LOSS - Tampa Bay Buccaneers 21 Philadelphia Eagles 23
The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Super Bowl championship team reunited in attendance for the game.
During halftime, a ceremony was held to honor the reunited 2002 Super Bowl team. More than 50 players and coaches from the 2002 Super Bowl team gathered to celebrate the 10-year anniversary of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' first ever Super Bowl Championship. Among those who attended the reunion were former head coach Jon Gruden, former defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin, Derrick Brooks, John Lynch, Warren Sapp, Brad Johnson, Mike Alstott, and Keyshawn Johnson. Ronde Barber was part of the 2002 Super Bowl team, but was playing on the field for Tampa Bay.
During the game Buccaneer Josh Freeman threw for 189 yards and 2 touchdowns. Doug Martin rushed for 128 yards and scored a rushing touchdown during the fourth quarter. Martin broke Cadillac William's rookie rushing yard record during the game. Vicent Jackson had 131 receiving yards. In the third quarter, Mike Williams caught a 1-yard pass from Freeman. In the fourth quarter, Jackson caught a 13-yard pass from Freeman.
The Tampa Bay defense held the eagles offense to only 29 total rushing yards. The Tampa Bay defense had 6 sacks throughout the game. Lavonte David had a sack, Daniel Teo-nesheim had a sack, Michael Bennett had two sacks, and Gerald McCoy had two as well. Ronde Barber led the team in tackles.
- REFEREE: Ron Winter
- UMPIRE: Carl Paganelli
- LINE JUDGE: Gary Arthur
- SIDE JUDGE: Tom Hill
- HEAD LINESMAN: Jim Howey
- BACK JUDGE: Gregory Steed
- FIELD JUDGE: Scott Steenson
- REPLAY OFFICIAL: Jim Lapetina
- VIDEO OPERATOR: not documented
- EAGLES: 07:13-2Q Henery FG28
- EAGLES: 01:40-2Q Foles 10 run (Henery kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 11:35-3Q Williams 1 pass from Freeman (Barth kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 14:26-4Q Jackson 13 pass from Freeman (Barth kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 07:21-4Q Martin 4 run (Barth kick)
- EAGLES: 03:55-4Q Harbor 11 pass from Foles (pass failed)
- EAGLES: 00:00-4Q Maclin 1 pass from Foles (Henery kick)
- WR: #83 V. Jackson
- LT: #70 D. Penn
- LG: #76 J. Zuttah
- C: #62 T. Larsen
- RG: #79 J. Meredith
- RT: #69 D. Dotson
- TE: #88 L. Stocker
- WR: #19 M. Williams
- QB: #05 J. Freeman
- RB: #22 D Martin
- WR: #11 T. Underwood
- LE: #71 M. Bennett
- DT: #93 G. McCoy
- DT: #95 G. Gibson
- RE: #50 D. Te'o-Nesheim
- SLB: #59 M. Foster
- WLB: #54 L. David
- LCB: #31 E. Biggers
- RCB: #29 L. Johnson
- SS: #24 M. Barron
- FS: #20 R. Barber
- CB: #26 A. Gaitor
- 9 Koenen, 10 Barth, 12 Parrish, 23 M.Lewis, 27 Blount, 28 Ware, 36 Gorrer, 37 Tandy, 41 Lorig, 43 A Black, 44 Clark, 48 Economos, 51 Cutrera, 56 Watson, 57 Hayward, 73 Allen, 74 Wallace, 80 Owusu, 82 Byham, 91 Bowers, 96 Irvin, 98 Morgan
DID NOT PLAY
- 6 Orlovsky, 78 Levingston
- 30 L.Lewis, 34 Smith, 53 Goode, 84 Gilreath, 89 Douglas, 90 Miller, 97 Masiflio
- BUCCANEERS: Martin 28-128, Freeman 2-13, Blount 1-2, Ware 1-(-7).
- EAGLES: Foles 3-27, Brown 12-6, Lewis 1-(-4).
- BUCCANEERS: Freeman 34-14-189-0-2.
- EAGLES: Foles 51-32-381-0-2.
- BUCCANEERS: Jackson 6-131, Williams 3-18, Martin 3-4, Clark 1-19, Underwood 1-17.
- EAGLES: Maclin 9-104, Avant 7-133, Harbor 6-42, Cooper 4-37, Johnson 2-20, Brown 2-6, Lewis 1-28, Celek 1-1.
- BUCCANEERS: none.
- EAGLES: none.
- BUCCANEERS: Underwood 2-47.
- EAGLES: Boykin 2-55, Lewis 1-33.
- BUCCANEERS: Parrish 4-63.
- EAGLES: Johnson 5-35.
- BUCCANEERS: McCoy 2-18, Bennett 2-18, Te'o-Nesheim 1-7, David 1-0.
- EAGLES: Cox 1-8, Jenkins 1-3.