WON - Tampa Bay Buccaneers 31 Carolina Panthers 16
Hoping to rebound from their loss to the Falcons the Buccaneers played on home ground for an NFC South rivalry match against the Panthers.
In the 1st quarter the Buccaneers took the lead as QB Josh Freeman made an 8-yard TD pass to WR Arrelious Benn. The Panthers narrowed the lead with kicker John Kasay hitting a 46-yard field goal. The Buccaneers increased their lead in the second quarter with RB LeGarrette Blount getting a 17-yard TD run; but the Panthers replied with RB Josh Vaughan making a 2-yard TD run. Tampa Bay scored again when Freeman found TE Kellen Winslow on a 20-yard TD pass. The lead was narrowed with Kasay's 28 and 48-yard field goals, but the Buccaneers pulled away in the fourth quarter with kicker Connor Barth nailing a 32-yard field goal, and with RB Cadillac Williams getting a 45-yard TD run.
With the win, Tampa Bay not only improved to 6–3, but achieved a season sweep over the Carolina Panthers.
- REFEREE: Walt Coleman
- UMPIRE: Roy Ellison
- HEAD LINESMAN: Ed Camp
- LINE JUDGE: Michael Spanier
- SIDE JUDGE: Rick Patterson
- FIELD JUDGE: Greg Gautreaux
- BACK JUDGE: Greg Yette
- REPLAY OFFICAL: Bill Spyskma
- VIDEO OPERATOR: Not Documented
- BUCCANEERS: 7:11-1Q Graham 14 pass from Freeman (Barth kick)
- PANTHERS: 11:43-2Q Smith 37 pass from Moore (Kasay kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 7:43-2Q M.Williams 35 pass from Freeman (Barth kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 7:40-3Q Barth FG24
- BUCCANEERS: 14:46-4Q Barth FG33
- WR: #19 M. Williams
- LT: #70 D. Penn
- LG: #68 K. Vincent
- C: #52 J. Faine
- RG: #75 D. Joseph
- RT: #65 J. Trueblood
- TE: #86 J. Stevens
- WR: #18 S. Stroughter
- WR: #81 M. Spurlock
- QB: #05 J. Freeman
- RB: #24 C. Williams
- LED: #93 G. McCoy
- LDT: #94 K. Moore
- RDT: #90 R. Miller
- RDE: #91 S. White
- SLB: #58 Q. Black
- MLB: #51 B. Ruud
- WLB: #54 G. Hayes
- LCB: #25 A. Talib
- RCB: #20 R. Barber
- SS: #26 S. Jones
- FS: #28 T. Jackson
- 9 Bryan, 10 Barth, 17 Benn, 21 Piscitelli, 28 Lumpkin, 31 Biggers, 33 Mack, 34 Graham, 35 Grimm , 41 Lynch, 45 Pressley, 48 Economos, 56 Watson, 57 Hayward, 76 Zuttah, 77 Lee, 85 Stovall, 86 Stevens, 88 Gilmore, 92 Price, 96 Crowder, 98 Sims
DID NOT PLAY
- 11 J Johnson
- 12 Carpenter, 23 Lewis, 27 Blount, 32 Huggins, 53 Koutouvides, 62 Larsen, 71 Bennett, 87 Parker
- BUCCANEERS: C.Williams 27-51, Freeman 4-43, Graham 3-1.
- PANTHERS: Williams 17-54, Stewart 8-43, Goodson 5-20, Moore 1-2, Fiammeta 1-0, Clausen 1-0.
- BUCCANEERS: Freeman 24-12-178-0-2, Spurlock 1-0-0-0-0.
- PANTHERS: Moore 16-6-125-1-1, Clausen 13-7-59-1-0.
- BUCCANEERS: Graham 5-33, Winslow 4-83, M.Williams 2-54, C.Williams 1-8.
- PANTHERS: Smith 3-66, Rosario 3-47, Williams 3-20, Goodson 2-33, Gettis 2-18.
- BUCCANEERS: Talib 1-21, Barber 1-5.
- PANTHERS: none
- BUCCANEERS: Spurlock 1-18.
- PANTHERS: Goodson 4-75, Pugh 1-17.
- BUCCANEERS: Spurlock 2-21.
- PANTHERS: Munnerlyn 3-8, J.Williams 1-0.
- BUCCANEERS: Crowder 2-9, Black 1-11, White 1-5.
- PANTHERS: none