WON - Tampa Bay Buccaneers 27 Philadelphia Eagles 21
Fitzpatrick became the first quarterback in Buccaneers team history to throw four touchdowns in consecutive games, and the first to have multiple 75-yard passing touchdowns in a single game.
On the very first play from scrimmage, Fitzpatrick hit Jackson for an eye-opening 85-yard touchdown pass, then followed it up with a 75-yard catch-and-run to O.J. Howard in the second quarter. The Buccaneers only had two plays of 50-plus yards during the entire 2017 season.
QB Fitzpatrick then torpedoed a wide-open Chris Godwin in the end zone for an 8-yard strike and a 4-yard touchdown pass to Mike Evans in the third quarter.
"He's very locked in. He's heating up. It's fun to watch. We're very fortunate to have an experienced guy like him playing quarterback," Evans was quoted.
"We just developed a lot of confidence in the offseason," said Fitzpatrick, who got the majority of first-team reps during training camp and the preseason. "With how we worked and the way things were going, the rapport with the guys -- I think that confidence has carried over into the season."
The Evans touchdown catch, the 34th of his career, tied Jimmie Giles for the most touchdown catches in Buccaneers history, a record that has stood since 1986.
Not since the 2010 season have the Buccaneers sailed with an opening 2-0 record, setting up a major sea battle for the Week 3 Monday Night Football match against the Pittsburgh Steelers, and the tailgating buzzz of what happens with another win and QB Winston returning from his three-game suspension. WHAT A DECESSION TO MAKE.
- REFEREE: Alex Kemp
- UMPIRE: Richard Hall
- DOWN JUDGE: Thomas Symonette
- HEAD LINESMAN: Jeff Bergman
- SIDE JUDGE: Aaron Santi
- FIELD JUDGE: John Jenkins
- BACK JUDGE: Steve Freeman
- REPLAY OFFICIAL: Michael Chase
- MICROSOFT SURFACE SIDELINE OFFICIAL: not documented
- BUCCANEERS: 14:49-1Q Jackson 75 yd. pass from Fitzpatrick (Catanzaro kick) (1-75, 0:11)
- EAGLES: 04:51-2Q Clement 15 yd. run (Elliott kick) (13-78, 6:09)
- BUCCANEERS: 04:39-2Q Howard 75 yd. pass from Fitzpatrick (kick failed, wr) (1-75, 0:12)
- BUCCANEERS: 00:42-2Q Godwin 8 yd. pass from Fitzpatrick (Catanzaro kick) (6-70, 1:44)
- BUCCANEERS: 09:19-3Q Evans 4 yd. pass from Fitzpatrick (Catanzaro kick) (7-54, 3:17)
- EAGLES: 00:09-3Q Ajayi 2 yd. run (Elliott kick) (9-84, 3:42)
- EAGLES: 02:51-4Q Agholor 2 yd. pass from Foles (Elliott kick) (8-78, 3:50)
- WR: #11 D. Jackson
- TE: #45 A. Cross
- LT: #76 D. Smith
- LG: #74 A. Marpet
- C: #66 R. Jensen
- RG: #77 C. Benenoch
- RT: #69 D. Dotson
- TE: #80 O. Howard
- WR: #13 M. Evans
- QB: #14 R. Fitzpatrick
- RB: #25 P. Barber
- DE: #97 V. Curry
- DT: #93 G. McCoy
- DT: #91 B. Allen
- DE: #90 J. Pierre-Paul
- CB: #36 M. Stewart
- MLB: #58 K. Alexander
- LB: #54 L. David
- CB: #33 C. Davis
- CB: #29 R. Smith
- S: #23 C. Conte
- S: #21 J. Evans
- K 7 C.Catanzaro, P 9 B.Anger, WR 10 A.Humphries, WR 12 C.Godwin, WR 16 F.Martino, DB 22 M.Williams, S 31 J.Whitehead, RB 32 J.Rodgers, DB 35 J.Elliott, RB 38 S.Wilson, S 39 I.Johnson, LB 48 J.Cichy, LB 52 C.Lynch, LB 53 A.Taylor, DE 56 J.Worthy, T 61 L.Wester, OL 62 E.Smith, TE 82 A.Auclair, TE 84 C.Brate, LS 89 G.Sanborn, DE 92 W.Gholston, DE 94 C.Nassib, DE 95 W.Clarke
DID NOT PLAY
- WR 17 J.Watson, CB 24 B.Grimes, RB 27 R.Jones, DT 50 V.Vea, DE 57 N.Spence, OL 65 A.Cappa, OL 67 M.Liedtke
- 4 Griffin, 17 Dye, 33 McFadden, 74 Marpet, 87 Seferian- Jenkins, 91 Shirley, 94 Johnson.
- QB 3 Jameis Winston (game 2-of-3)
- BUCCANEERS: Barber 9-23, Rodgers 4-13, Wilson 1-9, Fitzpatrick 1-(-1).
- EAGLES: Clement 6-30, Smallwood 5-24, Ajayi 4-17, Foles 3-8, Agholor 1-2.
- BUCCANEERS: Fitzpatrick 26-20-333-4-1.
- EAGLES: Foles 34-25-248-0-0.
- BUCCANEERS: Evans 12-10, Godwin 6-5, Jackson 4-4, Howard 4-3, Rodgers 3-3, Humphries 2-1, Barber 2-1.
- EAGLES: ERtz 10-9, Agholor 9-5, Clement 5-5, Aiken 5-4, Perkins 3-1, Smallwood 1-1.
- BUCCANEERS: none.
- EAGLES: Darby 1-16.
- BUCCANEERS: Humphries 1-13, 3-touchbacks.
- EAGLES: none all touchbacks.
- BUCCANEERS: Humphries 3-18, Jackson 1-11, 1-touchback.
- EAGLES: Clement 2-13, Agholor 1-0, 2-downed.
- BUCCANEERS: Alexander 1-0, Pierre-Paul 1-4, McCoy 1-9.
- EAGLES: Bradham 1-2, Cox 1-7.