TIE-TIE-TIE-OT - Tampa Bay Buccaneers 14 Green Bay Packers 14
The Buccaneers first, and as of the 2017 season, only ever tie as a result of two missed fieldgoal attempts. Lynn Dickey passed for 418 yards, which set records for the most in Packers history and the most by a Buccaneer opponent.
McKay said that none of his linebackers played well, even though Richard Wood returned a fumble 55 yards for a touchdown. McKay also complained that the team gained only 180 yards rushing, despite the line opening "holes so big I couldn't believe it....(we) should have gained 400 yards". He later admitted that the holes were closing quickly and that the linemen were not finishing off their blocks.
The offense was marked by indisciplined play, with receivers running wrong routes and fullbacks blocking the wrong opponent. The linebackers had been considered the strength of the team, but played poor pass defense, and lost two more starters (David Lewis and Cecil Johnson) with injuries. Bill Kollar missed the game with a broken hand, and Mike Washington played despite injury. McKay said after the game that the team was coasting on the previous year's performance, and that they would be ready to forget about the current season and pay attention to the following year if there was no improvement.
- REFEREE: Cal LePore
- UMPIRE: Dave Hamilton
- LINE JUDGE: Gene Carrabine
- HEAD LINESMAN: Tony Veteri
- BACK JUDGE: Roy Clymer
- FIELD JUDGE: Jack Vaughan
- SIDE JUDGE: Grover Klemmer
- PACKERS: 03:32-1Q Middleton 3 run (Birney kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 13:26-2Q Wood 55 interception return (Yepremian kick)
- PACKERS: 06:48-2Q Coffman 6 pass from Dickey (Birney kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 04:50-4Q Williams 5 run (Yepremian kick)
- WR: #84 G. Jones
- LT: #75 D. Reavis
- LG: #72 R. Snell
- C: #62 J. Leonard
- RG: #61 C. Roberts
- RT: #73 C. Hannah
- TE: #88 J. Giles
- WR: #81 I. Hagins
- QB: #12 D. Williams
- RB: #43 J. Eckwood
- RB: #42 R. Bell
- LE: #65 D. Stalls
- NT: #76 D. Logan
- RE: #63 L. Selmon
- LOLB: #57 D. Lewis
- SILB: #61 D. Selmon
- WILB: #54 R. Wood
- ROLB: #56 C. Johnson
- LCB: #25 C. Jordan
- RCB: #40 M. Washington
- SS: #33 M. Cotney
- FS: #34 C. Brown
- 1 Yepremian, 16 Blanchard, 20 Colzie, 27 T Davis, 28 G Davis, 36 Berns, 38 J Davis, 41 Thomas, 46 Reece, 52 Brantley, 55 Brown, 59 Hawkins, 68 Yarno, 69 Austin, 78 Radford, 80 Samuels, 86 Obradovich, 87 Mucker
DID NOT PLAY
- 14 Fusina, 50 Wilson, 77 Kollar, 79 Lewis, 89 House
- BUCCANEERS: Bell 21-85, Eckwood 8-42, Williams 5-48, J.Davis 1-5.
- PACKERS: Ivery 18-74, Atkins 16-44, Middleton 6-21, Ellis 5-14, Dickey 2-1.
- BUCCANEERS: Williams 24-6-103-0-0, Eckwood 1-0-0-0-0.
- PACKERS: Dickey 51-35-418-2-1.
- BUCCANEERS: Giles 2-65, Bell 2-17, Eckwood 1-12, Jones 1-9.
- PACKERS: Ivery 11-128, Coffman 9-109, Thompson 7-102, Middleton 3-36, Lofton 2-31, Atkins 2-10, Ellis 1-2.
- BUCCANEERS: Wood 1-55, Colzie 1-39.
- PACKERS: none.
- BUCCANEERS: G.Davis 3-51.
- PACKERS: Lee 3-65, McCoy 1-20.
- BUCCANEERS: Reece 5-33.
- PACKERS: Cassidy 4-33, Lee 2-14.
- BUCCANEERS: L.Selmon 1-3.
- PACKERS: Butler 1-11, Johnson 1-7, Merrill 1-3.