LOSS - Tampa Bay Buccaneers 13 Philadelphia Eagles 17
Originally this game was to be played back in week 2 and was thought to be a highly anticipated rematch from last season's wild card round. But due to 9/11, it was rescheduled for week 18.
With possible playoff implications on the line, the game was moved to Sunday Night Football. Going into the game though, both teams found themselves locked into their respective playoff seeds. Regardless of the outcome of this game, Tampa Bay would be the #6 seed in the NFC, and Philadelphia would be the #3 seed, and they would meet six days later at Veterans Stadium. Therefore, both teams rested many of their starters, and the game was considered largely inconsequential and lost a lot of its luster.
With several players inactive, such as Keyshawn Johnson, Warrick Dunn, Martin Gramatica, and with quarterback Brad Johnson playing only in the first drive, the offense sputtered. Tampa Bay held a 13–3 lead deep into the fourth quarter.
With 2:19 to go, Eagles back-up quarterback A. J. Feeley connected with Dameane Douglas for their first touchdown, and narrowed the lead to 13–10. On the ensuing kickoff, Karl "The Truth" Williams fumbled the return at the Tampa Bay 24-yard line, and it was recovered by Philadelphia. Two plays later, Feeley and Douglas took the lead with their second touchdown. Philadelphia managed to score 14 points in 25 seconds, and held on to win the unusual, rather lackadaisical game.
- REFEREE: Walt Coleman
- UMPIRE: Undrey Wash
- LINE JUDGE: Ron Phares
- SIDE JUDGE: Dave Wyant
- HEAD LINESMAN: Paul Weidner
- BACK JUDGE: Ron Spitler
- FIELD JUDGE: Keven Mack
- REPLAY OFFICIAL: Dave Orem
- VIDEO OPERATOR: Bud Alexander
- BUCCANEERS: 04:50-1Q Brien FG42
- BUCCANEERS: 14:56-2Q Stecker 4 run (Brien kick)
- EAGLES: 09:18-2Q Akers FG47
- BUCCANEERS: 00:19-2Q Brien FG23
- EAGLES: 02:12-4Q Douglas 2 pass from Feeley (Akers kick)
- EAGLES: 01:46-4Q Douglas 24 pass from Feeley (Akers kick)
- WR: #81 J. Green
- LT: #67 K. Walker
- LG: #64 R. McDonald
- C: #62 J. Christy
- RG: #60 C. Coleman
- RT: #71 J. Wunsch
- TE: #83 D. Moore
- WR: #86 K. Williams
- QB: #14 B. Johnson
- RB: #40 M. Alstott
- TE: #80 T. Yoder
- LE: #94 S. White
- NT: #92 A. McFarland
- DT: #99 W. Sapp
- RE: #97 S. Rice
- SLB: #53 S. Quarles
- MLB: #55 N. Webster
- WLB: #55 D. Brooks
- LCB: #25 B. Kelly
- RCB: #20 R. Barber
- SS: #47 J. Lynch
- FS: #34 D. Jackson
- 3 Royals, 4 Brien, 10 King, 21 Abraham, 22 Stecker, 26 Smith, 27 Abdullah, 38 Howell, 43 Cook, 46 Gibson, 50 Gooch, 51 Singleton,, 69 Pierson, 75 Washington, 76 Curry, 84 McDermott, 87 Murphy, 88 Wynn, 89 Roberg, 91 Darby, 96 Wyms, 98 Cannida
DID NOT PLAY
- 59 Duncan
- Hamilton, 7 Gramatica, 19 Johnson, 28 Dunn, 65 Hochstein, 68 Grice, 78 Jones, 85 Anthony
- BUCCANEERS: Stecker 12-35, Abdullah 8-34, Alstott 3-11, King 2-(-9).
- EAGLES: Buckhalter 20-89, Detmer 2-13, Smart 2-6, Martin 1-3.
- BUCCANEERS: B.Johnson 4-3-46-0-0, King 28-19-148-1-0.
- EAGLES: Detmer 14-5-51-1-0, Feeley 14-10-143-1-2.
- BUCCANEERS: Cook 5-21, Wynn 4-69, Murphy 3-25, Stecker 3-8, Abdullah 2-26, Yoder 2-20, Williams 2-18, Green 1-7.
- EAGLES: Douglas 5-77, Buckhalter 5-50, Stewart 3-41, Scott 2-26.
- BUCCANEERS: Lynch 1-2, Abraham 1-0.
- EAGLES: Cook 1-11.
- BUCCANEERS: Murphy 2-34, Williams 1-22, Abdullah 1-18.
- EAGLES: Mitchell 3-70, D.Douglas 1-18.
- BUCCANEERS: Williams 2-4.
- EAGLES: Brown 4-19.
- BUCCANEERS: Gooch 0.5-4.5, Kelly 0.5-4.5.
- EAGLES: Kalu 1-12, Walker 1-10, Burgess 1-7.