WON - Tampa Bay Buccaneers 14 Cincinnati Bengals 13
The Buccaneers were predicted by many as an underdog by several sports commentators to defeat the 3–1 Bengals, and they pulled off an upset win, with Bruce Gradkowski throwing 2 touchdowns, and Cadillac Williams running for 94 yards.
With 34 seconds remaining in the 4th quarter, Gradkowkski threw a pass to wide receiver Michael Clayton, who appeared to cross the goal line in a dive, but dropped the football in the end zone. The pass was initially ruled incomplete. The replay official initiated a review, and referee Mike Carey determined that Clayton had possession of the football when he crossed the plain of the goal line. The call was reversed, and the Buccaneers were awarded the touchdown.
At the end of regulation, Shayne Graham had a chance to win the game with a 62-yard field goal, but missed it wide right, giving the Bucs their first win of 2006.
- REFEREE: Mike Carey
- UMPIRE: Dan Ferrell
- HEAD LINESMAN: Steve Stelljes
- LINE JUDGE: Mark Perlman
- SIDE JUDGE: John Parry
- FIELD JUDGE: Buddy Horton
- BACK JUDGE: Bill Schmitz
- REPLAY OFFICIAL: Tommy Moore
- VIDEO OPERATOR: not documented
- BENGALS: 09:08-2Q Houshmandzadeh 33 pass from Palmer (Graham kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 06:37-3 Smith 2 pass from Gradkowski (Bryant kick)
- BENGALS: 02:29-3Q Graham FG37
- BENGALS: 10:34-4Q Graham FG47
- BUCCANEERS: 00:35-4Q Clayton 8 pass from Gradkowski (Bryant kick)
- WR: #84 J. Galloway
- LT: #69 A. Davis
- LG: #72 D. Buenning
- C: #76 J. Wade
- RG: #75 D. Joseph
- RT: #65 J. Trueblood
- TE: #88 A. Becht
- WR: #80 M. Clayton
- QB: #07 B. Gradowski
- RB: #24 C. Williams
- FB: #40 M. Alstott
- LDE: #94 G. Spires
- DT: #95 C. Hovan
- DT: #92 A. McFarland
- RDE: #97 S. Rice
- OLB: #56 R. Nece
- MLB: #53 S. Quarles
- OLB: #55 D. Brooks
- LCB: #21 J. Bolden
- RCB: #20 R. Barber
- SS: #23 J. Phillips
- FS: #26 W. Allen
- 3 Bryant, 9 Bidwell, 19 Hilliard, 27 Cox, 32 Pittman, 34 Graham, 39 Pearson, 46 Adams, 50 Winborn, 51 Ruud, 52 Cash, 54 Mallard, 74 Green, 77 Terry, 79 Mahan, 81 Smith, 82 Warren, 83 Moore, 87 Jolley, 90 White, 91 Jenkins, 98 Wyms
DID NOT PLAY
- 13 Rattay
- 2 Simms, 25 Kelly, 29 Zemaitis, 31 Strait, 33 Sowell, 70 Penn, 85 Stovall, 89 Jones
- BUCCANEERS: Williams 19-94, Gradkowski 4-19, Pittman 1-11, Galloway 1-2.
- BENGALS: R.Johnson 17-52, Palmer 2-1, Houshmadzadeh 1-0.
- BUCCANEERS: Gradkowski 44-25-184-1-2.
- BENGALS: Palmer 37-24-261-0-1
- BUCCANEERS: Galloway 7-67, Clayton 6-55, Williams 3-10, Alstott 3-10, Smith 3-10, Pittman 2-10, Becht 1-12.
- BENGALS: Houshmandzadeh 10-102, C.Johnson 6-99, Watson 4-18, Chatman 2-13, Kelly 1-27, J.Johnson 1-2.
- BUCCANEERS: none.
- BENGALS: Kaesviharn 1-0.
- BUCCANEERS: Pittman 2-46.
- BENGALS: Chatman 2-50.
- BUCCANEERS: Hilliard 5-37, Galloway 2-3.
- BENGALS: Chatman 3-22.
- BUCCANEERS: Wyms 2-9.
- BENGALS: Smith 1-8, Geathers 1-2.