LOSS - Tampa Bay Buccaneers 14 Green Bay Packers 27
The Packers were held scoreless for the first half, but scored 27 unanswered points after a 17-yard Paul Coffman pass reception inspired the team. It took eight Buccaneers to bring Coffman down, and the reception set up a 4-yard Eddie Lee Ivery touchdown run. Coffman was awarded a game ball for the effort. Before that, the Packers dropped numerous passes and allowed the Buccaneers to take a 14–0 lead.
The Buccaneers also missed scoring opportunities, with a fumble on the 6-yard line, and a field goal attempt in which Obed Ariri slipped twice before missing the kick. James Wilder rushed for 84 first-half yards, and threw his first career pass, a touchdown to Adger Armstrong.
The Green Bay crowd spent the game taunting McKay, who during the week had expressed his distaste for the city, saying that a trip to Green Bay would be the 98th prize in a contest that had 97 prizes, and that nobody should have to go there in July, let alone December.
A small black No. 42 was worn on the Buccaneer helmets for the game in tribute to former running back Ricky Bell, who had died earlier in the week.
- REFEREE: Greg McCarter
- UMPIRE: Richard Botchan
- LINE JUDGE: Jerry Fette
- HEAD LINESMAN: Troy Gierke
- BACK JUDGE: Jerry Sanders
- FIELD JUDGE: Paul Mallette
- SIDE JUDGE: Daniel Look
- BUCCANEERS: 09:17-2Q Armstrong 16 pass from Wilder (Ariri kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 06:53-3Q J.Bell 9 pass from DeBerg (Ariri kick)
- PACKERS: 04:11-3Q Ivery 4 run (Del Greco kick)
- PACKERS: 14:14-4Q Ivery 2 run (Del Greco kick)
- PACKERS: 10:35-4Q Dickey 1 run (Del Greco kick)
- PACKERS: 03:11-4Q Crouse 10 pass from Dickey (kick failed)
- WR: #89 K. House
- LT: #74 G. Sanders
- LG: #72 S. Courson
- C: #50 S. Wilson
- RG: #62 S. Farrell
- RT: #73 R. Heller
- TE: #88 J. Giles
- TE: #82 J. Bell
- QB: #17 S. DeBerg
- FB: #46 A. Armstrong
- TB: #32 J. Wilder
- LE: #78 J. Cannon
- NT: #76 D. Logan
- RE: #63 L. Selmon
- LOLB: #57 K. Browner
- LILB: #58 J. Davis
- RILB: #52 S. Brantley
- ROLB: #53 H. Green
- LC: #23 J. Castille
- RC: #21 J. Holt
- LS: #33 M. Cotney
- RS: #43 B. Reece
- 2 Ariri, 5 Garcia, 20 Morton, 24 Harvey, 25 Dierking, 27 Acorn, 29 Bright, 31 Curry, 38 Peoples, 41 Thomas, 51 Washington, 54 Wood, 55 Spradlin, 59 Thompson, 60 Grimes, 67 Morgan, 70 Thomas, 71 Braggs, 75 Darns, 79 Kaplan, 81 Dixon, 83 T Bell, 85 Witte, 86 Carroll, 87 Carter
DID NOT PLAY
- 14 Thompson, 62 Farrell
- BUCCANEERS: Wilder 27-88, Armstrong 2-12, DeBerg 1-0.
- PACKERS: Ivery 16-73, Crouse 6-31, Ellis 4-12, Huckleby 2-(-1), Dickey 3-(-3), Rodgers 2-(-6).
- BUCCANEERS: DeBerg 34-22-190-2-1, Wilder 1-1-16-0-1.
- PACKERS: Dickey 32-18-205-3-1.
- BUCCANEERS: Wilder 11-48, House 6-105, A.Armstrong 2-22, J.Bell 2-17, Carter 2-14.
- PACKERS: Ivery 5-29, Coffman 4-63, Crouse 4-36, Epps 3-38, Ellis 2-39.
- BUCCANEERS: Brantley 1-38, Reese 1-12, Cannon 1-0.
- PACKERS: Lewis 1-12, Anderson 1-2.
- BUCCANEERS: Morton 2-25, Bright 1-10, Wood 1-7, Spradlin 1-5.
- PACKERS: Rodgers 2-41, D.Jones 1-19.
- BUCCANEERS: Bright 3-10, Holt 1-2.
- PACKERS: Flynn 4-24.
- BUCCANEERS: none.
- PACKERS: Martin 1-12, Brown 1-11,T.Jones 1-8.