LOSS - Tampa Bay Buccaneers 14 Philadelphia Eagles 33
Hoping for their first win of the season, the Buccaneers flew to Lincoln Financial Field for a Week 5 duel with the Philadelphia Eagles. Tampa Bay would immediately trail in the first quarter as Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb hooked up with wide receiver Jeremy Maclin on a 51-yard touchdown pass. Philadelphia would increase their lead in the second quarter with McNabb completing a 20-yard touchdown pass to fullback Leonard Weaver.
The Buccaneers would get on the board with quarterback Josh Johnson's 9-yard touchdown pass to tight end Kellen Winslow, but the Eagles would close out the first half with McNabb finding Maclin again on a 40-yard touchdown 40-yard touchdown pass.
In the third quarter, Philadelphia would increase their lead with running back Brian Westbrook getting a 7-yard touchdown run. The Eagles would then start off the fourth quarter with kicker David Akers nailing a 44-yard field goal.
The Buccaneers tried to rally as Johnson connected with Winslow again on a 9-yard touchdown pass, but Philadelphia closed out the game with defensive end Darren Howard tackling running back Cadillac Williams in his endzone for a safety.
- REFEREE: Terry McAulay
- UMPIRE: Paul King
- LINE JUDGE: Mark Steinkerchner
- SIDE JUDGE: Michael Banks
- HEAD LINESMAN: Tony Veteri
- BACK JUDGE: Gregory Steed
- FIELD JUDGE: Terry Brown
- REPLAY OFFICIAL: Earnie Frantz
- VIDEO OPERATOR: not documented
- EAGLES: 12:18-1Q Maclin 51 pass from McNabb (Akers kick)
- EAGLES: 04:40-2Q Weaver 20 pass from McNabb (Akers kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 01:55-2Q Winslow 9 pass from Johnson (Andrus kick)
- EAGLES: 01:34-2Q Maclin 40 pass from McNabb (Akers kick)
- EAGLES: 08:06-3Q Westbrook 7 run (Akers kick)
- EAGLES: 12:08-4Q Akers FG44
- BUCCANEERS: 07:17-4Q Winslow 9 pass from Johnson (Andrus kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 00:58-4Q Safety - Williams tackled in endzone
- WR: #80 M. Clayton
- LT: #70 D. Penn
- LG: #76 J. Zuttah
- C: #79 S. Mahan
- RG: #75 D. Joseph
- RT: #65 J. Trueblood
- TE: #82 K. Winslow
- TE: #86 J. Stevens
- QB: #11 J. Johnson
- RB: #24 C. Williams
- WR: #89 A. Bryant
- LE: #97 J. Wilkerson
- DT: #98 R. Sims
- DT: #95 C. Hovan
- RE: #90 G. Adams
- SLB: #58 Q. Black
- MLB: #51 B. Ruud
- WLB: #54 G. Hayes
- LCB: #25 A. Talib
- RCB: #20 R. Barber
- SS: #21 S. Piscitelli
- FS: #36 T. Jackson
- 3 Andrus, 8 D Johnson, 18 Stroughter, 22 Smith, 26 Allen, 27 Cox, 28 Ward, 33 Mack, 35 Askew, 48 Economos, 50 McCoy, 53 Koutouvides, 56 Wilson, 57 Hayward, 72 M Johnson, 85 Stovall, 87 Clark, 88 Gilmore, 91 White, 93 Miller, 96 Crowder
DID NOT PLAY
- 5 Freeman, 61 Compas
- 7 Leftwich, 34 Graham, 41 Lynch, 52 Faine, 62 Dile, 69 Dotson, 92 D.Moore, 94 K.Moore
- BUCCANEERS: Johnson 5-40, Ward 6-37, Williams 10-8, Askew 1-0.
- EAGLES: McNabb 2-30, Westbrook 6-18, McCoy 6-14, Vick 4-10, Weaver 2-4, Jackson 1-0.
- BUCCANEERS: Johnson 50-26-240-3-2.
- EAGLES: McNabb 21-16-264-0-3, Vick 3-1-1-0-0.
- BUCCANEERS: Winslow 9-102, Bryant 5-62, Clayton 3-25, Stroughter 3-18, Williams 3-8, Penn 1-15, Gilmore 1-9, Stevens 1-1.
- EAGLES: Maclin 6-142, Celek 4-58, Westbrook 2-17, McCoy 2-15, Weaver 1-20, Avant 1-12, Jackson 1-1.
- BUCCANEERS: none.
- EAGLES: Samuel 2-46, Brown 1-0.
- BUCCANEERS: Smith 3-27.
- EAGLES: Jackson 1-4.
- BUCCANEERS: Smith 4-120.
- EAGLES: Hobbs 1-21, Weaver 1-18, Jackson 1-0.
- BUCCANEERS: Wilkerson 3-16.
- EAGLES: Abimiri 1-9, Gocong 1-8, Cole 1-5.