LOSS - Tampa Bay Buccaneers 07 Green Bay Packers 21
POST-SEASON: NFC Divisional Playoffs Game
Green Bay Packers running back Dorsey Levens rushed for a team playoff record of 112 yards and a touchdown while also catching 4 passes for 29 yards as the Green Bay defense held Tampa Bay Buccaneers to 90 rushing yards and intercepted 2 passes from Trent Dilfer, who finished the game with only 11 of 36 completions for 200 yards.
Early in the game, Tampa Bay had a chance to score first, but Packers defensive tackle Bob Kuberski blocked Michael Husted's 43-yard field goal attempt. Green Bay then drove for the first touchdown of the game with Brett Favre's 3-yard touchdown pass to tight end Mark Chmura. Early in the second quarter, Packers receiver Robert Brooks' 28-yard punt return and 21-yard reception set up a field goal by Ryan Longwell. And later on, defensive back Tyrone Williams intercepted a pass from Dilfer and returned it 14 yards, setting up Longwell's second field goal with six seconds left in the half, making the score 13–0.
Green Bay receiver Antonio Freeman returned the second half kickoff 90 yards for a touchdown, but a holding penalty on Darren Sharper eliminated the score and moved the ball all the way back to their own 11-yard line. Green Bay still managed to drive into scoring range, but on the eighth play of the drive, Bucs defensive back Donnie Abraham intercepted a pass from Favre on the Tampa Bay 6-yard line. Dilfer subsequently led the Bucs offense 94 yards in 8 plays to score on fullback Mike Alstott's 6-yard touchdown run, cutting the score to 13–7. But two possessions later, the Packers drove 54 yards and scored with a 2-yard touchdown run by Levens. Then, Favre closed out the scoring by running in the 2-point conversion on a quarterback draw.
- REFEREE: Johnny Grier
- UMPIRE: Jim Quirk
- LINE JUDGE: Mark Steinkerchner
- SIDE JUDGE: Tom Fincken
- HEAD LINESMAN: Paul Weidner
- BACK JUDGE: Dick Creed
- FIELD JUDGE: Billy Smith
- REPLAY OFFICIAL: Alt. Dale Hamer
- VIDEO OPERATOR: not documented
- PACKERS: 05:36-1Q Chmura 3 pass from Favre (Longwell kick)
- PACKERS: 01:52-2Q Longwell FG21
- PACKERS: 00:02-2Q Longwell FG32
- BUCCANEERS: 06:17-3Q Alstott 6 run (Husted kick)
- PACKERS: 13:37-4Q Levens 2 run (Favre run)
- WR: #85 R. Anthony
- LT: #74 P. Gruber
- LG: #64 J. Diaz
- C: #61 T. Mayberry
- RG: #73 F. Middleton
- RT: #70 J. Odom
- TE: #83 D. Moore
- WR: #88 H. Copeland
- QB: #12 T. Dilfer
- RB: #8 W. Dunn
- FB: #40 M. Alstott
- LE: #72 C. Ahanotu
- NT: #77 B. Culpepper
- UT: #99 W. Sapp
- RE: #91 R. Upshaw
- SLB: #59 R. Porter
- MLB: #56 H. Nickerson
- DB: #55 D. Brooks
- CB: #21 D. Abraham
- CB: #27 A. Parker
- SS: #47 J. Lynch
- FS: #22 C. Mincy
- 4 Walsh, 5 Husted, 7 Landeta, 20 Barber, 23 Bouie, 25 Johnson, 32 Rhett, 37 Ellison, 45 Legette, 50 Gooch, 52 Bellisari, 53 Quarles, 65 Dogins, 69 Pierson, 71 Wunsch, 82 Hape, 84 Thomas, 86 Williams, 87 Davis, 90 Maniecki, 94 White, 97 Jackson
DID NOT PLAY
- 49 Brady
- 13 Milanovich, 24 Robinson, 29 Gant, 31 Young, 48 Jordan, 51 Singleton, 60 Pyne, 75 Curry
- BUCCANEERS: Dunn 18-64, Alstott 7-21, Anthony 1-5, Walsh 1-0.
- PACKERS: Levens 25-112, Henderson 2-4, Favre 5-2.
- BUCCANEERS: Dilfer 36-11-200-2-0, Walsh 1-1-0-0-0.
- PACKERS: Favre 28-15-190-2-1.
- BUCCANEERS: Copeland 4-44 , Moore 3-54, Dunn 2-34, Anthony 1-52, Thomas 1-16, Davis 1-0.
- PACKERS: Freeman 4-75, Levens 4-29, Mayes 2-37, Chmura 2-20, Henderson 2-8, Brooks 1-21.
- BUCCANEERS: Abraham 2-0.
- PACKERS: Williams 1-14, Prior 1-13.
- BUCCANEERS: Anthony 4-68, White 1-6, Rhett 0-4.
- PACKERS: Freeman 2-36.
- BUCCANEERS: Anthony 1-21.
- PACKERS: Brooks 3-47.
- BUCCANEERS: Sapp 3-19, Culpepper 1-0.
- PACKERS: McKenzie 1-15, Butler 1-12.