LOSS - Tampa Bay Buccaneers 29 Atlanta Falcons 34
WATCH ME PULL A RABBIT FROM MY HELMET!
In five years what will be remembered about this game? Two (2) items... #1 The Buccaneers' game ending, last second, Winston "Crazy-Play" that almost worked. The Buccaneers' loss against our NFC South rivalry moves the team to 2-3 on the season, with Winston losing his only start so far this season.Embed from Getty Images
"Crazy-Play" Tampa Bay had one more trick up its sleeve before time ran out against the Falcons. It was crazy enough to work. Almost. Winston ran for the first down with seven seconds left, then tossed the ball laterally to receiver Adam Humphries. He bobbled it to wideout Mike Evans, who then tried to lob it to wide receiver DeSean Jackson. He missed the toss, which based on observation, if he had gained control, had a possible lane towards the endzone, however, not today, the game was over.
#2 Mike Evans sets franchise receiving yards record.
As you can imagine, Buccaneers fans are proud that a 25-year-old now holds the record for career receiving yards with our Super Bowl-winning franchise. Quite an accomplishment for only his fifth NFL season.
The former Texas A&M Aggie has been a reliable wideout for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. So reliable, in fact, that in only four-plus seasons he has become the franchise record holder for receiving yards. With his 19-yard catch in the first quarter of the Tampa Bay-Atlanta game, Evans recorded receiving yard No. 5,005, making him the Buccaneers’ new all-time leader. When someone starts the Fan-Pool put us down for over 10,000+ Buccaneers career yards.Embed from Getty Images
GAMEDAY BRIEF - END OF GAME - Final score Buccaneers 29 - Falcons 34
00:07: Buccaneers, 3-10 (shotgun) Crazy-Play Wild Draw, Winston with seconds left, up the middle to ATL 8 for 13 yards. FUMBLES, actually a pitch-back was touched at ATL 8, recovered by TB-Evans at ATL 5. Evans to ATL 5 for no gain. FUMBLES, another pitch-back, ball went out of bounds at ATL 8. - Game Clock expires.
00:12: Buccaneers, 2-10 (shotgun) Winston pass incomplete short left to Jackson
00:15: Buccaneers, 1-10 (No Huddle) Winston spiked the ball to stop the clock.
00:28: Buccaneers, 1-10 (No Huddle, Shotgun) Winston pass deep left to Humphries to ATL 21 for 19 yards (B.Poole).
00:51: Buccaneers, 1-10 (No Huddle, Shotgun) Winston pass short right to Evans to ATL 40 for 18 yards (Trufant).
00:59: Buccaneers, 2-10 (Shotgun) Winston pass deep right to Jackson to TB 42 for 18 yards (Kazee). Penalty on ATL-Poole, Defensive Holding, declined.
01:04: Buccaneers, 1-10 @ TB 24 (Shotgun) Winston pass incomplete short left to A.Humphries.
01:04: Falcons FIELD GOAL, The Falcons sent Bryant to attempt a 58 yard kick from the TB 39. A miss would give the Buccaneers possesion midfield. Bryant nailed the kick, injuring himself in the process. Buccaneers 29 - Falcons 34.
03:37: Falcons, The Buccaneers held the Falcons during this 8 play, 36 yard drive that expired 13:50 of the play clock - Falcons call Bryant out for a risky 58 yard field goal attenmpt.
03:52: TOUCHDOWN, BUCCANEERS; (shotgun) Winston pass short middle to Barber for 5 yard touchdown, Catanzaro extra point is GOOD, Center-G.Sanborn, Holder-B.Anger. Buccaneers 29 - Falcons 31
06:28: Buccaneers, The next drive sets up Winston's fourth touchdown of the game, 10 plays, 75 yards with 8:32 off regulation play.
06:34: Falcons TOUCHDOWN, After a good play fake Ryan took advantage of Taylor's overly-agressive play, leaving Colemon wide open for a short right pass for a 6 yard score Buccaneers 22 - Falcons 31.
11:40: TOUCHDOWN, BUCCANEERS; Winston pass short right to Godwin for 9 yard touchdown, Buccaneers decide on a Two-Point Conversion via a Winston pass to Evans, that was read perfectly by the defense McKinley, Attempt Fails. Buccaneers 22 - Falcons 24
15:00: Buccaneers, The next Tampa Bay drive of 7 plays, for 85 yards, was an excellent mix of runs and passes that included a Winston deep right pass to Jackson sets up Winston's third touchdown of the game, the 7 plays expired 3:26 off regulation play.
End of 3rd quarter: Buccaneers 16 - Falcons 24
00:19: Buccaneers, Barber left end to TB 39 for 24 yards
00:29: Falcons, 6 plays and 22 yards, the Buccaneers defense held strong only allowing the Falcons 22 yards this series. With the Tampa Bay defense finally pulling up the anchor with all three of the Falcons second half possessions ending with punts.
02:43: FIELD GOAL, BUCCANEERS; Catanzaro 35 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-Sanborn, Holder-Anger.. Buccaneers 16 - Falcons 24
03:26: Buccaneers, Tampa Bay drives for of 7 plays, and 43 yards, Falcons Crawford owned Benenoch with a spin move enabling him to sack Winston at ATL 17 for a 6 yard loss 4-11.
06:56: Falcons, The Buccaneers held the Falcons during this 9 play, (23) yard drive that included back-to-back penalties left the Falcons with a 1st-and-25 and Buccaneers Pierre-Paul captured his fifth sack in four games on third down to end the drive. Expired 3:41 of the play clock - Falcons call Bryant out for a risky 58 yard field goal attenmpt.
10:45: Buccaneers, begin series on the TB 40, four plays, and a very costly Auclair false start penalty later, from a (shotgun) on the ATL 7 Winston pass short middle intended for Godwin was batted into the air and INTERCEPTED by Poole in the end zone for a touchback ending the opportunity.
Halftime: Buccaneers 13 - Falcons 24
00:06: Falcons FIELD GOAL, The Falcons regained possesion of the ball with just :26 seconds left on the clock, they pushed 48 yards in just three plays. The end result was a made 45-yard field goal attempt to increase Atlanta’s lead. Buccaneers 13 - Falcons 24.
00:32: TOUCHDOWN, BUCCANEERS; (shotgun) Winston sailed into Falcon territory guickly, even after Falcons safety Poole landed a hit as Winston scrambled out of bounds resulting in a heated exchange, he returned to the field and next down connected with a short pass short left to Howard for 10 yards. Catanzaro extra point is GOOD, Center-Sanborn, Holder-Anger Buccaneers 13 - Falcons 21
07:38: Falcons TOUCHDOWN, 7 plays, 58 yards eating up 7:30 on the play clock, Ryan connected to Hooper with a short pass left for 9 yards and a TD. Extra point Bryant good. Buccaneers 06 - Falcons 21.
12:27: Falcons TOUCHDOWN, 14 plays, 86 yards eating up 7:23 on the play clock, Smith left guard for a 14 yard TD. Extra point Bryant good. Buccaneers 06 - Falcons 14.
End of 1st quarter: Buccaneers 00 - Falcons 07
08:29: Falcons TOUCHDOWN, 6 plays, 75 yards eating up 6:38 on the play clock, Ryan pass short left to Sanu for 35 yard TD. Extra point Bryant good. Buccaneers 06 - Falcons 07.
11:43: TOUCHDOWN, BUCCANEERS; (shotgun) Winston cannoned a short left pass to Brate for 15 yards and a touchdown. Catanzaro extra point is N0-GOOD, wide left, Center-Sanborn, Holder-Anger Buccaneers 06 - Falcons 00
11:47: Buccaneers, Begining drive of the Buccaneers is perfect. The team was in full sail with great pass protection, run blocking, and play-calling, giving Tampa Bay positive yards every play. 8 play series with 75 yard gain, lead up to a TD.
15:00: Falcons Bosher kicks 65 yards from ATL 35 to end zone, Touchback.
00:00: Falcons win coin toss and elect to defer. Buccaneers elected to defend the west goal.
- REFEREE: Walt Coleman
- UMPIRE: Jeff Rice
- DOWN JUDGE: Jerry Bergman
- LINE JUDGE: Mark Stewart
- FIELD JUDGE: Greg Gautreaux
- SIDE JUDGE: Jabir Walker
- BACK JUDGE: Greg Yette
- REPLAY OFFICAL: Darryll Lewis
- MICROSOFT SURFACE SIDELINE OFFICIAL: not documented
- BUCCANEERS: 11:36 C.Brate 15 yd. pass from J.Winston (kick failed, wl) (8-75, 3:24)
- FALCONS: 08:22 M.Sanu 35 yd. pass from M.Ryan (M.Bryant kick) (6-75, 3:14)
- FALCONS: 12:19 I.Smith 14 yd. run (M.Bryant kick) (14-86, 7:23)
- FALCONS: 07:30 A.Hooper 9 yd. pass from M.Ryan (M.Bryant kick) (7-58, 3:13)
- BUCCANEERS: 00:26 O.Howard 10 yd. pass from J.Winston (C.Catanzaro kick) (7-52, 2:55)
- FALCONS: 00:01 M.Bryant 45 yd. Field Goal (4-47, 0:25)
- BUCCANEERS: 02:39 C.Catanzaro 35 yd. Field Goal (7-43, 4:08)
- BUCCANEERS: 11:34 C.Godwin 9 yd. pass from J.Winston (pass failed) (7-85, 3:45)
- FALCONS: 06:28 T.Coleman 6 yd. pass from M.Ryan (M.Bryant kick) (10-75, 5:06)
- BUCCANEERS: 03:47 P.Barber 5 yd. pass from J.Winston (C.Catanzaro kick) (9-75, 2:41)
- WR: #11 D. Jackson
- TE: #82 A. Auclair
- LT: #76 D. Smith
- LG: #74 A. Marpet
- C: #66 R. Jensen
- RG: #77 C. Benenoch
- RT: #69 D. Dotson
- WR: #10 A. Humphries
- WR: #13 M. Evans
- QB: #03 J. Winston
- RB: #25 P. Barber
- DE: #97 V. Curry
- DT: #93 G. McCoy
- DT: #91 B. Allen
- DE: #90 J. Pierre-Paul
- SLB: #53 A. Taylor
- MLB: #58 K. Alexander
- WLB: #54 L. David
- CB: #29 R. Smith
- CB: #24 B. Grimes
- S: #31 J. Whitehead
- S: #21 J. Evans
- K 7 C.Catanzaro, P 9 B.Anger, WR 12 C.Godwin, WR 16 F.Martino, WR 17 J.Watson, S 26 A.Adams, RB 27 R.Jones, RB 32 J.Rodgers, DB 35 J.Elliott, CB 36 M.Stewart, S 39 I.Johnson, TE 45 A.Cross, LB 48 J.Cichy, DT 50 V.Vea, LB 52 C.Lynch, T 61 L.Wester, OL 62 E.Smith, TE 80 O.Howard, TE 84 C.Brate, LS 89 G.Sanborn, DE 92 W.Gholston, DE 94 C.Nassib
DID NOT PLAY
- QB 14 R.Fitzpatrick, DE 71 D.Harris
- 4QB 4 R.Griffin, CB 33 C.Davis, RB 38 S.Wilson, DE 56 R.Nunez-Roches, DE 57 N.Spence, OL 65 A.Cappa, OL 67 M.Liedtke
- BUCCANEERS: Barber 13-82, Winston 5-31, Jackson 1-7, Jones 1-3.
- FALCONS: Coleman 10-35, Smith 11-22, Ryan 1-13.
- BUCCANEERS: Winston 41-30-395-4-51.
- FALCONS: Ryan 41-31-354-3-35.
- BUCCANEERS: Godwin 6-56, Jackson 4-77, Howard 4-62, Evans 4-58, Barber 4-24, Humphries 3-82, Jones 3-16, Brate 1-15, Auclair 1-5.
- FALCONS: Jones 10-143, Hooper 9-71, Ridley 3-47, Hardy 3-33, Sanu 2-46, Smith 2-(-1), Gage 1-9, Coleman 1-6.
- BUCCANEERS: none
- FALCONS: Poole 1-0, Kazee 1-(-4).
- BUCCANEERS: Rodgers 2-31, Auclair 1-9, Touchbacks 4.
- FALCONS: Hall 1-19, Touchbacks 5-0.
- BUCCANEERS: Jackson 1-9, Humphries 1-6, Downed 1-0, out of bounds 1-0.
- FALCONS: Hardy 2-14.
- BUCCANEERS: J.Pierre-Paul 1-8.
- FALCONS: Crawford 1-6, Reed 1-0