WON - Tampa Bay Buccaneers 13 Green Bay Packers 10
The Buccaneers broke their nine-game losing streak with a 28-yard field goal by Donald Igwebuike on the final play of the game.
Vinny Testaverde led a 56-yard drive to set up the kick, which followed Max Zendejas' missed 52-yard attempt. They capitalized on the Packers' mistake-prone play, which included a Brent Fullwood fumble that led to a Lars Tate touchdown run, and a late-game fourth-down conversion at the Buccaneer 35 that was called back by a penalty.
Packers nose tackle Jerry Boyarsky suffered a broken arm that required the insertion of a plate and caused him to miss the rest of the season. The injury left the Packers with only three healthy linemen, and required defensive end Blaise Winter to fill in at nose tackle. Phil Epps also went on injured reserve with a broken wrist.
Tampa Bay linebacker Ervin Randle left the game with a shoulder injury and was replaced by rookie free agent Sidney Coleman, who made seven tackles, recovered a fumble, and was awarded a game ball. Perkins later praised the team for continuing to fight, despite turning the ball over in Buccaneer territory on a Testaverde fumble late in the fourth quarter. He also reported pleasure with Testaverde's interception-free performance.
- REFEREE: Joe Seeman
- UMPIRE: Robert Stuart
- LINE JUDGE: Bill Glass
- SIDE JUDGE: David Parry
- HEAD LINESMAN: Bob Reynolds
- BACK JUDGE: Phillip Liske
- FIELD JUDGE: Daniel Dorkowski
- REPLAY OFFICIAL: David Kamanski
- VIDEO OPERATOR: not documented
- PACKERS: 10:05-1Q Zendejas FG50
- PACKERS: 00:01-1Q Fullwood 30 pass from Wright (Zendejas kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 09:30-2Q Tate 2 run (Igwebuike kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 01:40-2Q Igwebuike FG53
- BUCCANEERS: 00:03-4Q Igwebuike FG28
- WR: #89 Carrier
- LT: #74 Gruber
- LG: #68 Mallory
- C: #60 R. Grimes
- RG: #50 D. Turk
- RT: #72 R. Taylor
- TE: #82 Hall
- WR: #84 Hill
- QB: #14 V. Testaverde
- FB: #32 Wilder
- RB: #35 Smith
- LE: #79 Davis
- NT: #95 Jarvis
- RE: #90 Holmes
- LOB: #59 Murphy
- LIB: #99 Marve
- RIB: #54 Randle
- ROB: #57 Moss
- LC: #29 Reynolds
- RC: #36 Futrell
- SS: #30 Robinson
- FS: #39 Hamilton
- 1 Igwebuike, 13 Criswell, 20 Harris, 22 Jones, 27 Goode, 34 Tate, 40 Elder, 43 Howard, 51 Washington, 53 Coleman, 55 Rolling, 56 Walker, 69 Bruhin, 70 Swayne, 71 Cooper, 78 Cannon, 80 Pillow, 81 Starring, 86 Magee, 94 Goff, 97 Lee
DID NOT PLAY
- 12 Ferguson,64 Thomas
- 73 McHale, 85 Taylor
- BUCCANEERS: Wilder 20-91, Tate 9-29, J.Smith 6-19, Testaverde 2-9.
- PACKERS: Davis 5-18, Carruth 8-17, Fullwood 9-16, Wright 1-9, Woodside 2-(-1).
- BUCCANEERS: Testaverde 24-11-135-0-0.
- PACKERS: Wright 27-22-181-0-1.
- BUCCANEERS: Hill 3-52, J.Smith 2-28, Carrier 2-21, Hall 2-16, Starring 1-13, Wilder 1-5.
- PACKERS: Stanley 4-36, Carruth 4-17, Epps 3-30, Davis 3-13, Kemp 2-23, Woodside 2-16, West 2-1, Fullwood 1-30, Sharpe 1-15.
- BUCCANEERS: none.
- PACKERS: none.
- BUCCANEERS: Pillow 3-38.
- PACKERS: Scott 1-27, Jefferson 1-23.
- BUCCANEERS: J.Smith 1-6.
- PACKERS: Jefferson 2-8, Stanley 1-4.
- BUCCANEERS: none.
- PACKERS: Greene 1-14, Stephen 1-3, Harris 1-0.