WON - Tampa Bay Buccaneers 20 St. Louis Cardinals 10
The Buccaneers played without linebacker Dave Lewis, who was benched for arriving late to a team meeting.
New placekicker Bill Capece provided a pair of field goals, the Buccaneers' only offense through the first three quarters. A tripping penalty on Calvin Favron erased a fourth-quarter Neil O'Donoghue field goal and forced the Cardinals to punt.
The Buccaneers scored the winning points on a James Owens touchdown run on the ensuing possession, and scored again on a Jerry Eckwood run shortly thereafter. Owens appeared to have been wrapped up by Favron on the touchdown run, but was able to break free for the score on what was to date his only carry of the season. James Wilder led Buccaneer rushers with 15 carries for 76 yards, and caught 9 passes for 72 yards. Doug Williams completed 17 of 30 passes for 162 yards.
Ottis Anderson led Cardinals running backs with 20 carries for 97 yards, and Jim Hart completed 11 of 18 passes for 91 yards.
- REFEREE: Dick Jorgensen
- UMPIRE: John Keck
- HEAD LINESMAN: Liqouri Hagerty
- LINE JUDGE: Boyce Smith
- BACK JUDGE: Roy Clymer
- FIELD JUDGE: Dick Dolick
- SIDE JUDGE: Royal Cathcart
- BUCCANEERS: 8:40-1Q Capece FG29
- BUCCANEERS: 0:06-1Q Capece FG23
- CARDINALS: 9:43-2Q O'Donoghue FG20
- CARDINALS: 9:09-3Q Harrell 1 run (O'Donoghue kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 2:41-4Q Owens 1 run (Capece kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 1:51-4Q Eckwood 31 run (Capece kick)
- TE: #86 J. Obradovich
- LT: #75 D. Reavis
- LG: #68 G. Yarno
- C: #50 S. Wilson
- RG: #62 J. Leonard
- RT: #74 G. Sanders
- TE: #88 J. Giles
- WR: #89 K. House
- QB: #12 D. Williams
- FB: #32 J. Wilder
- TB: #43 J. Eckwood
- LE: #77 B. Kollar
- NT: #76 D. Logan
- RE: #63 L. Selmon
- LOLB: #59 A. Hawkins
- LILB: #56 C. Johnson
- RILB: #54 R. Wood
- ROLB: #53 H. Green
- LC: #41 N. Thomas
- RC: #21 J. Holt
- SS: #20 N. Colzie
- FS: #34 C. Brown
- 3 Capece, 9 Swider, 26 Owens, 27 T Davis, 28 G Davis, 40 Washington, 44 Cesare, 45 Mitchell, 51 Nafziger, 52 Brantley, 61 Roberts, 65 Stalls, 70 Hutchinson, 72 Snell, 73 Hannah, 83 Bell, 87 Carter, 90 White
DID NOT PLAY
- 10 Ford, 14 Fusina, 42 R Bell, 57 Lewis, 84 Jones
- BUCCANEERS: Wilder 15-76, Eckwood 13-71, Williams 5-19, Owens 1-1.
- CARDINALS: Anderson 20-97, Morris 12-60, Mitchell 5-18, Harrell 1-1.
- BUCCANEERS: Williams 30-17-162-0-0.
- CARDINALS: Hart 18-11-91-0-0, Lomax 1-1-8-0-0.
- BUCCANEERS: Wilder 9-72, Giles 3-36, T.Bell 2-24, House 2-17, Obradovich 1-13.
- CARDINALS: Anderson 3-8, Green 2-24, Harrell 2-13, Stef 1-23, Morris 1-11, Tilley 1-11, Mitchell 1-5, LaFleur 1-4.
- BUCCANEERS: Johnson 1-3.
- CARDINALS: none
- BUCCANEERS: T.Davis 1-21.
- CARDINALS: Mitchell 3-64, Love 1-5.
- BUCCANEERS: T.Bell 1-5.
- CARDINALS: Mitchell 3-32.
- BUCCANEERS: Logan 1-12, Hutchinson 1-8.
- CARDINALS: Baker 1-8.