WIN - Tampa Bay Buccaneers 23 Atlanta Falcons 17
The Buccaneers entered the game with the NFL's fourth-ranked run defense, but the Falcons were able to match the season-high rushing total of 181 yards that had been previously set by the Cardinals on September 18. John Settle broke several tackles in a 48-yard run, the longest against the Buccaneers all season, which set up Chris Miller's game-winning 37-yard touchdown pass to Michael Haynes.
Gerald Riggs rushed for 98 yards, while Settle gained 83. The Buccaneers outgained the Falcons in total yardage, but dropped passes and committed penalties and turnovers at key times. Vinny Testaverde's three interceptions gave him an NFL-leading total of 31 for the season. The game was played in a downpour, in front of an NFL season-low crowd of 14,020.
Calvin Magee suffered a season-ending knee injury, and was replaced by Jeff Parks, who had spent parts of the 1986–1988 seasons with the Oilers and the Packers. The team also cut wide receiver Joey Clinkscales, and replaced him with speedy former Vikings receiver Jeff Richardson.
- REFEREE: Tom White
- UMPIRE: Ed Fiffick
- LINE JUDGE: Jim Quirk
- SIDE JUDGE: Bill Carollo
- HEAD LINESMAN: Jerry Bergman
- BACK JUDGE: Bob Moore
- FIELD JUDGE: Don Orr
- REPLAY OFFICAL: Fritz Graf
- FALCONS: 0:09-1Q Johnson 3 run (Davis kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 5:44-2Q Drewrey 89 pass from Testaverde (Christie kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 0:25-2Q Christie FG39
- BUCCANEERS: 0:00-2Q Christie FG44
- FALCONS: 13:09-4Q Rozier 9 run (Davis kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 10:03-4Q Christie FG21
- FALCONS: 4:30-4Q Davis FG46
- BUCCANEERS: 0:39-4Q Carrier 35 pass from Testaverde (Christie kick)
- QB: #14 Testaverde
- LT: #74 Gruber
- LG: #73 McHale
- C: #60 Grimes
- RG: #62 Beckles
- RT: #72 Taylor
- WR: #84 Hill
- WR: #88 Carrier
- TE: #82 Hall
- FB: #33 Cobb
- RB: #40 Anderson
- LDE: #79 Davis
- NT: #91 White
- RDE: #93 Roland
- LOLB: #51 B. Thomas
- LILB: #99 Marve
- RILB: #58 Moss
- ROLB: #52 McCants
- LCB: #29 Reynolds
- SS: #30 Robinson
- FS: #39 Hamilton
- RCB: #45 Haddix
- 2 Christie, 3 Royals, 7 Carlson, 20 Harris, 26 Harvey, 31 Rice, 32 Perkins, 42 Everett, 53 Coleman, 54 Randle, 56 Anno, 59 Murphy, 61 Mayberry, 66 Wyatt, 70 Swayne, 75 Bax, 80 Pillow, 86 E Thomas, 87 Drewrey, 89 J Anderson, 96 Newton
DID NOT PLAY
- 17 Chandler, 81 Ford
- 69 Bruhin, 78 Cannon
- BUCCANEERS: G Anderson 5-20, Testaverde 4-16, Cobb 2-6.
- FALCONS: Rozier 23-115, Jones 6-41, Johnson 9-33, C.Miller 2-26, Settle 3-7.
- BUCCANEERS: Testaverde 33-17-351-1-2.
- FALCONS: C.Miller 13-4-66-3-0, Campbell 9-7-93-0-0.
- BUCCANEERS: Hill 4-43, Cobb 4-34, Hall 3-51, Drewrey 2-119, J Anderson 1-52, Carrier 1-35, G Anderson 1-11, Pillow 1-6.
- FALCONS: Collins 3-56, Rison 3-32, Wilkins 1-22, Thomas 1-22, Haynes 1-12, Milling 1-8, Dixon 1-7.
- BUCCANEERS: Reynolds 1-24, Haddix 1-20, Rice 1-4.
- FALCONS: Jordan 1-0.
- BUCCANEERS: G.Anderson 2-33, Harvey 2-33.
- FALCONS: Sanders 2-67.
- BUCCANEERS: Drewrey 2-26.
- FALCONS: Sanders 1-12.
- BUCCANEERS: Murphy 1-7.
- FALCONS: Green 2-15, Epps 1-5.