LOSS - Tampa Bay Buccaneers 07 New England Patriots 35
Still on the hunt for their first win of the season, the Buccaneers flew to Wembley Stadium for Week 7's NFL International game with the New England Patriots. For this game, Tampa Bay was listed as the home team.
The Buccaneers would trail early in the first quarter as Patriots safety Brandon Meriweather returned an interception 39 yards for a touchdown, followed by quarterback Tom Brady finding wide receiver Wes Welker on a 14-yard touchdown pass.
New England increased their lead in the second quarter as Brady completed a 54-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Sam Aiken, yet Tampa Bay would get onto the board with quarterback Josh Johnson completing a 33-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Antonio Bryant.
However, the Patriots took control throughout the second half as Brady hooked up with tight end Benjamin Watson on a 35-yard touchdown pass, while running back Laurence Maroney got himself a 1-yard touchdown run.
With the loss, the Buccaneers went into their bye week at 0–7 for the 1st time since 1985.
- REFEREE: Jerome Boger
- UMPIRE: Carl Paganelli
- HEAD LINESMAN: John Schleyer
- LINE JUDGE: Gary Arthur
- SIDE JUDGE: Joe Larrew
- FIELD JUDGE: Doug Rosenbaum
- BACK JUDGE: Tony Steratore
- REPLAY OFFICIAL: Mark Burns
- VIDEO OPERATOR: not documented
- PATRIOTS: 12:26-1Q Meriweather 39 interception return (Gostowski kick)
- PATRIOTS: 02:16-1Q Welker 14 pass from Brady (Gostowski kick)
- PATRIOTS: 11:18-2Q Aiken 54 pass from Brady (Gostowski kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 01:14-2Q Bryant 33 pass from Johnson (Andrus kick)
- PATRIOTS: 09:13-3Q Watson 35 pass from Brady (Gostowski kick)
- PATRIOTS: 9:25-4Q Maroney 1 run (Gostowski kick)
- WR: #80 M. Clayton
- LT: #70 D. Penn
- LG: #76 J. Zuttah
- C: #52 J Faine
- RG: #75 D. Joseph
- RT: #65 J. Trueblood
- TE: #82 K. Winslow
- WR: #89 A. Bryant
- QB: #11 J. Johnson
- RB: #24 C. Williams
- FB: #34 E. Graham
- LE: #97 J. Wilkerson
- DT: #98 R. Sims
- DT: #95 C. Hovan
- RE: #91 S. White
- SLB: #58 Q. Black
- MLB: #51 B. Ruud
- WLB: #54 G. Hayes
- LCB: #25 A. Talib
- RCB: #20 R. Barber
- SS: #21 S. Piscitelli
- FS: #36 T. Jackson
- 3 Andrus, 5 Freeman, 8 D Johnson, 16 Figurs, 18 Stroughter, 26 Allen, 27 Cox, 28 Ward, 33 Mack, 41 Lynch, 48 Economos, 53 Koutouvides, 56 Wilson, 57 Hayward, 71 Bennett, 72 M Johnson, 79 Mahan, 85 Stovall, 86 Stevens, 87 Clark, 88 Gilmore, 93 Miller, 96 Crowder
DID NOT PLAY
- 7 Leftwich, 22 Smith, 30 McCauley, 61 Compas, 69 Dotson, 74 Murphy, 92 D.Moore, 94 K.Moore
- BUCCANEERS: Ward 13-48, Williams 11-29, Johnson 1-7, Freeman 1-5.
- PATRIOTS: Maroney 13-43, Faulk 2-19, Hoyer 3-17, Tate 1-11, Green-Ellis 7-6, Welker 1-6, Brady 1-5.
- BUCCANEERS: Johnson 26-9-156-3-1, Freeman 4-2-16-0-0.
- PATRIOTS: Brady 32-23-308-2-3.
- BUCCANEERS: Stroughter 3-63, Bryant 2-51, Williams 2-28, Winslow 2-9, Clark 1-13, Ward 1-8.
- PATRIOTS: Welker 10-107, Moss 5-69, Baker 3-26, Aiken 2-66, Faulk 2-5, Watson 1-35.
- BUCCANEERS: Talib 1-23, Jackson 1-0.
- PATRIOTS: Meriweather 2-70, Butler 1-0.
- BUCCANEERS: Stroughter 3-53.
- PATRIOTS: Tate 2-44.
- BUCCANEERS: Stroughter 3-29.
- PATRIOTS: Welker 4-53.
- BUCCANEERS: Wilkerson 0.5-0.5, White 0.5-0.5
- PATRIOTS: Burgess 1-9, Wright 1-7, Chung 1-5.