WON - Tampa Bay Buccaneers 23 Green Bay Packers 17
Steve DeBerg opened the second half with an 84-yard drive ending in a touchdown, and followed that with a touchdown pass to Gerald Carter a minute later.
The game nearly became a repeat of the previous week, as the Packers replaced quarterback Don Majkowski with Randy Wright. Wright's two fourth-quarter touchdowns cut into Tampa Bay's 23–3 lead, but this time the offense was able to hold on to the ball. Two Calvin Magee catches for first downs sealed the victory.
The Buccaneers' 17 second-half points are credited to the coaching staff's adjustment to the Packers' man-to-man defense. The Buccaneers and Packers both had the same amount of net yards, passing yards (190), and rushing yards (89).
Donald Igwebuike's three field goals broke Bill Capece's Buccaneer career record.
The victory left the Buccaneers in second place in the NFC Central division. This led to speculation as to whether coach Perkins, who had been able to lead the New York Giants to the playoffs in three years as their coach, would be able to repeat the feat in a single year with Tampa Bay.
- REFEREE: George McCarter
- UMPIRE: Bill Montgomery
- LINE JUDGE: Bob Baker
- HEAD LINESMAN: David Anderson
- BACK JUDGE: Tony Kelleher
- FIELD JUDGE: Bob Wortman
- SIDE JUDGE: David Creed
- BUCCANEERS: 14:11-2QIgwebuike FG48
- BUCCANEERS: 09:29-3Q Smith 1 run (Igwebuike kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 08:21-3QCarter 5 pass from DeBerg (Igwebuike kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 03:29-3Q Igwebuike FG36GB0:04-3QDel Greco FG36
- BUCCANEERS: 10:04-4Q Igwebuike FG46
- PACKERS: 06:25-4Q Neal 4 pass from Wright (Del Greco kick)
- PACKERS: 03:51-4Q Fullwood 1 run (Del Greco kick)
- WR: #89 Carrier
- LT: #72 R. Taylor
- LG: #79 Goode
- C: #60 R. Grimes
- RG: #68 Mallory
- RT: #73 R. Heller
- TE: #86 C. McGee
- WR: #87 G. Carter
- QB: #17 DeBerg
- FB: #32 Wilder
- RB: #35 Smith
- LE: #78 Cannon
- NT: #94 Stensrud
- RE: #75 Kellin
- LOLB: #51 C. Washington
- LILB: #52 S. Brantley
- RILB: #54 Randle
- ROLB: #57 Moss
- LCB: #29 Reynolds
- RCB: #22 R. Jones
- SS: #33 Kemp
- FS: #20 Woods
- 1 Igwebuike, 5 Garcia, 23 Anderson, 24 Tripoli, 25 Howard, 31 Gordon, 36 Futrell, 39 Austin, 50 Turk, 56 Walker, 66 Yarno, 70 Swayne, 74 Powell, 77 Maarleveld, 80 S Holloway, 82 Hall, 83 Miller, 90 Holmes, 91 Gant, 93 Sileo
DID NOT PLAY
- 11 Shula, 14 Testaverde, 58 Davis
- 8 Davis, 32 Gladman, 34 Wright, 42 Bartalo, 53 Graham, 59 Murphy, 61 Jordan, 81 Freeman, 85 G.Taylor, 98 Keys
- BUCCANEERS: Smith 18-43, Howard 12-27, Wilder 5-22, Austin 3-3, DeBerg 3-(-6).
- PACKERS: Majkowski 6-51, Davis 7-23, Wright 2-7, Carruth 2-4, Clark 5-3, Fullwood 2-1.
- BUCCANEERS: DeBerg 30-17-197-1-1.
- PACKERS: Majkowski 14-4-43-0-0, Wright 19-13-161-0-1.
- BUCCANEERS: Magee 7-66, Carrier 3-66, Howard 2-30, Smith 2-13, Wilder 1-9, Miller 1-8, Carter 1-5.
- PACKERS: Epps 5-51, Neal 4-42, Stanley 3-45, Davis 2-12, Paskett 1-33, West 1-13, Clark 1-8.
- BUCCANEERS: none.
- PACKERS: Morris 1-50.
- BUCCANEERS: Futrell 3-60, Carrier 1-0.
- PACKERS: Fullwood 3-73, Carruth 1-8, Cook 1-0.
- BUCCANEERS: Futrell 1-10.
- PACKERS: Stanley 3-12.
- BUCCANEERS: Washington 2-10, Cannon 1-4.
- PACKERS: Harris 1-7.