LOSS - Tampa Bay Buccaneers 23 Miami Dolphins 25
Coming off their home win over the Packers, the Buccaneers flew to Land Shark Stadium for a Week 10 interconference duel with their in-state rival, the Miami Dolphins.
In the first quarter, Tampa Bay struck first as kicker Connor Barth got a 51-yard field goal. However, the Dolphins would answer with a 1-yard touchdown run from running back Ronnie Brown (with a blocked PAT). Miami would add onto their lead in the second quarter with a 49-yard field goal from kicker Dan Carpenter. The Buccaneers would reply with Barth's 50-yard field goal, but the Dolphins would take a huge lead as quarterback Chad Henne completed a 5-yard touchdown pass to tight end Kory Sperry, followed by Carpenter getting a 30-yard field goal.
Tampa Bay would get the only score of the third quarter as Barth nailed a 54-yard field goal.
The Buccaneers would creep closer in the fourth quarter as rookie quarterback Josh Freeman completed a 33-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Maurice Stovall, yet Miami continued to have their way as Carpenter booted a 45-yard field goal. Buccaneers would take the lead as running back Cadillac Williams got a 1-yard touchdown run, but the Dolphins got the last laugh as Carpenter made the game-winning 25-yard field goal.
With the tough loss, the Buccaneers fell to 1–8.
- REFEREE: Tony Corrente
- UMPIRE: Roy Ellison
- HEAD LINESMAN: John McGrath
- LINE JUDGE: John Hussey
- SIDE JUDGE: Allen Baynes
- BACK JUDGE: Gary Cavaletto
- FIELD JUDGE: Gregory Wilson
- REPLAY OFFICIAL: Howard Slavin
- VIDEO OPERATOR: not documented
- BUCCANEERS: 11:24-1Q Barth FG51
- DOLPHINS: 06:38-1Q Brown 1 run (kick blocked)
- DOLPHINS: 07:19-2Q Carpenter FG49
- BUCCANEERS: 02:36-2Q Barth FG50
- DOLPHINS: 01:25-2Q Sperry 5 pass from Henne (Carpenter kick)
- DOLPHINS: 00:05-2Q Carpenter FG30
- BUCCANEERS: 04:05-3Q Barth FG54
- BUCCANEERS: 14:53-4Q Stovall 33 pass from Freeman (Barth kick)
- DOLPHINS: 06:04-4Q Carpenter FG45
- BUCCANEERS: 01:14-4Q Williams 1 run (Barth kick)
- DOLPHINS: 00:10-4Q Carpenter FG25
- WR: #80 M. Clayton
- LT: #70 D. Penn
- LG: #76 J. Zuttah
- C: #52 J. Faine
- RG: #75 D. Joseph
- RT: #65 J. Trueblood
- TE: #88 J. Gilmore
- WR: #85 M. Stovall
- QB: #05 J. Freeman
- RB: #34 E. Graham
- FB: #24 C. Williams
- LE: #96 T. Crowder
- DT: #98 R. Sims
- DT: #95 C. Hovan
- RE: #97 J. Wilkerson
- SLB: #58 Q. Black
- MLB: #51 B. Ruud
- WLB: #54 G. Hayes
- LCB: #25 A. Talib
- SS: #21 S. Piscitelli
- FS: #36 T. Jackson
- RCB: #20 R. Barber
- 8 D Johnson, 10 Barth, 18 Stroughter, 22 Smith, 27 Cox, 28 Ward, 29 Roberson, 33 Mack, 41 Lynch, 48 Economos, 50 McCoy, 53 Koutouvides, 57 Hayward, 69 Dotson, 71 Bennett, 82 Winslow, 86 Stevens, 87 Clark, 92 D.Moore, 93 Miller, 94 K.Moore
DID NOT PLAY
- 11 J Johnson, 61 Compas
- 7 Leftwich, 16 Figurs, 30 Mickens, 45 Pressley, 74 Murphy, 77 Lee, 89 Bryant, 91 White
- BUCCANEERS: Williams 14-52, Freeman 7-36, Ward 10-34.
- DOLPHINS: Williams 20-102, Brown 12-82, Polite 2-14, White 1-1, Ginn 1-0.
- BUCCANEERS: Freeman 28-16-196-1-1.
- DOLPHINS: Henne 31-17-175-1-1, White 1-0-0-0-0.
- BUCCANEERS: Winslow 7-102, Stovall 4-47, Stroughter 2-13, Graham 1-16, Stevens 1-15, Clayton 1-3.
- DOLPHINS: Bess 4-72, Sperry 3-31, Haynos 3-17, Camarillo 2-17, Brown 2-16, Williams 2-5, Hartline 1-17.
- BUCCANEERS: Black 1-3.
- DOLPHINS: Taylor 1-0.
- BUCCANEERS: Smith 6-171, Stovall 1-20.
- DOLPHINS: Ginn 5-90.
- BUCCANEERS: Smith 4-31.
- DOLPHINS: Bess 2-(-4), Ginn 1-7.
- BUCCANEERS: none.
- DOLPHINS: Wake 1-9, Anderson 1-4, Crowder 1-3.