WON - Tampa Bay Buccaneers 22 Cleveland Browns 07
Trying to end a four-game losing streak, the Buccaneers flew to Cleveland Browns Stadium for a Week 16 interconference fight with the Cleveland Browns on Christmas Eve.
In the first half, the Buccaneers got off to a decent start with kicker Matt Bryant nailing a 23-yard field goal in the first quarter and a 24-yard field goal in the second quarter. In the third quarter, Tampa Bay increased its lead RB Michael Pittman's 11-yard TD run (following PAT was blocked).
During the fourth quarter, the Pewter Pirates' defense got a chance to score with OLB Derrick Brooks returning an interception 21 yards for a touchdown and delite of BuccaneersFans. Afterwards, the Browns would get their only score of the game as CB Daven Holly returned a fumble 40 yards for a touchdown. After that, the Bucs wrapped the game up with Bryant's 37-yard field goal.
With the win, the Buccaneers improved to 4–11.
- REFEREE: Scott Green
- UMPIRE: Scott Dawson
- HEAD LINESMAN: Tony Veteri
- LINE JUDGE: Ron Marinucci
- SIDE JUDGE: Larry Rose
- FIELD JUDGE: Boris Cheek
- BACK JUDGE: Lee Dyer
- REPLAY OFFICIAL: Larry Hill
- VIDEO OPERATOR: Mike Wimmer
- BUCCANEERS: 07:05-1Q Bryant FG23
- BUCCANEERS: 06:18-2Q Bryant FG24
- BUCCANEERS: 09:20-3Q Pittman 11 run (kick failed)
- BUCCANEERS: 14:12-4Q Brooks 21 interception return (Bryant kick)
- BROWNS: 11:33-4Q Holly 40 fumble return (Dawson kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 05:47-4Q Bryant FG37
- WR: #84 J. Galloway
- LT: #69 A. Davis
- LG: #79 S. Mahan
- C: #76 J. Wade
- RG: #75 D. Joseph
- RT: #65 J. Trueblood
- TE: #88 A. Becht
- WR: #85 M. Stovall
- QB: #13 T. Rattay
- FB: #40 M. Alstott
- RB: #32 M. Pittman
- LE: #94 G. Spires
- DT: #95 C. Hovan
- NT: #96 E. Wyms
- RE: #90 D. White
- SLB: #56 R. Nece
- MLB: #53 S. Quarles
- WLB: #55 D. Brooks
- RCB: #31 P. Buchanon
- LCB: #20 R. Barber
- SS: #23 J. Phillips
- FS: #26 W. Allen
- 3 Bryant, 9 Bidwell, 19 Hilliard, 21 Bolden, 27 Cox, 30 Nicholson, 33 Sowell, 34 Graham, 39 Pearson, 46 Adams, 50 Winborn, 51 Ruud, 52 Cash, 54 Mallard, 71 Haye, 74 Green, 77 Terry, 81 Smith, 82 Warren, 83 Moore, 89 Jones, 91 Jenkins
DID NOT PLAY
- 7 Gradkowski
- 12 McCown, 24 Williams , 29 Zemaitis, 66 Mihlhauser, 70 Penn, 86 Jolley, 93 Bennett, 98 Bradley
- BUCCANEERS: Pittman 16-86, Alstott 22-56, Graham 5-12, Rattay 1-(-1).
- BROWNS: Droughns 19-92, Anderson 1-(-1).
- BUCCANEERS: Rattay 26-16-212-1-0.
- BROWNS: Anderson 27-10-123-4-0, Dorsey 1-0-0-0-0.
- BUCCANEERS: Hilliard 4-67, Smith 4-45, Pittman 4-21, Stovall 2-45, Galloway 2-34.
- BROWNS: Jurevicius 4-58, Northcutt 2-31, Winslow 2-27, Edwards 2-7.
- BUCCANEERS: Phillips 2-45, Brooks 1-21, Buchanon 1-0.
- BROWNS: Holly 1-8.
- BUCCANEERS: Cox 1-22, Sowell 1-11.
- BROWNS: Cribbs 4-77, Friedman 1-2.
- BUCCANEERS: none.
- BROWNS: Northcutt 1-13.
- BUCCANEERS: Spires 2-15, Hovan 1-12.
- BROWNS: Wimbley 2-6, Williams 1-4.