WON - Tampa Bay Buccaneers 16 Cincinnati Bengals 13
Following the short week, Buccaneers traveled to Cincinnati to take on the less-than-mediocre Bengals. Despite the poor opposition, Tampa Bay's only touchdown came from a blocked punt. Martin Gramatica scored two field goals, and the Buccaneers held a 13–6 lead, With 8 seconds left in regulation, Jon Kitna connected with Corey Dillon for a game-tying 6-yard touchdown pass, and forced overtime.
In the overtime period, Tampa Bay won the toss and received. They drove to the Cincinnati 35-yard line, where they punted. Punter Mark Royals pinned the Bengals at their own 4-yard line.
On the first play of the Bengals drive, Dillon fumbled the ball, and it was recovered by John Lynch at the 3-yard line. Without hesitation, Gramatica came on to the field, and kicked a chip-shot 21-yard field goal to win the game.
- REFEREE: Tom White
- UMPIRE: Jim Quirk
- HEAD LINESMAN: Ed Camp
- LINE JUDGE: Gary Arthur
- SIDE JUDGE: Larry Rose
- BACK JUDGE: Bob Lawing
- FIELD JUDGE: Boris Cheek
- REPLAY OFFICIAL: Lawrence Hill
- VIDEO OPERATOR: Eugene Cunningham
- BENGALS: 06:50-1Q Rackers FG23
- BUCCANEERS: 09:17-2Q Yoder 11 blocked punt return (Gramatica kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 11:54-3Q Gramatica FG38
- BUCCANEERS: 12:23-4Q Gramatica FG48
- BENGALS: 04:29-4Q Rackers FG41
- BENGALS: 00:08-4Q Dillon 6 pass from Kitna (Rackers kick)
- BUCCANEERS: 09:54-OT Gramatica FG21
- WR: #81 J. Green
- LT: #67 K. Walker
- LG: #64 R. McDaniel
- C: #62 J. Christy
- RG: #60 C. Coleman
- RT: #71 J. Wunsch
- TE: #83 D. Moore
- WR: #19 K. Johnson
- QB: #14 B. Johnson
- RB: #28 W. Dunn
- FB: #40 M. Alstott
- LE: #78 M. Jones
- NT: #92 A. McFarland
- DT: #99 W. Sapp
- RE: #97 S. Rice
- SLB: #53 S. Quarles
- MLB: #59 J. Duncan
- WLB: #55 D. Brooks
- LCB: #25 B. Kelly
- RCB: #20 R. Barber
- SS: #47 J. Lynch
- FS: #34 D. Jackson
- 3 Royals, 7 Gramatica, 21 Abraham, 26 Smith, 27 Abdullah, 38 Howell, 43 Cook, 46 Gibson, 50 Gooch, 51 Singleton, 52 Webster, 69 Pierson, 75 Washington, 80 Yoder, 84 McDermott, 86 Williams, 87 Murphy, 94 White, 98 Cannida
DID NOT PLAY
- 10 King, 76 Curry, 85 Anthony, 91 Darby
- 1 Hamilton, 22 Stecker, 33 Vance, 35 Ivy, 58 Cerqua, 65 Hochstein, 89 Wynn, 96 Wyms
- BUCCANEERS: Dunn 21-42, Alstott 6-24, B.Johnson 3-(-1).
- BENGALS: Dillon 23-79, Bennett 1-7.
- BUCCANEERS: B.Johnson 33-26-231-0-0.
- BENGALS: Kitna 38-19-144-1-1.
- BUCCANEERS: K.Johnson 7-85, Green 7-67, Moore 4-32, Alstott 3-31, Dunn 3-5, Cook 1-7, Yoder 1-4.
- BENGALS: Warrick 5-33, Scott 4-30, Bennett 3-23, Johnson 2-27, Dugans 2-17, Dillon 2-8, McGee 1-6.
- BUCCANEERS: Abraham 1-15.
- BENGALS: none.
- BUCCANEERS: Murphy 2-20, Abdullah 1-29.
- BENGALS: Keaton 2-47, Houshmandzadeh 1-14, Bennett 1-14.
- BUCCANEERS: Williams 2-13.
- BENGALS: Houshmandzadeh 1-8.
- BUCCANEERS: Rice 2-19, Quarles 1-10.
- BENGALS: Gibson 2-12, Smith 2-12, Simmons 1-5, Wilson 1-3.