WON - Tampa Bay Buccaneers 34 San Diego Chargers 24
The Buccaneers scored a touchdown on offense, defense, and special teams. The last time the Buccaneers did this was on October 18, 2009, home against the Carolina Panthers when Cadillac Williams scored an offensive touchdown, Tanard Jackson returned an interception for a touchdown, and Sammie Stroughter returned a kick-off return for a touchdown.
Josh Freeman threw for 210 yards and 2 touchdowns. Freeman completed 14 passes out 20 attempts. Freeman had another consecutive game without throwing an interception. Dallas Clark caught a three-yard touchdown. Tiquan Underwood caught a 15-yard touchdown. Rookie Leonard Johnson scored an 83-yard interception touchdown. This is the third consecutive game that Leonard Johnson had an interception. Adam Hayward recovered and returned a 29-yard touchdown of a punt that Dekoda Watson blocked.
Daniel Te'o-Nesheim and Mason Foster each had a sack. LeQuan Lewis had an interception as well. Doug Martin had 68 rushing yards and 51 receiving yards which combined for a total of 119 total yards of offense. With this performance Martin broke the NFL record for most yards from scrimmage (605) in a 3-game span set by Walter Payton in 1977 (593). Rookie Lavonte David led the team in tackles with 13. Connor Barth scored 2 field goals. The Tampa Bay defense allowed San Diego to rush over 103 yards on offense.
The Chargers were the third team this season to rush over 100 yards on the Tampa Bay defense. The Redskins and Vikings were the other two teams to do so.
- REFEREE: Bill Vinovich
- UMPIRE: Dan Ferrell
- HEAD LINESMAN: Derick Bowers
- LINE JUDGE: Rusty Baynes
- SIDE JUDGE: Ronald Torbert
- FIELD JUDGE: Scott Edwards
- BACK JUDGE: Perry Paganelli
- REPLAY OFFICIAL: Earnie Frants
- VIDEO OPERATOR: not documented
- CHARGERS: 3:57-1Q Alexander 80 pass from Rivers (Novak kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 08:57-1Q Clark 3 pass from Freeman (Barth kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 04:19-1Q Gates 13 pass from Rivers (Novak kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 12:52-2Q Barth FG40
- BUCCANEERS: 08:55-2Q Hayward 29 blocked punt return (Barth kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 00:27-2Q Floyd 3 pass from Rivers (Novak kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 04:07-3Q Underwood 15 pass from Freeman (Barth kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 13:22-4Q Johnson 83 interception return (Barth kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 07:02-4Q Novak FG34
- BUCCANEERS: 01:07-4Q Barth FG45
- WR: #83 V. Jackson
- LT: #70 D. Penn
- LG: #76 J. Zuttah
- C: #62 T. Larsen
- RG: #79 J. Meredith
- RT: #69 D. Dotson
- TE: #82 N. Byham
- WR: #19 M. Williams
- QB: #05 J. Freeman
- RB: #22 D. Martin
- FB: #41 E. Lorig
- LE: #71 M. Bennett
- DT: #93 G. McCoy
- DT: #90 R. Miller
- RE: #50 D. Te'o-Nesheim
- SLB: #58 Q. Black
- MLB: #59 M. Foster
- WLB: #54 L. David
- LCB: #31 E. Biggers
- RCB: #21 E. Wright
- SS: #24 M. Barron
- FS: #20 R. Barber
- 9 Koenen, 10 Barth, 11 Underwood, 12 Parrish, 23 M.Lewis, 27 Blount, 28 Ware, 29 Johnson, 30 L.Lewis, 37 Tandy, 43 A Black, 44 Clark, 48 Economos, 56 Watson, 57 Hayward, 65 Trueblood, 74 Wallace, 80 Owusu, 88 Stocker, 91 Bowers, 95 Gibson, 96 Irvin, 98 Morgan
DID NOT PLAY
- 6 Orlovsky
- 17 Benn, 34 Smith, 35 Grimm, 36 Gorrer, 51 Cutrera, 53 Goode, 73 Allen
- BUCCANEERS: Martin 19-68, Freeman 1-4, Blount 1-3, Ware 1-(-1).
- CHARGERS: Mathews 17-54, Battle 1-21, Brown 4-18, McClain 2-5, Rivers 2-5.
- BUCCANEERS: Freeman 20-14-210-0-2.
- CHARGERS: Rivers 37-29-337-2-3.
- BUCCANEERS: Jackson 5-59, Martin 3-51, Williams 2-64, Underwood 2-22, Stocker 1-11, Clark 1-3.
- CHARGERS: Floyd 6-63, Alexander 5-134, Mathews 5-22, Gates 4-57, Royal 3-36, Brown 3-6, Rosario 1-11, Meachem 1-8.
- BUCCANEERS: Johnson 1-83, L.Lewis 1-0.
- CHARGERS: none.
- BUCCANEERS: Lewis 1-10.
- CHARGERS: Brinkley 2-51.
- BUCCANEERS: Parrish 1-5.
- CHARGERS: Royal 1-11.
- BUCCANEERS: Te'0-Nesheim 1-10, Foster 1-4.
- CHARGERS: Butler 1-5.