LOSS - Tampa Bay Buccaneers 03 New York Giants 17
Hoping to build on their dramatic home win over the Eagles, the Buccaneers flew to Giants Stadium for their Week 8 game with the New York Giants.
Buccaneers CB Ronde Barber would be facing his brother, RB Tiki Barber for the last time in NFL competition as the latter planned to retire after the season. In the first quarter, Tampa Bay fell behind early, as QB Eli Manning completed a 7-yard TD pass to WR Plaxico Burress for the only score of the period. In the second quarter, the Buccaneers' woes continued as Giants RB Brandon Jacobs got a 1-yard TD run. Kicker Matt Bryant would get Tampa Bay a 43-yard field goal, but that would all of the points that the Bucs would get, because after a scoreless third quarter, Giants kicker Jay Feely kicked a 31-yard field goal to put the game away.
With their loss, the Buccaneers fell to 2–5.
- REFEREE: Jeff Triplette
- UMPIRE: Jim Quirk
- HEAD LINESMAN: Jim Mello
- LINE JUDGE: Jeff Seeman
- SIDE JUDGE: Greg Meyer
- FIELD JUDGE: Duke Carroll
- BACK JUDGE: Gregory Steed
- REPLAY OFFICIAL: Mark Burns
- VIDEO OPERATOR: Ted Campbell
- GIANTS: 03:27-1Q Burress 7 pass from Manning (Feely kick)
- GIANTS: 08:50-2Q Jacobs 1 run (Feely kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 00:58-2Q Bryant FG43
- GIANTS: 03:43-4Q Feely FG31
- WR: #84 J. Galloway
- LT: #69 A. Davis
- LG: #79 S. Mahan
- C: #76 J. Wade
- RG: #75 D. Joseph
- RT: #65 J. Trueblood
- TE: #88 A. Becht
- WR: #80 M. Clayton
- QB: #07 B. Gradkowski
- RB: #24 C. Williams
- FB: #40 M. Alstott
- DE: #94 G. Spires
- DT: #95 C. Hovan
- DT: #96 E. Wyms
- DE: #97 S. Rice
- OLB: #56 R. Nece
- MLB: #53 S. Quarles
- OLB: #55 D. Brooks
- LCB: #21 J. Bolden
- RCB: #20 R. Barber
- SS: #23 J. Phillips
- FS: #26 W. Allen
- 3 Bryant, 9 Bidwell, 19 Hilliard, 27 Cox, 32 Pittman, 34 Graham, 39 Pearson, 46 Adams, 50 Winborn, 51 Ruud, 52 Cash, 54 Mallard, 72 Buenning, 74 Green, 81 Smith, 82 Warren, 83 Moore, 90 White, 98 Bradley
DID NOT PLAY
- 13 Rattay, 31 Buchanon, 71 Haye, 86 Jolleys
- 2 Simms, 29 Zemaitis, 33 Sowell, 70 Penn, 77 Terry, 85 Stovall, 89 Jones, 91 Jenkins
- BUCCANEERS: Williams 8-20, Gradkowski 3-18, Pittman 2-2.
- GIANTS: Barber 26-68, Jacobs 7-41, Toomer 1-0, Manning 1-(-1).
- BUCCANEERS: Gradkowski 48-20-139-0-0.
- GIANTS: Manning 31-16-154-0-1.
- BUCCANEERS: Pittman 5-38, Williams 5-34, Galloway 4-32, Becht 2-16, Smith 2-12, Clayton 1-4, Hilliard 1-3.
- GIANTS: Burress 7-86, Barber 3-20, Shockey 3-15, Shiancoe 1-13, Toomer 1-12, Finn 1-8.
- BUCCANEERS: none.
- GIANTS: none.
- BUCCANEERS: Graham 1-13, Adams 1-0.
- GIANTS: Morton 2-35..
- BUCCANEERS: Hilliard 6-39.
- GIANTS: Morton 4-28.
- BUCCANEERS: Wyms 1-6, Rice 1-5.
- GIANTS: Kiwanuka 1-5, Torbor 1-0.