LOSS - Tampa Bay Buccaneers 19 Carolina Panthers 22
Winston and the Buccaneers fought hard versus the Panthers but unfortunately weren’t able to clinch a win. Instead, the Buccaneers have now dropped to 4-11 and have handed the Panthers a trip to the playoffs.
Over-all the Bucccaneers were the better team for most of this very low-scoring and field goal-dominated game. Leading 19-15 with three minutes remaining, and that significantly understated their dominance, particularly in the second half.
Jameis Winston had an outstanding game, despite our offensive line that had dificulty holding the Panthers. Completing 21 of his 27 passes for 359 yards and a touchdown Winston carried the game. With three fumbles and not able to get the ball in the end zone doomed the game.
The Buccaneers defense was again on-point, with the Panthers driving down the field, the defense held them to only scoring field goals, while the defensive line sacked Cam Newton a couple times.
With three minutes left in the game, the Buccaneers were leading 19-15 and nearing a victory. Cam Newton found the holes in the Buccaneers sails, and led the Panthers down the field. Chris Baker was penalized for jumping into the neutral zone on a fourth-and-short at the goal-line, and the Panthers turned that opportunity into a game-winning touchdown.
Jameis Winston’s third fumble then sealed the game for the Panthers.
- REFEREE: Jerome Boger
- UMPIRE: Richard Hall
- DOWN JUDGE: Ed Camp
- LINE JUDGE: Mike Carr
- SIDE JUDGE: Walt Coleman IV
- FIELD JUDGE: Eugene Hall
- BACK JUDGE: Tony Steratore
- REPLAY OFFICAL: John McGarth
- MICROSOFT SURFACE SIDELINE OFFICIAL: not documented
- PANTHERS: 08:13-1Q Gano FG25
- BUCCANEERS: 02:24-1Q Murray FG31
- PANTHERS: 08:38-2Q Gano FG28
- BUCCANEERS: 02:58-2Q Murray FG41
- PANTHERS: 02:43-2Q Byrd 103 kick return (kick blocked)
- BUCCANEERS: 00:02-2Q Murray FG21
- BUCCANEERS: 10:27-3Q Wilson 18 pass from Winston (Murray kick)
- PANTHERS: 04:49-3Q Gano FG30
- BUCCANEERS: 14:57-4Q Murray FG26
- PANTHERS: 00:35-4Q Newton 2 run (Gano kick)
- WR: #12 C. Godwin
- TE: #84 C. Brate
- LT: #76 D. Smith
- LG: #64 K. Pamphile
- C: #68 J. Hawley
- RG: #62 E. Smith
- RT: #77. C. Benenoch
- QB: #03 J. Winston
- RB: #25 P. Barber
- WR: #13 M. Evans
- TE: #82 A. Auclair
- DE: #95 R. Russell
- DT: #93 G. McCoy
- DT: #90 C. Barber
- DE: #92 W. Gholston
- SLB: #51 K. Beckwith
- MLB: #58 K. Alexander
- WLB: #54 L. David
- CB: #36 R. McClain
- CB: #35 J. Elliott
- S: #23 C. Conte
- S: #43 T. Ward
- 7 Murray, 9 Anger, 10 Humphries, 16 Martino, 22 Martin, 26 Robinson, 27 Rivers, 32 Rodgers, 34 Sims, 37 Tandy, 39 Johnson, 45 Cross, 49 Bullough, 51 Beckwith, 59 Bond, 65 Sanborn, 66 Wester, 85 Wilson, 94 Clarke, 96 Siliga, 98 McDonald.
DID NOT PLAY
- 814 Fitzpatrick, 67 Liedtke, 71 Ward.
- 4 Griffin, 11 Jackson, 29 Smith, 52 Harris, 72 Gettis, 79 O’Connor, 91 Ayers.
- BUCCANEERS: Barber 13-51, Martin 6-7, Winston 3-6, Rodgers 1-2, Sims 1-0.
- PANTHERS: Newton 14-52, McCaffery 9-39, Stewart 7-19, Whittaker 1-5.
- BUCCANEERS: Winston 27-21-367-0-1.
- PANTHERS: Newton 25-16-160-1-0, Anderson 1-0-0-0-0.
- BUCCANEERS: Evans 6-107, Godwin 3-98, Humphries 3-51, Brate 3-13, Martino 2-57, Barber 2-4, Sims 1-19, Wilson 1-18.
- PANTHERS: Bersin 3-45, Olsen 3-27, Funchess 3-11, Clay 2-24, McCaffery 2-19, Byrd 1-31, Whittaker 1-4, Stewart 1-(-1).
- BUCCANEERS: Alexander 1-28.
- PANTHERS: none.
- BUCCANEERS: Sims 1-13.
- PANTHERS: Byrd 3-146, Whittaker 2-19, Cox 1-13.
- BUCCANEERS: Humphries 0-0.
- PANTHERS: Clay 1-3
- BUCCANEERS: McCoy 1-12, Russell 1-8.
- PANTHERS: Short 1.5-13.5, Horton 1.5-6.5, Peppers 1-13, Worley 1-2, Addison 0.5-3, Lotulelei 0.5-3.