WON - Tampa Bay Buccaneers 35 Cincinnati Bengals 07
Tampa Bay crushed the Bengals 35–7. Brad Johnson threw three touchdown passes (of 35 yards, 65 yards and 22 yards, respectively), while Shelton Quarles returned an interception 25 yards for a score (Tampa Bay's third such score in three weeks).
If the first quarter was a minor struggle, the rest of the game was relatively easy for the Buccaneers, as signified by the first play of the second period. Brad Johnson, who had yet another strong day, pump-faked left from the Bengals’ 35-yard line, drawing coverage away from Rickey Dudley down the middle of the field. Johnson then lofted a perfect pass to a wide-open Dudley for a 35-yard touchdown. It was Dudley's second score in two games as a Buccaneer.
Six minutes and two possessions later, Johnson lofted a high floater on the left sideline to another wide-open man, Keenan McCardell. McCardell had no tacklers within 20 yards of him as he trotted into the end zone for a 65-yard score.
- REFEREE: Gerry Austin
- UMPIRE: Tony Michalek
- HEAD LINESMAN: John Schleyer
- LINE JUDGE: Carl Johnson
- SIDE JUDGE: Rick Patterson
- BACK JUDGE: Jim Howey
- FIELD JUDGE: Scott Edwards
- REPLAY OFFICIAL: Lawrence Hill
- VIDEO OPERATOR: Dennis Riggs
- BENGALS: 02:19-1Q Simmons 51 interception return (Rackers kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 14:53-2Q Dudley 35 pass from B.Johnson (Gramatica kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 07:27-2Q McCardell 65 pass from B.Johnson (Gramatica kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 00:52-2Q Quarles 25 interception return (Gramatica kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 10:46-3Q Dilger 22 pass from B.Johnson (Gramatica kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 03:09-4Q Alstott 1 run (Gramatica kick)
- WR: #19 K. Johnson
- LT: #72 R. Oben
- LG: #71 K. Jenkins
- C: #62 J. Christy
- RG: #60 C. Coleman
- RT: #74 C. Green
- TE: #85 K. Dilger
- WR: #87 K. McCardell
- QB: #14 B. Johnson
- RB: #32 M. Pittman
- RB: #27 A. Stecker
- LDE: #94 G. Spires
- RDT: #92 A. McFarland
- LDT: #99 W. Sapp
- RDE: #97 S. Rice
- SLB: #51 A. Singleton
- MLB: #53 S. Quarles
- WLB: #55 D. Brooks
- LCB: #25 B. Kelly
- RCB: #20 R. Barber
- SS: #47 J. Lynch
- FS: #34 D. Jackson
- 7 Gramatica, 9 Tupa, 11 Johnson, 23 Phillips, 26 Smith, 30 Barnes, 35 Ivy, 38 Howell, 40 Alstott, 45 Solwold, 52 Webster, 56 Nece, 58 Golden, 77 Washington, 80 Yoder, 83 Jurevicius, 86 Williams, 88 Dudley, 91 Darby, 96 Wyms, 98 Smith
DID NOT PLAY
- 65 Hochstein, 75 Brown
- 10 King, 31 Wansley, 34 Stephens, 43 Cook, 67 Walker, 82 Walker, 84 Barlow, 90 Gurley
- BUCCANEERS: Pittman 19-54, Alstott 7-29, Stecker 1-14, R.Johnson 1-4.
- BENGALS: Dillon 21-59, Neal 2-10, Smith 4-5, Bennett 2-0.
- BUCCANEERS: B.Johnson 30-19-277-2-3.
- BENGALS: Smith 33-12-117-1-0.
- BUCCANEERS: K.Johnson 5-56, Pittman 5-27, McCardell 4-108, Dilger 2-33, Dudley 1-35, Jurevicius 1-12, Alstott 1-6.
- BENGALS: Warrick 4-51, Bennett 4-27, Houshmandzadeh 2-20, Luchey 1-15, Schobel 1-4.
- BUCCANEERS: Quarles 1-25.
- BENGALS: Simmons 1-51, Gibson 1-6.
- BUCCANEERS: Stecker 1-32, Yoder 1-9.
- BENGALS: Bennett 6-106.
- BUCCANEERS: Williams 5-61.
- BENGALS: Warrick 2-15.
- BUCCANEERS: Sapp 2-15, Brooks 1-8.
- BENGALS: Williams 1-10, Hawkins 1-5.