WON - Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 Arizona Cardinals 10
Tampa Bay concluded the regular season at home against the Panthers. They dropped the season finale, and their second-straight game, but rested most of their starters (including Garcia, Graham, Galloway and Ruud). Luke McCown started at quarterback.
On their opening drive, McCown drove the Buccaneers for the game's first score, a touchdown pass to Jerramy Stevens. The drive included a 52-yard catch by Chad Lucas. Carolina responded by driving to the Tampa Bay 4-yard line. A field goal kick was good, but a holding penalty by Derrick Brooks gave the Panthers a first down. They capitalized by scoring a touchdown.
In the second quarter, an interception by Phillip Buchanon led to a Tampa Bay field goal. Late in the second quarter, Josh Bidwell punted to Carolina, but a fumble on the return was recovered by the Buccaneers. Tampa Bay tacked on another field goal before halftime, and trailed, 14–13, at the half.
Midway through the third quarter, Carolina punted and pinned the Buccaneers on their own 2-yard line. McCown then led the Buccaneers on a 10-play, 98-yard touchdown drive, the longest such scoring drive in franchise history. Carolina kept themselves in the game, however, quickly following up with a 46-yard reception to Drew Carter, and then a 1-yard touchdown run.
Trailing 31–23 late in the fourth quarter, McCown drove the Buccaneers to the Carolina 36-yard line, but was intercepted by Richard Marshall. The Buccaneers finished the regular season 9–7 (5–1 division, 6–2 home).
- REFEREE: Terry McAulay
- UMPIRE: Mark Steinkerchner
- HEAD LINESMAN: Jim Mello
- LINE JUDGE: Mark Steinkerchner
- BACK JUDGE: Steve Freeman
- FIELD JUDGE: Greg Gautreaux
- SIDE JUDGE: Michael Banks
- REPLAY OFFICAL: Earnie Frantz
- CARDINALS: 12:17-1Q Rackers FG47
- BUCCANEERS: 5:56-1Q Galloway 37 pass from Garcia (Bryant kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 13:37-2Q Bryant FG32
- BUCCANEERS: 10:33-3Q Graham 2 run (Bryant kick)
- CARDINALS: 7:30-4Q James 3 run (Rackers kick)
- WR: #84 J. Galloway
- LT: #70 D. Penn
- LG: #78 A. Sears
- C: #76 J. Waden
- RG: #75 D. Joseph
- RT: #65 J. Trueblood
- TE: #81 A. Smith
- WR: #19 I. Hilliard
- QB: #07 J. Garcias
- RB: #34 E. Graham
- FB: #35 B. Askew
- LE: #93 K. Carter
- DT: #95 C. Hovan
- DT: #71 J. Haye
- RE: #90 G. Adams
- SLB: #59 C. June
- MLB: #51 B. Ruud
- WLB: #55 D. Brooks
- LCB: #20 R. Barber
- RCB: #31 P. Buchanon
- SS: #23 J. Phillips
- FS: #28 D. Jackson
- 3 Bryant, 9 Bidwell, 17 Spurlock, 22 Davis, 25 Kelly, 26 Allen, 29 Bennett, 39 Pearson, 44 Storer, 48 Economos, 56 Nece, 57 Hayward, 68 Lehr,69 Davis, 83 Gessner, 85 Stovall, 86 Stevens, 87 Heinrich, 88 Becht, 91 White, 96 Peterson, 98 Sims
DID NOT PLAY
- 5 Gradkowski
- 12 McCown, 32 Pittman, 50 Trotter, 54 Chukwurah, 58 Black, 72 Buenning, 80 Clayton, 94 Spires
- BUCCANEERS: Graham 34-124, Garcia 7-26, Bennett 5-12.
- CARDINALS: James 9-15, Arrington 2-7, Shipp 1-1.
- BUCCANEERS: Garcia 28-18-196-0-1.
- CARDINALS: Warner 30-10-172-2-0.
- BUCCANEERS: Hilliard 7-70, Galloway 5-84, Smith 2-13, Graham 2-13, Stovall 1-9, Askew 1-7.
- CARDINALS: Fitzgerald 4-95, Boldin 3-40, Johnson 1-15, Urban 1-12, Arrington 1-11.
- BUCCANEERS: Jackson 1-0, Phillips 1-0.
- CARDINALS: none
- BUCCANEERS: Spurlock 2-57.
- CARDINALS: Breaston 4-81.
- BUCCANEERS: Buchanon 3-11, Hilliard 1-8.
- CARDINALS: Breaston 3-18, Arrington 1-10.
- BUCCANEERS: none
- CARDINALS: Dockett 2-3, Hayes 1-5.