WON - Tampa Bay Buccaneers 38 Kansas City Chiefs 10
HISTORIC MARKER: Buccaneers Ronde Barber is the first player in NFL history with at least eight interceptions returned for touchdowns, four fumble recoveries returned for touchdowns and a punt return for a touchdown. Barber's eight career interceptions returned for touchdowns tied him for seventh in NFL history.
Josh Freeman threw for 328 yards and three touchdown passes, as the Tampa Bay Buccaneers defeated the Kansas City Chiefs 38–10. Tampa Bay had 463 yards of total offense, which was third best for a home game in franchise history.
Brady Quinn started at quarterback for Kansas City for the injured Matt Cassel, who suffered a concussion in the previous week's game against the Ravens.
During the third quarter, Ronde Barber returned a 78-yard interception for a touchdown. Barber has 12 career return touchdowns, which is tied for third all-time in NFL history. Barber only needs one more return touchdown to tie Rod Woodson and Darren Sharper, who have 13 return touchdowns in their respected careers.
Paul Gruber was inducted into Tampa Bay's Ring of Honor during halftime.
Tampa Bay held the Chiefs to 80 rushing yards on 30 carries. Kansas City came into the game averaging 180.8 rushing yards a game, which ranked second in the NFL.
Jamaal Charles was the #1 rushing leader in the NFL with 551 rushing yards coming into the game, but the Tampa Bay defense held Charles to only 40 rushing yards during the entire game.
- REFEREE: Walt Coleman
- UMPIRE: Roy Ellison
- HEAD LINESMAN: Jerry Bergman
- LINE JUDGE: Michael Spanier
- SIDE JUDGE: Rick Patterson
- FIELD JUDGE: Greg Gautreaux
- BACK JUDGE: Greg Yette
- REPLAY OFFICIAL: Bill Spyksna
- VIDEO OPERATOR: not documented
- BUCCANEERS: 00:18-1Q Williams 62 pass from Freeman (Barth kick)
- CHIEFS: 07:45-2Q Succop FG38
- BUCCANEERS: 12:46-3Q Jackson 10 pass from Freeman (Barth kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 09:36-3Q Barber 78 interception return (Barth kick)
- CHIEFS: 14:01-4Q Jones 11 fumble return (Succop kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 10:34-4Q Barth FG27
- BUCCANEERS: 06:43-4Q Jackson 17 pass from Freeman (Barth kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 01:53-4Q Blount 12 run (Barth kick)
- WR: #87 S. Maneri
- LT: #76 B. Albert
- LG: #71 J. Allen
- C: #65 R. Lilja
- RG: #73 J. Asamoah
- RT: #74 E. Winston
- TE: #81 T. Moeaki
- WR: #82 D. Bowe
- QB: #09 B. Quinn
- RB: #25 J. Charles
- FB: #22 D. McCluster
- LE: #94 Ty. Jackson
- NT: #92 D. Poe
- RE: #75 R. Pitoitua
- LOLB: #50 J. Houston
- LILB: #59 J. Belcher
- RILB: #56 D. Johnson
- ROLB: #91 T. Hali
- LCB: #24 B. Flowers
- RCB: #26 S. Routt
- SS: #29 E. Berry
- FS: #23 K. Lewis
- 9 Koenen, 10 Barth, 11 Underwood, 12 Parrish, 17 Benn, 23 Lewis, 27 Blount, 28 Ware, 29 Johnson, 33 McDonald, 35 Grimm, 43 A Black, 48 Economos, 51 Cutrera, 56 Watson, 57 Hayward, 62 Larsen, 65 Trueblood, 88 Stocker, 95 Gibson, 96 Irvin, 97 Johnson
DID NOT PLAY
- 6 Orlovsky, 82 Byham
- 34 Smith, 37 Tandy, 53 Goode, 74 Wallace, 80 Owusu, 86 Noble, 98 White
- BUCCANEERS: Martin 13-76, Blount 7-58, Ware 1-6, Freeman 3-5.
- CHIEFS: Charles 12-40, Eachus 5-18, Draughn 11-11, Quinn 2-11.
- BUCCANEERS: Freeman 26-15-328-1-3.
- CHIEFS: Quinn 38-22-180-2-0.
- BUCCANEERS: Williams 4-113, Jackson 4-66, Underwood 2-68, Martin 2-55, Ware 2-10, Lorig 1-16.
- CHIEFS: McCluster 6-39, Maneri 4-45, Bowe 3-21, Draughn 3-12, Baldwin 2-19, Charles 2-7, Eachus 1-19, Moeaki 1-18.
- BUCCANEERS: Barber 1-78, Barron 1-12.
- CHIEFS: none.
- BUCCANEERS: Benn 2-36.
- CHIEFS: none.
- BUCCANEERS: Parrish 3-21.
- CHIEFS: Arenas 2-11.
- BUCCANEERS: none.
- CHIEFS: Hali 1-10.