LOSS - Tampa Bay Buccaneers 10 Philadelphia Eagles 20
The Buccaneers had trouble keeping their footing on a rain-soaked Philadelphia field. Bill Capece missed three field goals, while Neal Colzie's slip while covering Charlie Smith set up a Tony Franklin field goal.
Wilbert Montgomery suffered a pinched nerve in the first half that was expected to keep him sidelined for a month, but he instead returned in the second half to gain 119 yards on 22 carries.
The Buccaneers failed to capitalize on a questionable Philadelphia play-call in the fourth quarter, when the Eagles elected to run on fourth-and-one, despite holding a 13–10 lead. Norris Thomas recovered Booker Russell's fumble on the ensuing play, and if not for Ron Jaworski's tackle, would have run for a touchdown. Doug Williams' interception two plays later ended any hopes of a comeback.
The Eagles finished the game with an NFL-best 7–1 record.
- REFEREE: Jerry Markbreit
- UMPIRE: Ed Fiffick
- HEAD LINESMAN: Dale Hammer
- LINE JUDGE: Bama Glass
- BACK JUDGE: Tony Kelleher
- FIELD JUDGE: Bob Stanley
- SIDE JUDGE: Dave Parry
- BUCCANEERS: 05:59-1Q Williams 1 run (Capece kick)
- EAGLES: 00:57-2Q Krepfle 6 pass from Jaworski (Franklin kick)
- EAGLES: 11:25-4Q Franklin FG44
- BUCCANEERS: 07:-08-4Q Capece FG29
- EAGLES: 04:18-4Q Franklin FG32
- EAGLES: 01:30-4Q Montgomery 2 run (Franklin kick)
- WR: #86 J. Obradovich
- LT: #75 D. Reavis
- LG: #72 R. Snells
- C: #50 S. Wilson
- RG: #61 G. Roberts
- RT: #73 C. Hannah
- TE: #88 J. Giles
- WR: #89 K. House
- QB: #12 D. Williams
- TB: #43 J. Eckwood
- FB: #32 J. Wilder
- LE: #77 B. Kollar
- NT: #76 D. Logan
- RE: #63 L. Selmon
- LOLB: #57 D. Lewis
- LILB: #56 C. Johnson
- RILB: #54 R. Wood
- ROLB: #53 H. Green
- LCB: #41 N. Thomas
- RCB: #40 M. Washington
- SS: #20 N. Colzie
- FS: #34 C. Brown
- 3 Capece, 9 Swider, 21 Holt, 26 Owens, 27 T Davis, 44 Cesare, 45 Mitchell, 51 Nafziger, 52 Brantley, 59 Hawkins, 62 Leonard, 65 Stalls, 68 Yarno, 70 Hutchinson, 74 Sanders, 83 Bell, 84 Jones, 87 Carter, 90 White
DID NOT PLAY
- 10 Ford, 14 Fusina, 42 R Bell, 79 Campbell
- BUCCANEERS: Eckwood 13-65, Williams 4-16, Wilder 8-13, House 1-8, Owens 4-7.
- EAGLES: Montgomery 22-119, Oliver 9-36, Campfield 4-12, Russell 3-12, Giammona 2-8, Jaworski 2-2.
- BUCCANEERS: Williams 45-19-243-3-0.
- EAGLES: Jaworski 15-9-121-1-1.
- BUCCANEERS: House 6-79, Giles 4-80, Wilder 4-21, Eckwood 3-20, T.Bell 1-26, Jones 1-17.
- EAGLES: Smith 3-68, Montgomery 2-3, Carmichael 1-20, Oliver 1-15, Campfield 1-9, Krepfle 1-6.
- BUCCANEERS: Washington 1-12.
- EAGLES: Chesley 1-35, Blackmore 1-18, Young 1-0.
- BUCCANEERS: Holt 1-40, Owens 1-15.
- EAGLES: Henry 1-25, Russell 1-20.
- BUCCANEERS: T.Bell 2-7.
- EAGLES: Henry 1-0.
- BUCCANEERS: Selmon 1-12.
- EAGLES: Humphrey 1-5.