WON - Tampa Bay Buccaneers 21 Green Bay Packers 10
The Buccaneers won in come-from-behind fashion against the Packers.
Newly acquired Packers receiver John Jefferson fell on his rear end while showing off for the crowd during pregame introductions, a display that inspired the Buccaneer defense.
After the Packers took an early 7–0 lead on a Gerry Ellis touchdown run, the Buccaneers scored 21 unanswered points.
Doug Williams completed 15 of 23 passes for 199 yards, a career-best 65.2% completion percentage. Green Bay attempted a late rally, as George Cumby's 68-yard return of a James Wilder goal-line fumble set up a field goal to bring the score to 21–10. After the Buccaneers were forced to punt on the following possession, the Packers drove all the way to the Tampa Bay 7-yard line before Scot Brantley intercepted a Lynn Dickey pass to kill the drive. Dickey, under the pressure of a constant pass rush, was also intercepted by Hugh Green, Cecil Johnson, and Neal Colzie.
- REFEREE: George McCarter
- UMPIRE: Richard Botchan
- LINE JUDGE: Jack Fette
- HEAD LINESMAN: Ed Frantz
- BACK JUDGE: John Rosser
- FIELD JUDGE: Adam Terzian
- SIDE JUDGE: Robert DeSouzar
- PACKERS: 10:25-1Q Ellis 7 run (Stenerud kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 08:15-2Q Giles 5 pass from Williams (Capece kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 10:34-3Q Williams 1 run (Capece kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 08:49-3Q Wilder 1 run (Capece kick)
- PACKERS: 13:45-4Q Stenerud FG34
- WR: #83 T. Bell
- LT: #75 D. Reavis
- LG: #68 R. Snell
- C: #50 S. Wilson
- RG: #61 G. Roberts
- RT: #73 C. Hannah
- TE: #88 J. Giles
- WR: #89 K. House
- QB: #12 D. Williams
- FB: #32 J. Wilder
- TB: #43 J. Eckwood
- LE: #77 B. Kollar
- NT: #76 D. Logan
- RE: #65 D. Stalls
- LOLB: #59 A. Hawkins
- LILB: #56 C. Johnson
- RILB: #54 R. Wood
- ROLB: #53 H. Green
- LC: #41 N. Thomas
- RC: #40 M. Washington
- SS: #20 N. Colzie
- FS: #34 C. Brown
- 3 Capece, 9 Swider, 21 Holt, 26 Owens, 27 T Davis, 28 G Davis, 44 Cesare, 45 Mitchell, 51 Nafziger, 52 Brantley, 62 Leonard, 68 Yarno, 70 Hutchinson, 74 Sanders, 84 Jones, 86 Obradovich, 87 Carter, 90 White
DID NOT PLAY
- 10 Ford, 14 Fusina, 42 R Bell, 57 Lewis, 63 Selmon
- BUCCANEERS: Eckwood 22-84, Wilder 17-68, Williams 5-14, Owens 1-6.
- PACKERS: Huckleby 12-57, Ellis 8-35, Jensen 1-3, Dickey 1-0.
- BUCCANEERS: Williams 23-15-199-1-1.
- PACKERS: Dickey 33-19-219-4-0.
- BUCCANEERS: Giles 6-85, Wilder 5-54, House 1-21, Obradovich 1-16, T.Bell 1-13, Carter 1-10.
- PACKERS: Ellis 6-48, Huckleby 5-42, Lofton 4-86, Jefferson 2-26, Coffman 2-17.
- BUCCANEERS: Green 1-50, Johnson 1-29, Brantley 1-2, Colzie 1-0.
- PACKERS: Douglass 1-13.
- BUCCANEERS: Owens 3-55.
- PACKERS: Lee 4-78.
- BUCCANEERS: T.Bell 1-6.
- PACKERS: Lee 3-26.
- BUCCANEERS: Johnson 1-8, Green 1-8.
- PACKERS: Gray 1-0.