LOSS - Tampa Bay Buccaneers 27 Buffalo Bills 30
The Buccaneers played a more consistent game, but still came up short in Buffalo.
After scoring early in the third quarter, Buffalo took a 17-6 lead. After another Bills field goal, and two touchdown passes from Jameis Winston to rookie tight-end O. J. Howard, the game was tied, 20-20.
With just over 3 minutes remaining in regulation, another touchdown pass by Winston, this time a diving catch just inbounds by Mike Evans gave the Buccaneers a 27-20 lead. On the next drive, the Bills drove down the field in three plays to tie the game, aided by an ill-timed 15-yard Unnecessary Roughness penalty by Robert McClain. With 2:20 left in the fourth, a pass from Winston to Adam Humphries was fumbled and recovered by the Bills at Tampa Bay 32-yard line.
After running down the clock, the Bills kicked a field goal to win the game. With this loss, the Buccaneers now have lost three straight games, all by less than one score, and sit at 2-4 at the bottom of the NFC South.
- REFEREE: Clete Blakeman
- UMPIRE: Dan Ferrell
- DOWN JUDGE: Hugo Cruz
- LINE JUDGE: Dana McKenzie
- FIELD JUDGE: Joe Larrew
- SIDE JUDGE: Dyrol Prioleau
- BACK JUDGE: Steve Patrick
- REPLAY OFFICIAL: Carl Madsen
- MICROSOFT SURFACE SIDELINE OFFICIAL: not documented
- BUCCANEERS: 09:44-1Q Murray FG50
- BILLS: 05:45-1Q Hauschka FG25
- BUCCANEERS: 00:22-1Q Murray FG25
- BILLS: 09:26-2Q McCoy 1 run (Hauschka kick)
- BILLS: 11:36-3Q Thomas 22 pass from Taylor (Haushcka kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 07:11-3Q Howard 7 pass from Winston (Murray kick)
- BILLS: 13:31-4Q Hauschka FG52
- BUCCANEERS: 10:08-4Q Howard 33 pass from Winston (Murray kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 03:14-4Q Evans 12 pass from Winston (Murray kick)
- BILLS: 02:28-4Q McCoy 7 run (Hauschka kick)
- BILLS: 00:14-4Q Hauschka FG30
- WR: #11 D. Jackson
- TE: #80 O. Howard
- LT: #76 D. Smith
- LG: #64 K. Pamphile
- C: #74 A. Marpet
- RG: #73 J. Sweezy
- RT: #69 D. Dotson
- WR: #10 A. Humphries
- WR: #13 M. Evans
- QB: #03 J. Winston
- RB: #22 D. Martin
- DE: #91 R. Ayers Jr.
- DT: #93 G. McCoy
- DT: #90 C. Baker
- DE: #57 N. Spence
- SLB: #58 K. Alexander
- WLB: #54 L. David
- DB: #21 J. Evans
- CB: #28 V. Hargeaves III
- CB: #24 B. Grimes
- S: #23 C. Conte
- S: #36 R. McClain
- 7 Murray, 9 Anger, 12 Godwin, 18 Reedy, 25 Barber, 29 Smith, 32 Rodgers, 34 Sims, 35 Elliott, 37 Tandy, 43 Ward, 51 Beckwith, 52 Lynch, 53 Glanton, 59 Bond, 62 E Smith, 65 Sanborn, 66 Wester, 84 Brate, 88 Stocker, 94 Clarke, 98 McDonald.
DID NOT PLAY
- 14 Fitzpatrick
- 26 Robinson, 39 Johnson, 68 Hawley, 77 Benenoch, 82 Auclair, 95 Russell, 96 Siliga.
- BUCCANEERS: Maritn 20-49, Reedy 1-10, Sims 2-8, Rodgers 1-2, Winston 1-0.
- BILLS: McCoy 23-91, Taylor 6-53, Tolbert 3-29, Thompson 1-0.
- BUCCANEERS: Winston 44-32-384-1-3.
- BILLS: Taylor 33-20-268-0-1.
- BUCCANEERS: Evans 7-88, Howard 6-98, Brate 6-60, Jackson 5-73, Martin 2-31, Humphries 2-13, Sims 2-7, Rodgers 1-9, Godwin 1-5.
- BILLS: McCoy 5-31, Thompson 4-107, O’Leary 2-58, Z,Jones 2-17, Holmes 2-11, Matthews 2-10, Thomas 2-22, T.Jones 1-11, Tolbert 1-1.
- BUCCANEERS: none.
- BILLS: Milano 1-15.
- BUCCANEERS: none.
- BILLS: Tate 2-49.
- BUCCANEERS: Reedy 1-0.
- BILLS: none.
- BUCCANEERS: Ayers 1-7.
- BILLS: Davis 1-6.