LOSS - Tampa Bay Buccaneers 00 Green Bay Packers 21
How bad were the playing conditions? The Buccaneers were in white jerseys and Steve Young was unable to find his recievers in the blizzard of snow. This game is rated as one of the worst conditions for an NFL game ever played.
The Buccaneers' 65 net yards and their average gain of 1.6 yards per play were both team lows. It was the lowest offensive total by any Packers opponent since a game against the Atlanta Falcons on Oct 1, 1967.
Having difficulty finding open receivers, Steve Young ran 7 times for 31 yards, and was sacked 5 times for 42 yards. He completed no passes longer than 10 yards, and reported trouble keeping a grip on the ball. James Wilder was held to 23 yards rushing. Anticipating bad weather, the Packers prepared for the game by moving their practices outdoors during the week. Several Buccaneers reported loss of feeling in their extremities.
Lynn Dickey passed for 299 yards and a touchdown, James Lofton caught passes for 106 yards, Eddie Lee Ivery rushed for 109 yards, and Gerry Ellis rushed for 101 yards and a touchdown. Alphonso Carreker got four of the Packers' five sacks.
It was the Buccaneers' 18th consecutive road loss, tying the 2nd-longest such streak in NFL history, and their 25th consecutive road loss in an outdoor stadium
- REFEREE: Ben Dreith
- UMPIRE: Ed Fillick
- LINE JUDGE: Ron DeSouza
- HEAD LINESMAN: Dale Williams
- BACK JUDGE: Don Wedge
- FIELD JUDGE: Dick Dolack
- SIDE JUDGE: Tom Fincken
- PACKERS: 08:44-2Q Dickey 1 run (Del Greco kick)
- PACKERS: 02:03-3Q Ellis 35 run (Del Greco kick)
- PACKERS: 05:08-4Q Clark 3 run (Del Greco kick)
- WR: #89 K. House
- LT: #66 G. Yarno
- LG: #72 S. Courson
- C: #60 R. Grimes
- RG: #62 S. Farrell
- RT: #73 R. Heller
- TE: #88 J. Giles
- TE: #87 G. Carter
- QB: #07 S. Young
- FB: #86 C. Magee
- TB: #32 J. Wilder
- LE: #78 J. Cannon
- NT: #76 D. Logan
- RE: #75 C. Lindstrom
- LOLB: #54 E. Randle
- LILB: #58 J. Davis
- RILB: #52 S. Brantley
- ROLB: #51 C. Washington
- LC: #23 J. Castille
- RC: #21 J. Holt
- LS: #31 C. Curry
- RS: #44 I. Sully
- 1 Igwebuike, 5 Garcia, 7 Risher, 20 Springs, 24 Prior, 26 Easmon, 30 Greenwood, 40 Armstrong, 50 Wilson, 55 D Johnson, 56 C Johnson, 57 Browner, 64 Shearin, 67 Morgan, 68 Mallory, 71 Studaway, 79 Kaplan, 80 Dunn, 81 Freeman, 83 T Bell, 85 Witte, 90 Holmes
DID NOT PLAY
- 17 DeBerg
- BUCCANEERS: Young 7-31, Wilder 12-23.
- PACKERS: Ivery 13-109, Ellis 9-101, Clark 10-23, Dickey 4-(-1).
- BUCCANEERS: Young 17-8-53-1-0.
- PACKERS: Dickey 36-22-299-2-0.
- BUCCANEERS: Wilder 6-33, House 1-10, Magee 1-10.
- PACKERS: Lofton 6-106, Coffman 5-62, Epps 4-64, Clark 3-28, Ivery 2-18, West 1-11, Dennard 1-10.
- BUCCANEERS: Sully 1-20, Castille 1-20.
- PACKERS: Lewis 1-0.
- BUCCANEERS: Freeman 3-57, Prior 1-11.
- PACKERS: Ellis 1-40.
- BUCCANEERS: Prior 0-0.
- PACKERS: Epps 2-15, Murphy 1-4, Flynn 0-0.
- BUCCANEERS: Logan 0.5-5, Holmes 0.5-5, Davis 0.5-4.5, Morgan 0.5-4.5.
- PACKERS: Carreker 4-34, Noble 1-8.