LOSS - Tampa Bay Buccaneers 07 Green Bay Packers 17
Again playing without their entire starting backfield, the Buccaneers outgained Green Bay in several major offensive statistics, including a 321–173 yardage advantage, but were outscored by the Packers.
A knee injury to Lee Roy Selmon meant that all three of their players selected with first-round draft picks were out with injuries. George Ragsdale, Johnny Davis, Jim Obradovich, Neil O'Donoghue, and Danny Reece were also injured during the game, which left the Buccaneers with only three running backs on the roster.
The Buccaneers finished the game with only 37 healthy players, eight under the NFL roster limit. The 173 yards allowed was one of several team records set during the game, and the season total to date of 228 points equaled the team's total scoring of the first two seasons combined. Ragsdale's 14-yard touchdown run was their longest touchdown run of the year. Ragsdale, having been knocked cold, was unable to hear the crowd's applause.
The Packers scored on a 10-yard David Whitehurst pass to James Lofton, a 27-yard Chester Marcol field goal, and a 1-yard Barty Smith run. The win broke the Packers’ four-game losing streak.
- REFEREE: Chuck Heberling
- UMPIRE: Bill Ross
- LINE JUDGE: Bruce Alford
- HEAD LINESMAN: Al Sabato
- BACK JUDGE: Paul Baetz
- FIELD JUDGE: Bill Stanley
- SIDE JUDGE: Dave Parry
- PACKERS: 07:15-1Q Lofton 10 pass from Whitehurst (Marcol kick)
- PACKERS: 04:42-1Q Marcol FG27
- BUCCANEERS: 11:09-2Q Ragsdale 14 run (O'Donoghue kick)
- PACKERS: 01:58-2Q Smith 1 run (Marcol kick)
- WR: #89 J. McKay
- LT: #75 D. Reavis
- LG: #64 G. Horton
- C: #79 S. Wilson
- RG: #72 G. Puetz
- RT: #70 D. Carlton
- TE: #88 J. Giles
- WR: #85 M. Owens
- QB: #15 M. Rae
- FB: #38 J. Davis
- TB: #32 L. Carter
- LE: #73 C. Hannah
- RT: #76 D. Pear
- RE: #63 L. Selmon
- LOLB: #57 D. Lewis
- LILB: #61 D. Selmon
- RILB: #54 R. Wood
- ROLB: #56 C. Johnson
- LCB: #45 J. White
- RCB: #40 M. Washington
- SS: #33 M. Cotney
- FS: #34 C. Brown
- 4 Green, 6 O'Donoghue, 19 Huff, 23 Ragsdale, 25 Jordan, 28 White, 41 Farmer, 46 Reece, 51 Nafziger, 52 Harris, 53 Bonness, 55 Brown, 60 Chambers, 65 Johnson, 68 Medlin, 71 Crowder, 74 Freitas, 77 Kollar, 83 Grant, 86 Obradovich, 87 Mucker
DID NOT PLAY
- 12 Williams, 42 Bell
- BUCCANEERS: Ragsdale 12-70, Carter 12-29, Rae 5-29, Davis 5-21, White 5-16, Mucker 1-12.
- PACKERS: Middleton 12-30, Smith 8-21, Culbreath 2-9, Torkelson 2-3, Simpson 2-5, Whitehurst 4-(-3).
- BUCCANEERS: Rae 31-14-178-2-0, Carter 1-0-0-0-0.
- PACKERS: Whitehurst 19-13-113-1-1.
- BUCCANEERS: Carter 6-66, Owens 3-38, White 2-31, Giles 2-25, McKay 1-18.
- PACKERS: Lofton 3-39, Smith 3-21, Middleton 3-20, Thompson 2-23, McGeorge 1-5, Torkelson 1-5.
- BUCCANEERS: Washington 1-8.
- PACKERS: Hood 1-18, McCoy 1-11.
- BUCCANEERS: Ragsdale 2-42, Giles 1-10.
- PACKERS: Thompson 1-31, Sampson 1-23.
- BUCCANEERS: Reece 4-29.
- PACKERS: Gray 3-43.
- BUCCANEERS: Hannah 0.5-2.5, Lewis 0.5-2.5.
- PACKERS: Barzilauskas 2-15, Anderson 1-10, Roller 1-5, Butler 1-4.