WON - Tampa Bay Buccaneers 27 Green Bay Packers 24
The Buccaneers defeated the winless Packers with a fourth-quarter rally led by Vinny Testaverde, who tied the game with a 19-yard touchdown pass to Bruce Hill. Donald Igwebuike kicked the winning field goal with 12 seconds remaining.
A strong defense made up for the Buccaneers' early lack of offense. An apparent fumble return touchdown by Kevin Murphy was called back when the officials ruled the ball dead, but he intercepted a Randy Wright pass for a 35-yard touchdown on the next play.
The offense improved in the second half, when the Buccaneers placed more emphasis on their running game. Testaverde passed for 300 yards, including a stretch of six consecutive completions that gained 107 yards and the touchdown to Hill, and threw two potential touchdowns that were dropped by Mark Carrier in the end zone.
Perkins later praised Testaverde for keeping his poise instead of getting frustrated after throwing four interceptions, and said that it was the most physical game the Buccaneer defense had played with him as coach.
- REFEREE: Fred Wyant
- UMPIRE: John Keck
- LINE JUDGE: Joe Haynes
- SIDE JUDGE: Tom Fincken
- HEAD LINESMAN: Jerry Bergman
- BACK JUDGE: Bob Moore
- FIELD JUDGE: Don Orr
- REPLAY OFFICIAL: Fritz Graf
- VIDEO OPERATOR: not documented
- PACKERS: 09:03-1Q Zendejas FG44
- BUCCANEERS: 07:45-2Q Igwebuike FG45
- BUCCANEERS: 06:05-2Q Murphy 35 interception return (Igwebuike kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 03:18-2Q West 14 pass from Wright (Zendejas kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 02:12-3Q Fullwood 14 run (Zendejas kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 12:33-4Q Tate 1 run (Igwebuike kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 04:37-4Q Wright 1 run (Zendejas kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 01:52-4Q Hill 19 pass from Testaverde (Igwebuike kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 00:12-4Q Igwebuike FG44
- WR: #88 M. Carrier
- LT: #74 P. Gruber
- LG: #68 R. Mallory
- C: #60 R. Grimes
- RG: #50 D. Turk
- RT: #72 R. Taylor
- TE: #82 R. Hall
- WR: #84 B. Hill
- QB: #14 V. Testaverde
- FB: #32 J. Wilder
- RB: #27 K. Goode
- LE: #78 J. Cannon
- NT: #95 C. Jarvis
- RE: #90 R. Holmes
- LOB: #59 K. Murphy
- LIB: #99 E. Marve
- RIB: #53 S. Coleman
- ROB: #57 W. Moss
- LC: #29 R. Reynolds
- RC: #36 B. Futrell
- SS: #20 O. Harris
- FS: #39 H. Hamilton
- 1 Igwebuike, 13 Criswell, 22 Jones, 28 Isom, 33 McAdoo, 34 Tate, 35 J Smith, 40 Elder, 43 Howard, 51 Washington, 55 Rolling, 56 Walker, 69 Bruhin, 70 Swayne, 71 Cooper, 79 Davis, 80 Pillow, 81 Starring, 86 Magee, 94 Goff, 97 Lee
DID NOT PLAY
- 12 Ferguson, 64 Thomas
- 30 Robinson, 73 McHale
- BUCCANEERS: Wilder 14-67, Tate 5-9, Goode 3-7, Testaverde 2-2.
- PACKERS: Wright 4-33, Carruth 4-14, Mason 2-10, Fullwood 6-10, Sharpe 1-3, Stanley 1-1, Davis 4-1.
- BUCCANEERS: Testaverde 37-20-300-4-1.
- PACKERS: Wright 51-28-321-2-1, Majkowski 1-1-56-0-0.
- BUCCANEERS: Carrier 4-95, Hill 4-81, Goode 4-41, Wilder 3-32, J.Smith 3-19, Magee 1-23, Starring 1-9.
- PACKERS: Stanley 6-107, Sharpe 6-70, West 6-59, Kemp 5-64, Scott 4-70, Davis 1-8, Fullwood 1-(-1).
- BUCCANEERS: Murphy 1-35, Harris 1-24.
- PACKERS: Cecil 2-56, Lee 1-14, Murphy 1-1.
- BUCCANEERS: Elder 3-52.
- PACKERS: Fullwood 3-78.
- BUCCANEERS: J.Smith 1-20, Futrell 2-(-5).
- PACKERS: Stanley 2-(-4).
- BUCCANEERS: Cannon 1-6, Holmes 1-5, Jarvis 0.5-6, Davis 0.5-6.
- PACKERS: Dent 1-9, Harris 1-8.