hannah
- TE: #88 J. Giles
- WR: #89 K. House
- QB: #12 D. Williams
- FB: #32 J. Wilder
- TB: #43 J. Eckwood
- LE: #77 B. Kollar
- NT: #76 D. Logan
- RE: #63 L. Selmon
- LLB: #59 A. Hawkins
- ILB: #56 C. Johnson
- ILB: #54 R. Wood
- RLB: #53 H. Green
- LCB: #41 N. Thomas
- RCB: #40 M. Washington
- SS: #20 N. Colzie
- FS: #34 C. Brown
- 3 Capece, 9 Swider, 21 Holt, 26 Owens, 27 T Davis, 28 G Davis, 44 Cesare, 45 Mitchell, 51 Nafziger, 52 Brantley, 57 Lewis, 62 Leonard, 65 Stalls, 68 Yarno, 70 Hutchinson, 84 Jones, 86 Obradovich, 87 Carter, 90 White
DID NOT PLAY
- 10 Ford, 14 Fusina, 42 R Bell, 75 Reavis
- BUCCANEERS: Eckwood 9-14, Wilder 4-10, Owens 1-3, Williams 2-2.
- RAIDERS: King 17-87, Jensen 16-56, Whittington 8-32, Wilis 4-14, Wilson 6-5.
- BUCCANEERS: Williams 30-16-335-0-2.
- RAIDERS: Wilson 34-17-176-3-0.
- BUCCANEERS: House 4-178, Giles 4-76, Wilder 2-40, Jones 2-20, T.Bell 2-9, Eckwood 1-7, Owens 1-5.
- RAIDERS: Ramsey 6-49, King 3-32, Whittington 3-24, Bradshaw 2-31, Jensen 2-22, Branch 1-18.
- BUCCANEERS: Washington 2-58, Colzie 1-13.
- RAIDERS: none.
- BUCCANEERS: T.Davis 1-17, Owens 1-13, G.Davis 1-10.
- RAIDERS: Willis 4-102, Whittington 1-21.
- BUCCANEERS: T.Bell 4-27.
- RAIDERS: Watts 6-30.
- BUCCANEERS: Hawkins 1-0.
- RAIDERS: McKinney 1-4, Hendricks 1-4.