LOSS - Tampa Bay Buccaneers 14 New England Patriots 19
The Tampa Bay defense played significantly better, picking off Patriots quarterback Tom Brady (his first interception of the season) and getting a sack fumble.
Running back Doug Martin returned from his suspension, and had a productive showing, rushing for 74 yards on 14 carries and scoring a touchdown. However, the Buccaneers offense mostly struggled through the first three quarters.
Meanwhile, Buccaneers kicker Nick Folk struggled mightily, missing on all three of his field goal attempts. Late in the fourth quarter, Jameis Winston threw a touchdown pass to tight end Cameron Brate, making the score 16-14 with just over two minutes left in regulation.
After a failed onside kicked, the Patriots scored a field goal putting themselves up by five. The Buccaneers got the ball back with 1:10 remaining, and zero timeouts left. Winston drove the Buccaneers to the New England 18-yard line with 3 seconds to go. Winston's pass to O. J. Howard in the endzone as time expired fell incomplete, ending the team's six-game home winning streak.
After missing six kicks since the Giants game (five field goals and one extra point), kicker Nick Folk was placed on injured reserve.
- REFEREE: Carl Cheffers
- UMPIRE: Clay Martin
- DOWN JUDGE: Thomas Symonette
- LINE JUDGE: Kent Payne
- FIELD JUDGE: Mearl Robinson
- SIDE JUDGE: Brad Freeman
- BACK JUDGE: Jim Quirk
- REPLAY OFFICIAL: Charles Stewart
- MICROSOFT SURFACE SIDELINE OFFICIAL: not documented
- PATRIOTS: 01:21-1Q Gostowski FG27
- BUCCANEERS: 08:26-2Q Martin 1 run (Folk kick)
- PATRIOTS: 03:42-2Q Hogan 5 pass from Brady (Gostowski kick)
- PATRIOTS: 00:00-2Q Gostowski FG23
- PATRIOTS: 09:55-3Q Gostowski FG45
- BUCCANEERS: 02:09-4Q Brate 18 pass from Winston (Folk kick)
- PATRIOTS: 01:10-4QGostowski FG48
- WR: #11 D. Jackson
- TE: #84 C. Brate
- LT: #76 D. Smith
- LG: #64 K. Pamphile
- C: #74 A. Marpet
- RG: #73 J. Sweezy
- RT: #69 D. Dotson
- WR: #13 M. Evans
- TE: #80 O. Howard
- QB: #03 J. Winston
- RB: #32 J. Rodgers
- DE: #91 DR. Ayers Jr.
- DT: #93 G. McCoy
- DT: #90 C. Baker
- DE: #92 W. Gholston
- SLB: #53 A. Glanton
- MLB: #51 K. Beckwith
- WLB: #59 D. Bond
- CB: #28 V. Hargreaves III
- CB: #24 B. Grimes
- S: #23 C. Conte
- S: #21 J. Evans
- 2 Folk, 9 Anger, 10 Humphries, 12 Godwin, 18 Reedy, 22 Martin, 25 Barber, 26 Robinson, 29 Smith, 34 Sims, 35 Elliott, 36 McClain, 39 Johnson, 52 Lynch, 57 Spence, 62 E Smith, 65 Sanborn, 77 Benenoch, 82 Auclair, 88 Stocker, 94 Clarke, 95 Russell, 98 McDonald.
DID NOT PLAY
- 14 Fitzpatrick
- 37 Tandy, 43 Ward, 54 David, 58 Alexander, 66 Wester, 68 Hawley, 96 Siliga
- BUCCANEERS: Martin 13-74, Winston 3-11, Sims 1-3, Rodgers 3-2.
- PATRIOTS: Lewis 7-53, Gillislee 12-52, Brady 2-5, White 2-3.
- BUCCANEERS: Winston 46-26-334-0-1.
- PATRIOTS: Brady 40-30-303-1-1.
- BUCCANEERS: Jackson 5-106, Brate 5-68, Evans 5-49, Sims 5-31, Humphries 3-51, Rodgers 1-13, Martin 1-8, Godwin 1-8.
- PATRIOTS: Amendola 8-77, Hogan 8-74, White 7-57, Cooks 5-85, Lewis 2-10.
- BUCCANEERS: Evans 1-2.
- PATRIOTS: none.
- BUCCANEERS: Reedy 1-16.
- PATRIOTS: Lewis 1-23.
- BUCCANEERS: Reedy 3-29.
- PATRIOTS: Amendola 3-51.
- BUCCANEERS: CMcDonald 1-7, Glanton 1-4, McCoy 1-3
- PATRIOTS: Wise 1-10, Van Noy 0.5-2.5, Flowers 0.5-2.5.