WON - Tampa Bay Buccaneers 41 New York Jets 21
***HISTORIC MARKER*** Tampa Bay's final game with John McKay as coach. Also the team's 41 points were their most ever, while they broke season records for points, yards, passing yards, passing touchdowns and rushing touchdowns. Kevin House became the only Buccaneer with two 1,000-yard receiving seasons, while four different receivers broke the team record of 57 receptions. Steve DeBerg set several quarterback records, and Obed Ariri set a team mark with his 19th field goal. House and Gerald Carter's combined 176 catches was the most by any NFL receiving duo, although Mark Clayton and Mark Duper had an opportunity to pass them, with one game yet to play.
The victory was considered tainted, due to a controversial Buccaneers decision to permit the Jets to score a fourth-quarter touchdown in order that the Buccaneers could get the ball back in an attempt to help James Wilder break the NFL record in yards from scrimmage.
- REFEREE: Fred Silva
- UMPIRE: Tom Hensley
- LINE JUDGE: Bob Beeks
- HEAD LINESMAN: Norm Kragseth
- BACK JUDGE: Pete Liske
- FIELD JUDGE: Don Orr
- SIDE JUDGE: Dave Parry
- BUCCANEERS: 08:54-1Q Ariri FG37
- BUCCANEERS: 07:07-1Q Wilder 6 run (Ariri kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 06:11-2Q J.Bell 3 pass from DeBerg (Ariri kick)
- JETS: 01:11-2Q Dennison 5 pass from O'Brien (Leahy kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 08:45-3Q Ariri FG35
- BUCCANEERS: 14:55-4Q J.Bell 13 pass from DeBerg (Ariri kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 12:15-4Q Carroll 4 pass from DeBerg (Ariri kick)
- JETS: 03:22-4Q Paige 3 pass from O'Brien (Leahy kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 01:21-4Q Wilder 4 run (Ariri kick)
- JETS: 00:54-4Q Hector 2 run (Leahy kick)
- WR: #89 K. House
- LT: #79 K. Kaplan
- LG: #72 S. Courson
- C: #60 R. Grimes
- RG: #62 S. Farrell
- RT: #73 R. Heller
- TE: #82 J. Bell
- WR: #87 G. Carter
- QB: #17 S. DeBerg
- TE: #86 J. Carroll
- TB: #32 J. Wilder
- LE: #78 J. Cannon
- NT: #76 D. Logan
- RE: #63 L. Selmon
- LOLB: #57 K. Browner
- LILB: #58 J. Davis
- RILB: #52 S. Brantley
- ROLB: #53 H. Green
- LCB: #23 J. Castille
- RCB: #27 F. Acorn
- LS: #33 M. Cotney
- RS: #43 B. Reece
- 2 Ariri, 5 Garcia, 20 Morton, 24 Harvey, 29 Bright, 31 Curry, 38 Peoples, 46 Armstrong, 50 Wilson, 51 Washington, 54 Wood, 55 Spradlin, 59 Thompson, 70 Thomas, 71 Braggs, 74 Sanders, 77 Bujnoch, 81 Dixon, 83 T Bell, 84 Thomas, 85 Witte
DID NOT PLAY
- 14 Thompson, 21 Holt, 25 Dierking, 41 Thomas, 67 Morgan, 88 Giles
- BUCCANEERS: Hector 10-45, Minter 10-44, O'Brien 3-2.
- JETS: Wilder 31-103, DeBerg 1-13.
- BUCCANEERS: DeBerg 34-26-280-0-3.
- JETS: O'Brien 34-19-201-2-2.
- BUCCANEERS: Wilder 9-60, House 6-70, Carter 4-57, J.Bell 3-47, Carroll 2-21, Armstrong 1-18, T.Bell 1-7.
- JETS: Hector 6-41, Jones 4-43, Shuler 3-70, Walker 2-26, Paige 2-13, Dennison 1-5, Minter 1-3.
- BUCCANEERS: Castille 1-30, Cotney 1-24.
- JETS: none.
- BUCCANEERS: Bright 1-17.
- JETS: Minter 5-107, Humphrey 1-22, Davidson 1-9.
- BUCCANEERS: Bright 1-21, Z.Thomas 1-7.
- JETS: Minter 1-8.
- BUCCANEERS: Selmon 2-17, Cannon 2-13, Green 2-10.
- JETS: Gastineau 2-21, Bennett 1-10, Faurot 1-10, Carter 1-9.