LOSS - Tampa Bay Buccaneers 09 Detroit Lions 30
The Buccaneers were held without a touchdown for the first time in 21 games, despite two first-and-goal situations inside the Lions' five-yard line. The first resulted in a field goal which gave them only their second lead of the season.
The Buccaneers committed three fumbles, while allowing 315 yards to the Lions' 27th-ranked offense.
Buccaneer pass-rushers got four sacks, almost as many as their total in the first three games, but the secondary was victimized for numerous big plays. Karl Morgan forced Eric Hipple to fumble on one of his two sacks, while Dave Logan and Hugh Green also got to Hipple. Mark Nichols beat Jeremiah Castille twice for touchdowns.
- REFEREE: Jerry Markbreit
- UMPIRE: Ben Montgomery
- LINE JUDGE: Howard Roe
- HEAD LINESMAN: Dale Hamer
- BACK JUDGE: Tom Kelleher
- FIELD JUDGE: Bill Stanley
- SIDE JUDGE: Merrill Douglas
- BUCCANEERS: 04:24-1Q Igwebuike FG21
- LIONS: 10:48-2Q Murray FG22
- BUCCANEERS: 04:31-2Q Igwebuike FG32
- LIONS: 00:02-2Q Nichols 4 pass from Hipple (Murray kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 08:46-3Q Igwebuike FG20
- LIONS: 04:19-3Q Murray FG33
- LIONS: 00:00-3Q Murray FG39
- LIONS: 08:45-4Q Nichols 9 pass from Hipple (Murray kick)
- LIONS: 01:57-4Q Hipple 1 run (Murray kick)
- WR: #89 K. House
- LT: #66 G. Yarno
- LG: #72 S. Courson
- C: #60 R. Grimes
- RG: #62 S. Farrell
- RT: #73 R. Heller
- TE: #88 J. Giles
- WR: #87 G. Carter
- QB: #17 S. DeBerg
- TE: #82 J. Ball
- RB: #32 J. Wilder
- LE: #78 J. Cannon
- NT: #76 D. Logan
- RE: #90 R. Holmes
- LOLB: #51 C. Washington
- LILB: #58 J. Davis
- RILB: #52 S. Brantley
- ROLB: #53 H. Green
- LCB: #23 J. Castille
- RCB: #21 J. Holt
- SS: #40 D. Greenwood
- FS: #44 I. Sully
- 1 Igwebuike, 5 Garcia, 7 Risher, 20 Springs, 24 Prior, 29 Bright, 31 Curry, 40 Armstrong, 47 Dombrowski, 54 Randle, 56 Johnson, 57 Browner, 64 Shearin, 65 Fielder, 67 Morgan, 68 Mallory, 79 Kaplan, 81 Freeman, 85 Witte, 86 Magee,
DID NOT PLAY
- 8 Young, 75 Lindstrom, 83 T Bell
- BUCCANEERS: Wilder 27-104, Springs 3-15.
- LIONS: Montgomery 16-77, Hipple 3-11, Kane 2-7, Moore 3-(-1).
- BUCCANEERS: DeBerg 31-19-193-1-0.
- LIONS: Hipple 31-19-250-0-2.
- BUCCANEERS: Wilder 7-57, J.Bell 6-54, Carter 2-29, Springs 2-22, Giles 1-18, House 1-13.
- LIONS: Chadwick 5-98, Nichols 4-35, Lewis 3-71, Montgomery 3-16, Thompson 2-18, McDonald 1-8, Kane 1-4.
- BUCCANEERS: none.
- LIONS: Johnson 1-19.
- BUCCANEERS: Freeman 3-62, Bright 2-62.
- LIONS: Hall 2-52.
- BUCCANEERS: Bright 3-20.
- LIONS: Mandley 3-16.
- BUCCANEERS: Morgan 2-11, Logan 1-9, Green 1-9.
- LIONS: Johnson 1-15, English 1-9. Gay 1-9, Graham 1-2.